Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Response Message, she give her e-mail      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 playmaker24
Msg: 1
Response Message, she give her e-mailPage 1 of 1    
On another dating website. She looked at my profile and then she proceeds "saying sorry for the short reply, here's my e-mail, and I 'll check it when I get home from work."

An actual real msg or some kind of fake profile? I'm a bit weary about that it could be a fake one but who knows anymore. Haha
 AppleGeek
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Response Message, she give her e-mail
Posted: 4/24/2010 8:35:37 AM
Why are you asking here? Go ask on the other site.
Wait till she replies.
Your complaining that she replied?
 RushLuv
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/24/2010 8:46:21 AM
OP,
Who knows? Perhaps the profile is real and she was just giving you another way to contact her.

On the contrary, what makes you so "weary" that the profile isn't legit?
 American-Boy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2010 9:56:36 AM
I once got a phone number as the first reply with a short message saying to call her.

This is not "normal". "Normal" online dating is one of the following:
1 - She reads the message and never replies. At all. Nothing.
2 - She reads the message, replies once or twice, and then disappears off the face of the earth forever.
3 - She is quick to reply, is having fun messaging back and forth, then when I propose to meet, she stops replying until some time has passed and the "danger" of me asking for a date has subsided. Now they want to message more.

Then I realized I had been doing online dating for too long and what I used to think was normal no longer was. I called her and we have been dating for 4 months.

Go for it.
 Lemmons09
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/24/2010 10:21:23 AM
It's an invitation to contact her at her private email. One possible reason could be that she doesn't visit the online dating site very often, and she finds it more convenient to get email at her private address. One other plausible but unlikely reason could be to get your email and add it to a spam list.

Just email her. Take it a face value. Stop trying to guess when you don't have enough info. People come undone by doing that. If you're paranoid, use the email addy you use for spam or whatever-most people have more than one email addy, and if you don't I suggest you start. It's a good privacy measure.
 LACali
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/24/2010 11:22:02 AM
Good advice American-Boy.
 playmaker24
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/24/2010 11:52:36 AM
just e-mailed her. we shall see what happens.
 FinkyIsMyName
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/24/2010 1:53:23 PM
OP: If you're cautious, you're "wary." Or "leery." Not weary.That means tired.

What can one email hurt? If she asks or your credit card, then you can be weary. And block her.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2010 3:14:43 PM
I keep a separate email address I give out whenever I think there might be some sort of scam pot ential so I won't have to deal with blocking someone from my regular email. The message you got doesn't sound like any of the standard scam messages I've seen, but you never know until you try.

Just slip her a short message to touch base and see what happens. But if she mentions any connection to ghana, bail quickly!

Dave
 dub08
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2010 4:11:09 AM
Op email her. If its a fake address then it is - no harm done!!
I have 2 emails addresses - one I give out to guys although not as quickly as that!
 rainman12
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2010 2:57:47 PM

An actual real msg or some kind of fake profile? I'm a bit weary about that it could be a fake one but who knows anymore. Haha

Some people don't like to be checking messages from a dating site at work, but a personal email account is more acceptable. Don't overthink things - you emailed her now wait to see what happens. Worst case scenario you get a bit more spam in your inbox. Such is life.
 SassySky
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2010 3:01:30 PM

I keep a separate email address

I strongly suggest this to people all the time. I have kept a throwaway email account that I start out with on I would say 99% of the contacts I have made here on the net.

OP she very well may do the same I give that email addy out to lots and lots of people if I am not going to be on POF for a while. That way people that I chat with know how to get a hold of me.

Good luck
 suburbs128
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/28/2010 8:40:59 PM
Email her at her private email account. It may be easier or more convenient for her to check her email there.
 =jinx=
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/28/2010 10:25:06 PM
If it's a pay site, she could be on a free trial run that is about to run out, or she's about to not renew.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/29/2010 3:13:12 AM
I give out my email all the time...its not dangerous to do so...so why not? Its a double stand alone account with no link to things like facebook etc...once I determine he is a wanker, I just delete them off that account and move on.
 playmaker24
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/30/2010 7:16:07 PM
well it was actually a fake hotmail account...profile looks legit. She asked me about to be "checked out" on sex offenders site?!?! Oh well, let's move on
 Lori*Mac
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:27:28 PM
sorry didn't understand your last post...but I will say that analyzing everything and being too jaded isn't fair to the next girl...some of us are authentic and just want to cut to the chase.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Response Message, she give her e-mail