Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 1
view profile
History
If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I think I'd choose Canada and Tonga. Canada because I love it here and it's my home. Tonga because there are 176 islands to explore, sweet people, simple lifestyle and so beautiful . A matriarch society, yummy fruit, grass huts, dancing, wildlife and wild weather. I don't need much and they don't seem to either. I also like that they want to keep it simple. Maybe one day...
 StatlerandWaldorf
Msg: 2
If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?
Posted: 5/4/2010 1:55:55 PM
Wherever it is, I will be satisfied!
 BBQ Spider
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:10:33 PM
I am too new-fashioned to be in a duel.
 georgie34
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:13:31 PM
England and Australia.
Always wanted to go to Australia.
 susan_cd
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:20:19 PM
I better sharpen up my swords if I want that.

Or did you mean "dual" citizenship?
 DameWrite
Msg: 6
view profile
History
If you could get dual citizenship...where and why?
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:41:28 PM
lol. dual. I'm batting 1000 today!
 susan_cd
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:49:17 PM
No problem, glad you have a sense of humour. :)
 joanie23
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 5:23:42 PM
Canada and Us. and since my Dad was born in Engand I would also like to have British citizenship.
 candid_1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 5:59:02 PM
Canada & US... at least I'd speak the language. Whoever drew the map in the first place phucked up... it should have gone North to South instead of East to West... that way we'd get either Florida or California - hot & sunny either way!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 6:18:28 PM
There's some tiny little island nation that has a fortune in bat guano - every citizen receives a six figure income. So that one. Or one of the first nations here that are getting a couple of million per person in land claims settlements.
 Got Trance
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 6:23:08 PM
I am a citizen of Germany and the Great U.S.A.
 Bipolarintense
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:23:57 PM
Omicron Persei 8 and Rigel VII. Their governments can't be any worse than those on Earth.
 ~ยง~
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/4/2010 8:19:03 PM

I seriously doubt Id ever want it... so dreaming about it is a moot point to me I suppose as it would only ever be out of necessity that Id pursue it.

Being Australian means...
I can effectively come and go anywhere I want, anytime I want... and if I want...
And I can always come home anytime I want too.
Thats all I really need.

So I dont want... need... or dream about anywhere else... because whats more important to me is...
... give me a reason to leave.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 9:59:28 PM
Probably Canada and the Netherlands.

I'm really a fanboy about the Dutch, and every Dutchie I've ever come across up to now has been quite remarkable. The appreciation of nature there, their legendary tolerance, the food, the way the past has been preserved so well in so many places ?

Every person I have ever met that's travelled there has fallen in love with the place and it's people - and have been very well treated.

I come from Quebec City, which celebrated it's 400th anniversary in 2008.

That's like a teenager, compared to some structures/places in Holland.

The history?

It's like being able to walk with ghosts, almost like having a time machine. I once showed my best friend some footage I discovered of some B-17's at about 300 feet dropping food over her city there.

In about five seconds or less, she knew exactly the area of town that was shown, because it looked almost identical to today. It was five minutes from her house.

The sound of the language itself, from someone that has taken German courses and found it sounding rough, whereas Dutch sounds so much more melodic to my ear ?

This all might change once I visit there, or maybe I may even be more enthralled.
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 10:48:28 PM
I've never been anywhere except a few stated in the USA and Vancouver in Canada and Tijuana. I haven't a clue, Canada was beautiful but I'm tried of cold weather. Maybe the USA and Ireland....or an island where it's warm but not humid and has no sharks and no snakes.....you know, Fantasy Island!
 frankster_p
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/5/2010 7:31:49 AM
Already a dual citizen here of Australia and Italia.
Which gives me 2 countries to cheer in the world cup.
But are just a bit too far away from each other, long travel time.

cheers
F.P.
 xxxDINOxxx
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/5/2010 7:44:27 AM
I have it. America (by birth), and Italy (father is from there originally). It helps when you go to Europe because you can travel between EU countries as a European citizen. Also if you wanted to move you could live and work permanently, get benefits, etc.
 susan_cd
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/5/2010 7:19:46 PM

Omicron Persei 8 and Rigel VII

What, are you nuts??? They can't make a decent pepperoni & mushroom pizza on Omicron Persei 8 !!

... of course their glazed phunksqualls are to die for !!!
 Tah,
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/5/2010 10:02:43 PM
Ive got it.
Australia and Great Britian.
Opens doors all over this planet those two do!!
The great britian one is good for travelling in Europe
The Australian one in Asia/Pacific...and being australian your liked nearly everywhere you go
If I wished to relocate from my present base the choices are almost endless...........
 ashley1861
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2010 1:21:47 AM
I was born in England and have resided in the USA my entire life... Thou the passport only shows one citizenship status. If I relocated it would be Germany, next. I have my reasons.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/6/2010 5:01:31 AM

Omicron Persei 8 and Rigel VII. Their governments can't be any worse than those on Earth.

The Rigellians are fine. But those Perseids? All I can say is 'don't bend over in front of them,' if you know what I mean!
 want to travel
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2010 7:35:38 AM
i would like to get my hungarian, and austrian pass ports
it much, more simple to travel with them, in the EU
 Ulster born
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:41:43 AM
I am a citizen of the UK and Ireland by birth and acquired Canadian citizenship in 1967.

With an Irish passport, I could work anywhere in the EC.
With a British passport, more options would be available (if I choose to follow them).
With a Canadian passport, I can live and work anywhere in Canada.

But if I had to choose one, I'd choose Canada. It's where I live.
 susan_cd
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/7/2010 12:02:52 PM

The Rigellians are fine. But those Perseids? All I can say is 'don't bend over in front of them,' if you know what I mean!

Hmmm I have another option for my next vacation spot

Now I wonder what star classification that'd be, gotta pack the proper sunblock.
 chocwafrs69
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/7/2010 6:57:37 PM

or an island where it's warm but not humid and has no sharks and no snakes.....you know, Fantasy Island!

Well here in NZ we don't have snakes as they're completely banned and you can even receive a small jail time if you're caught trying to smuggle snake skin/preserved snake like some idiot tried to do years ago. We also don't have a lot of the other dangerous animals that Australia seems to have so that's another good thing right? ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?