Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > importing SIM card contacts from iPhone to Blackberry      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 artist_48
Msg: 1
importing SIM card contacts from iPhone to BlackberryPage 1 of 1    
Is this possible, and, if so , please instruct me how to do this- I tried and the message reads no SIM contacts, which is untrue. Thank you! BTW, when I placed the SIM card from the IPhone to the Blackberry- all else works just fine.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 2
importing SIM card contacts from iPhone to Blackberry
Posted: 4/29/2010 4:44:57 PM

Is this possible, and, if so , please instruct me how to do this- I tried and the message reads no SIM contacts, which is untrue. Thank you! BTW, when I placed the SIM card from the IPhone to the Blackberry- all else works just fine.

Honestly I have no idea but I took your subject and entered into Google and got this:

Results 1 - 10 of about 203,000 for importing SIM card contacts from iPhone to Blackberry. (0.40 seconds)

How to transfer your contacts from your old SIM card to your new iPhone 3G
http://www.ehow.com/how_4542678_sim-card-new-iphone-g.html
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 7:03:27 PM
I think she wanted the opposite. She wants them OUT of the iphone and into the blackberry but that link may still lend light on the subject for her.

I would think taking the phone to the phone service provider would be the easiest way to go.

Cowboy
 artist_48
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:29:58 PM
Yes, importing from IPhone to Blackberry- and , yes, the link will help- thank you.

Called the cell provider today for the iPhone and the nearest store they have to service

my phone is 3 hours away- I'm working in a remote site this week, so I will give the

above link a whirl. Thanks again.
 artist_48
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:40:07 PM
ok- here's what happens- i followed the directions on wiki- and when i select

"Import SIM card contacts"- the message I get reads, " your SIM card does not contain any contacts"

how can I check whaat is on the SIM card/ determine if it is still 'good'?

I removed it from an iPhone and installed it in a blackberry

prior to removing it from the iphone- it had several contacts and loads of data on it

like pics etc

thank you
 rex-pilot
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 9:14:35 PM
it would seem that your problem is that the contacts are not stored on the sim for the iphone so you cannot just change the sim to the blackberry and expect them to be there.

try this instead...

You need to open Itunes, go to setup sync, choose to sync the contacts with outlook, after this you have the contacts in outlook, you can sync the contacts in outlook with your device using Desktop Manager.

any program on a pc or mac that can sync contacts with iphone and blackberry will work in this manner.

-chip
 artist_48
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/30/2010 3:42:22 AM
rex-pilot- thank you for this info. very much! I will try it later today- may I please message you to ask some questions regarding this tonght? thank you!
 rex-pilot
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 8:35:17 AM
absolutely, always willing to help if i can...

-chip
 Cheburashka
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 6:08:22 PM
Outlook is probably best way, Its the way I do it, but you can also copy to contacts to the SIM, but it depends if they are stored in a compatable manner on the iPhone...

The answer is probably not, I dont know of any modern phones that do store contact details in a way that allows you to store reasonable contact details on the SIM (A short comming of SIM technology)
 artist_48
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/30/2010 7:52:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm not well versed in tech- anything, so I will need step- by step directions. I tried to pull it up on google and apply it and it's not working - giving me the above message.
Chip- I sent you a message- thanks.
 DarkCrimson
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/1/2010 8:35:21 PM
Do you have an option in your phone that says "copy contacts to SIM"?
 artist_48
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/1/2010 10:37:42 PM
Dark Crimson- yes, but when I do this I get the above message, "your sim card doesn't contain any contacts"

yet it does, because they were there before I removed the Sim from the iPhone and placed them in the BBerry....they don't interface (?)

thank you
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/1/2010 10:50:21 PM
I just asked a soilder on Ft. Bragg and he said the memory is saved to the SD card and not the SIM card so thats its not working. He also said the Blackberry cannot read the SIM card from an I Phone because its a MAC. What do I know? I get these kids to do all that kind of stuff for me.
 artist_48
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/2/2010 8:14:46 AM
Thanks, mar{lets}go. This is what rex-pilot, above, has been explaining to me, and he's walking me thru the steps to unload things from the iPhone to my laptop on iTunes and then somehow loading things to my blackberry. Poor guy- he's going to need a world of patience. :)
Please tell your friend at Ft. Bragg thank you!

BTW, I really like the iPhone but they are very proprietary, of course, and things like this are a pain in the ***.
 Faux Pa
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/2/2010 8:18:03 AM

"Import SIM card contacts"- the message I get reads, " your SIM card does not contain any contacts"

That message is likely correct.
The "Import SIM card contacts" function on the iPhone is to permit the importing of contacts from an older 2G phone where the contacts may well have been stored on the SIM.
As I understand it, neither the iPhone nor Blackberry store contacts on the SIM, but in the phones memory.

Both the iPhone or Blackberry maintain their contacts by syncing with an address book on your PC / Mac either via iTunes or maybe Desktop Manager.

Do you use iTunes to sync the iPhone?
If not, what do you use?
What address book does it sync with? . . . Outlook?

As rex-pilot says, the Blackberry will sync in a similar manner by using Desktop Manager or some such.
In short, all you have to do is sync the Blackberry with the same address book the IPhone is syncing with.

EDIT: Looks like you're on the road with this . . cool.
 artist_48
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/2/2010 9:05:16 AM
Faux Pa- thank you, and, of course, I stated in incorrectly above. I am going thru Itunes to backup the data on the iPhone and then I am going to learn how to take that data (contacts) and load it to the Blackberry.

Not sure at this point if I will be using iTunes or Outlook to sync the phone. This is all new to me and it's a one-step-at-a-time thing for me- a good growth opportunity :)
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2010 10:52:41 AM
Your best shot here is to use Outlook for your contacts probably to sync to. I would be surprised if a blackberry is going to sync contacts with I tunes or import from them. It might but....

If you can get the stuff into outlook from the iphone your pretty much assured you can get it into the blackberry.

Focus on that if you can.

Cowboy
 rex-pilot
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2010 6:21:31 PM
I am going thru Itunes to backup the data on the iPhone and then I am going to learn how to take that data (contacts) and load it to the Blackberry.

just had ya back it up through itunes, cause you have never used itunes before and never backed it up. wanted to do this first... protocol, yanno.. now if something really bad happens or if you take it to get fixed and they wipe it out, you got a backup that can be restored through itunes...

next we will be syncing contacts with other software program in windows so they can be copied to blackberry.......baby steps.

you are doing good so far, hang in there.

-chip
 artist_48
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/2/2010 8:30:11 PM
lol, Chip- First I need to understand this stuff and the terminology before I can get the protocol down....
Thanks so much for walking me thru it. BTW, a huge kudos on realizing/ thinking of the visual platform you laid out so well with the screen images. You're a very thoughtful guy.
I got it synced and I owe you a huge thank you for all of your help. I don't have the little tool to get the SIM card back in, but I will have that resolved tomorrow. For now, I have all of my contacts in use on the Blackberry and will get them back on the iPhone soon. It's great to know this stuff.
Thanks for the encouragement and the help.
Huggs
 whowhatme
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2010 8:00:02 AM
Try using bluetooth.
That's how I transferred my phone contacts
 artist_48
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:33:41 PM
whowhatme- thank you- i will tackle that project soon- i've never used bluetooth....

UPDATE: Woohoo! Problem resolved thanks to all of you and a special thank you to

REX-PILOT for his persistent patience and great instruction and for understanding that some women are visual creatures too :)
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > importing SIM card contacts from iPhone to Blackberry