Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Wierdest things Dates have done!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wthell
Msg: 1
Wierdest things Dates have done!Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Can anyone beat this - picture the scene - first date (out in public) and he tells me he can still do the splits. It was kind of out of the blue and out of context.

He then decided to demonstrate right there and then, with people staring, quite impressively he did get down!! .... problem is he then got stuck and couldn't get back up

There I was tottering in heel (which had already made me taller then him) trying to pull him up. We managed to laugh about ot but never saw him again!
 RushLuv
Msg: 2
Wierdest things Dates have done!
Posted: 4/17/2010 12:31:34 PM
If you never saw him again after that, he was probably too embarrassed.
 forumfishie
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/17/2010 12:38:12 PM
Met a guy for a drink, he drank 4 in 30minutes then he told me he feels better now than when he was 20 and, of course after 4 martinis, sure.
He stood up and tried to stand on his hands and landed on his face.
He tried 3 more times, same result.
He came back, sat down and repeated, "I feel younger and stronger than when I was 20"
So, he must had have really weak upper body muscles at 20, I guess.
 Naganadoy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 1:40:13 PM
ive had several dates who merely acting like themselves.

that was weird. they were weird.

i did spend a day with a guy who was here from out of state. during the day he was kind of argumentative with the valet attendant, with a taxi driver, with a bar tender and with a waiter. he INSISTED on buying me flowers (so i could HAUL them around with me all day). I told him NO THANKS. he got all hurt and stomped away.

then he took me to a restaurant for lunch and he complained about most of it. and later in the conversation he told me that he was at that same restaurant the day before (if it was so bad, why take me the next day??). then before dinner at a different and very nice restaurant---he was very pissed that he couldnt smoke his cigar in a no-smoking state restaurant. so he decided to inhale some martinis.

when dinner arrived............which is what i had been looking forward to allllll dayyyyy longgggg.......great seafood restaurant.... YUMMMMYYYYY.....well he must have been puking up martinis because he disappeared for a long time. so ---im not one to let a great meal go unappreciated---i thoroughly enjoyed my delicious seafood dinner and i was just about to clean his plate when he came back to the table. damn!!!! that'll learn me. next time if my date disappears to go puke im gonna eat HIS dinner first!!!

after all that. the guy had the nerve to CRY ON ME. no lie. He cried on me. on me. weepy ol wet sloppy tears on my blouse.

ahhhhh good ol anthony! wonder who hes cryin on now?
heheheheh...god i love the weirdos!!!
 forumfishie
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/17/2010 1:55:22 PM
I think I went out with Anthony too.
He was a real manly man, before the alcohol hit his brain, then it was waterworks about his Mom and his many, many, many, failed relationships.

He said "you must be thinking I'm a little beyatch, because I'm crying"
How often do you cry?
Only when I'm drunk
How often do you drink?
About four,five days a week
But you don't get drunk every time you drink, do you?
Yes, just about every time I drink, I end up drunk

So, I guess he was a little beyatch, at least 5 days out of the week.
 deborah815
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 4:17:10 PM
Very funny, OP, you made me smile with your story. I'm picturing the poor guy not being able to get up. I'm surprised his pants didn't split. As for me, I had been dating my former boyfriend for a short time, it was winter and he suggested we take a walk by the ocean. I was bundled up in about 20 layers. All of a sudden my guy totally stripped, his penis pitifully shrunk instantly in the sub-freezing temperatures, and he jumped into the water. What a show!
 colt8301
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/17/2010 4:20:38 PM

He then decided to demonstrate right there and then, with people staring, quite impressively he did get down!! .... problem is he then got stuck and couldn't get back up

LOL!!!! sounds like you had a date with an ex-male cheerleader trying to get his "groove" back, that's too funny. this seems like a skit from Mad Tv "Lowered Expectations".
 gogglehead
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/17/2010 6:29:45 PM
Met a POF date at a restaurant. He looked like the father of the man in his profile pic. Swore up & down it was him though. (Yeah sure it's you, like 25 years ago!!!)
Insisted I order 3 or 4 appetizers for us to share. He gave ZERO input as to which appetizers he might like or not like. So I ordered. When the apps arrived, he complained and picked at every one of them. He was the pickiest eater I've ever met in my life.
OK it's not as weird as doing the splits, but that's all I have.
 =jinx=
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/17/2010 6:49:51 PM
Punched me in the arm at the end of our coffee meet when we were saying goodbye.
Sort of like Punch Buggy, only there was no VW Bug around.
And he didn't pull the punch.
Odd.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:47:28 AM
Punched me in the arm at the end of our coffee meet

Geesh..........what the hell is going on out there?
This rates alongside the Thread where Op's date slapped his face while he was trying to enjoy a meal

Think one of the weirdest guys i dated was the one who didnt want any of his food touching on the plate.
He requested that the steak NOT touch any of the vegetables which all had to be in separate piles on the one plate.....
Bon appetite!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 9:05:28 AM
I once had a guy on a date call everyone in the place over and start doing card tricks, he mentioned it to me in conversation and then it lead to him pulling out a deck he just "happened" to be carrying. That was weird to me.

What was weirder is that everyone in the place actually got sucked into it and became an audience for quite awhile...I didn't know whether to watch or leave.

I had no idea people were so hungry for card tricks out there.
 breath~
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2010 10:33:20 AM
I just go ahead and be the wierd one.
Then they can come here and write a story about me.
Then I am the unusual unforgetable one.
Beat them to it.
May as well.
Because, (usually), sure as heck one of us is gonna be.

See, I don't get many (although I have some) "normal" sort of men contacting me for actual meeting.
I get the major hang-ups.. major drama.. or major nutso ones that figure they can't quite make it with the other women but gosh, this one's in a wheelchair so she may go out with me.

Ain't life fun!
 Arpeggia
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2010 6:43:36 PM
Met a former Pof'er at a local (populate) park and upon first greeting he hugged me and said the word "pu**y". I said, "beg your pardon".. he did not reply... a little while later we were in a place where he was in my "personal space" and very slightly under his breath said "pu**y".

This went on for a while and me thinking.. nah I cant be hearing what I think I am hearing.. Can I???? ... but I was.. eventually, he pulled himself out and started masturbating. I got up and left and some people in the park who saw what he did ran interference.. This is the condensed version but it was like.. OMG he is trying to send me subliminal messages.

Arpeggia
 fishhooked
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:01:32 PM
I went out with a woman one time and she paid for the meal. I sh1t you not. It completely freaked me out.
 Puppydog54
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:24:58 PM
I met a lady for dinner one evening... a first meet. She was pretty, intelligent and seemed nice. After the meal I was walking her to her car when she noticed that I have my name on my license plate. At that point she totally freaked out, yelling that only conceited, egotistical people would EVER put their name on their plates... then got in her car and drove off. Never to be heard from again!
 elyssa
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/18/2010 9:03:07 PM
way back when, my date randomly turned around flashing vampire teeth.. looked so real, i was so scared lol i thought that was the end of me :P
he's lucky i didn't go all "buffy" on him.

we're bffs now :)
 DivamomExtraordinaire
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/18/2010 10:49:46 PM
No I don't think I can beat the OP's date, but one of mine WAS a bad one. Seemingly nice guy (from POF) asks me to to a concert for our first date. We meet at the venue and he proceeds to get drunk, explaining that this is how he likes to have fun.

Then he decides that the no smoking rule shouldn't apply to him and starts to smoke during the concert and almost ends up in a fight with some other concert goers.

Needless to say I didn't accept any other invites after that!
 reet420
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/19/2010 12:15:07 AM
my date order food, and after bill comes and pull out cash, he tells me dont worry, i claim it from my company, under business deals..
LMFAO
 *army mom*
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/19/2010 6:19:02 AM
Haven't met anyone who did card tricks or splits, but I just may have met the rudest man in the world -- not from POF -- another site.

He walked me to my car after our meeting and noticed that I had a bumper sticker about my son serving in Afghanistan. He told me my son was a "hired gun" and proceeded to rant about how the U.S. shouldn't even be involved.

I couldn't get in my car fast enough. I figured he was just off his meds ...
 TallBlondeSwan
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/19/2010 12:47:44 PM

Think one of the weirdest guys i dated was the one who didnt want any of his food touching on the plate. He requested that the steak NOT touch any of the vegetables which all had to be in separate piles on the one plate....

If you had been more tolerant, you'd be Mrs. Jay Leno today!
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/19/2010 1:14:43 PM
Last date from here that I accepted (almost a year ago)....tried dry humping my leg in the movie line....was even making the noises. I pushed him off ...even though he was 6'4" (I'm 5'3")...and left. I felt sorry for the little older lady behind us for having to witness that though....I hope he didn't turn around and try it with her...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 22
Weirdest things dates have done!
Posted: 4/19/2010 5:17:02 PM

He got knocked out in the first round.

Me too, but he wasn't a boxer..

Tombstone hunting for the oldest dead person that lived the longest.
 Sun_Devil_92
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/19/2010 5:28:57 PM
Hmmm ... I admitted about dating the "Air Supply Groupie" in another thread ...

I did go out with a woman that looked 15 years older than her picture, but that happens a lot ...

And there was the one that was basically Lady Ga Ga in her early 50's ...

Nope, sorry, they've all been pretty normal.
 83GS650
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/20/2010 7:20:37 AM
This is a great thread, keeps everyone feeling normal with the abnormal. I guess that is part of the lesson here; there is a big difference with what we perceive about people and reality. The sooner we learn what the person we are dating is really about the better. So no matter how bad the first date is, be glad to learn it up front and not later on.

To be honest... I have not had any that could make this list, but then again maybe I will show up as the one being talked about.

Just like the profiles and the messages, honesty is important and something that might be seen as a negative is just a filter. Filters are a good thing at times, but we have to be honest with ourselves and say at times, who would read this and go out with me? Some might be exactly what we are looking for and some might be more the vulture type. The lady who posted about finding a lot of creeps trying to date her cause she is in a wheelchair is a good example. That is who she is and she shouldn’t hide it and it does serve a purpose as a filter. If someone cannot look past that and see her for who she is then of course she would not want to date them anyways, but it also brings out the vultures.
 treselle
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2010 11:20:13 AM
My date and I were at Winner's looking at shoes. At some point there were just 2 of us and no one around when he farted. I pretended I did not hear it. A moment later he asked me:"Did you hear me? I farted?"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Wierdest things Dates have done!