Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > leg shaving - what seems to be the best disposable razor for womens l      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iamice
Msg: 1
view profile
History
leg shaving - what seems to be the best disposable razor for womens legs?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i have a question on razors..
what seems to be the best disposable razor for womens legs? 1-2-3 blade?and has any one used the lotion that is suppose to slow hair growth after shaving> do most women use soap or lotion when shaving?
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 2
leg shaving
Posted: 5/15/2010 2:07:24 AM
Op,this topic is redundant and will probably get deleted.
Did you do a Thread Search??

Here.................take a look.............

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9443522.aspx

It would be helpfull if you read this OP's actual question before replying or putting forth a suggestion that does not help.
 iamice
Msg: 3
view profile
History
leg shaving
Posted: 5/15/2010 9:06:58 AM
oh hello-
i went to the site you recommended and no where did i find a brand name or type. this is nothing to do with any sexual preferences. it has to do with brand names and types .
.maybe YOU would care to share your info

thank you
 RushLuv
Msg: 4
leg shaving
Posted: 5/15/2010 9:14:04 AM
Gillette Venus razors are disposable and they work very well. I recommend using the razors with shaving gel.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 5
leg shaving - what seems to be the best disposable razor for womens legs?
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:55:52 PM
I agree with RushLuv... I prefer the Venus razors and Cartridges and I also prefer shaving gel. Skintimate is really good.
 Reaper!
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 2:36:24 PM
I've been suckered into buying expensive, all singing, all dancing razors. The last one was Wilkinson Sword that dispenses some sort of skin conditioning lubricant whilst you shave. It turned out to be too bulky and unweildy to shave around awkward areas like knees and ankles and the dispenser only worked intermittently so I'd get razor burn over some areas. I gave up and started buying cheap disposable razors (the kind where you can't even buy the blades separately, you just throw the whole thing away when it gets blunt) and found them to be comparable, if not superior.

In my personal opinion, it's less the razor and more how and when you shave. Try shaving in the shower when your pores are open and hair is soft. You'll get a closer shave with less irritation. I don't use gels or foam. I just lather up with shower gel and get stuck in.

I've used a lotion (Skin Doctors) and didn't notice any difference. It did make my skin really smooth but any lotion/moisturiser will do that. I still had to shave just as often.

To be honest, I only shave if I'm in a rush. I prefer to epilate. If you haven't already tried that as a hair removal method, you may want to look into it. I don't find it at all painful, just a strange sensation to have multiple hairs plucked out simultaneously.
 candid_1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 6:00:46 PM
I like the Schick Quattro or any man's razor with a minimum of 4 blades (Gillette Mach series)... they actually make ones with 5 blades now. I find you get the best shave with a fresh razor... you can get a couple uses on legs, but always use a fresh one for the bikini otherwise you run the risk of bacteria/ingrowns. Do not borrow razors. Keep it fresh, keep it clean. Stay away from really cheap brands (bic, daisy, etc.) - you'd do better with a machete...

Use a loofah or scrunchy BEFORE shaving to exfoliate. For the shave itself, I use body wash, shampoo or even conditioner - you just need something to act as a lube/buffer. And never run the blade over the same spot more than twice. Shave opposite to the direction of growth. Don't press too hard, let the blade do the work.

Best after shave lotion for women's bikini line - facial astringent/toner or any acne product. I like the ones with witch hazel instead of alcohol. Try not to chafe with clothes immediately following shaving. I don't bother shaving anything if I'm planning on wearing pants/jeans.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/15/2010 8:29:03 PM
Whoops................realized i hadnt helped any,Op,but twas late at night and i had a chardy in hand what can i say?

Go for any of the women-only razors(more gentle)and DO use a good moisturizer afterwards.
Dont forget to paint your nails!
 sosdd
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/15/2010 9:55:55 PM
Venus and old fashioned baby oil here. When you have to shave 6 feet plus of legs, the removal creams get expensive and the baby oil seems to keep my legs smooth etc.
 callmejen
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/16/2010 3:33:14 AM
When I was using disposable, I just bought the Bic ones... the 10 in a pack for 2 dollars. With a good shave gel (Edge foaming gel) I never had any problems. They got real close for 2 blades, although they didnt have the vertical protective wires, so if you aren't careful you can nick the tender spots - ankle and behind the knee for me.
 iamice
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 11:42:16 AM
thank you evryone---

i was never concerned about this before---and now i have great info..this site is great for helping each other out ==with out all the \embarrassingly emotions....thanks again girls
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 1:20:00 PM
I can't speak to women's razors, but I second that the more blades there are, the less there seems to be a chance of slicing yourself, due to the blade being at the wrong angle.
Myself, I've shaved my FACE a lot, and I've come to HATE all disposables. The weight of the handle is almost nothing, so you have to push down on the razor to shave, and when I do that, the chances are I'll burn myself. I like the triple and quad blades with a metal handle, because I don't hurt myself on them. Change the blades often and keep them clean in between, because the snags can come from old hairs tripping over the new ones.
As someone else said, the timing's important too. Right after a hot shower helps. Maybe I have a wimpy face, but I find there are just some days where noting will keep me from cutting myself up, even with fresh blades, the best soap or cream, and the hottest water. On those days, juuust skip it.
 MissNoWhere
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 4:11:04 PM
Personally, I like the Venus razor for my legs. I also use skintastic for sensitive skin with moisterizer. I shave in a bath and then shower afterwards (weird, I know). When I take a bath I put babyoil in the water (keeps skin super soft) and will follow up with cocoa butter afterwards. I have two razors, one for the legs and one for the armpits. They are different kinds as well so there's no confusion in the morning when I'm in the shower.
 KamikazeWarrior
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/16/2010 10:38:11 PM
I never use disposable razors any longer I used to until a young lady suggest I use a better razor. I use Mach 3 just fine. I learned a trick to make the blade nice and sharp after a few uses. It is suppose make your razor last almost 2 years. Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Kxiom83Js&NR=1
 sosdd
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/2/2010 8:29:35 AM
I read in fitness magazine this week to shave after you have been in a warm shower for a couple minutes. This allows your pores to open and you can get a closer shave. They recommended using a shaving cream that says it helps to reduce growth, I don't remember what it was called. They also recommended the Venus razor.
 itisasitis
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/3/2010 6:33:13 PM
I'm supposed to shave my legs?????
 where4
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2010 1:16:23 PM

If you haven't already tried that as a hair removal method, you may want to look into it. I don't find it at all painful, just a strange sensation to have multiple hairs plucked out simultaneously.

I agree, an epilator suits me best. That stubble thing that results from the shaving process doesn't happen. In my case, after years of use, the added bonus has been that hardly any hairs grow on my legs anymore! Yay! Don't know if this is partly due to menopausal hormone changes or what, but I'm very happy not to have to bother much anymore. I actually have been known to use tweezers for the few hairs that continue to grow around my ankles.

As for pits, I use an old-fashioned metal double-edge razor with clean blade and soap while bathing.

I try hard to minimize the junk I'm responsible for in the world's landfills so I try not to use disposables unless I have no other reasonable option at a given time. In the grand scheme of things, shouldn't my man appreciate my concern for the planet more than any few hairs on my body? For public presentation I'll conform to the general expectation of appearance, but my man knows and appreciates that the pits will have soft fur during sweater season. In sleeveless weather I'll expend a couple of razor blades a year, only for days I'm actually going sleeveless. I'm comfortable with my clean body! Any man I've ever been with has been very appreciative of this!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/6/2010 1:47:15 PM
I hate shaving but understand here in the U.S. men just think its gross when I dont.
I get the closest shave with any mans triple blade disposable variety. They seem to last longer too. I like shaving with lotion being I can kill two birds with one stone.
I used to wax on my own for years but found my hair grew in darker, thicker, and I had to wax once a week. Thats a lot of pain for a short time.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/10/2010 12:38:06 PM
I had an odd dream last night of a woman with extremely hairy legs! lol I was kind of shocked! I hope that wasn't you, Margo!

A friend once turned me on to single disposable razors and that's all I use. I found multiple ones just plug up between the blades and the fancy handles just get all gunky!

vvvv Trailer Park Boys! Count Down to Liquor Day!!!
You watch, and like (or do a damn good job pretending) that with me, and I'm in Love! lol
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/10/2010 12:52:03 PM
No, it wasnt me~ Im as slick as a slip and slide on a summers day...
My buddies are over watching movies and made some beef stew. Its OK, but I did get my legs shaved with a new Pulsar. Its a pretty cool razor. The left leg wins, and no nicks! Back to letting these bozo's pick something other that war or western.
 _Icon_
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/11/2010 7:39:08 PM
In the shower, with the cheapest quatro I can find and body wash or shampoo.

Sometimes, in the winter I just wear black tights.
 Verbal Irony
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/11/2010 7:54:07 PM
Ahhh...yeah...and the reason anyone would shave their legs is....please, help me here?
 _Icon_
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/11/2010 7:57:43 PM
So they'll be soft and shiny and satiny smooth.

Yeah it feels nice.
 Verbal Irony
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/12/2010 9:09:33 AM
And a day later you have whiskers.
 arwen52
Msg: 25
view profile
History
leg shaving
Posted: 6/12/2010 5:51:25 PM
Have you gone to the library and looked in Consumer Reports?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > leg shaving - what seems to be the best disposable razor for womens legs?