Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Checking out of the POF Hotel.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Technical Buddha
Msg: 1
Checking out of the POF Hotel. Page 1 of 1    
Well, I first joined this site back in 2005. Since then I've met a few lovely ladies on this site, got engaged to one, had 3 children with her, only to have her marry another man 2 months after the third was born.

I've started my adulthood from square one, at one point owning a car, renting a nice house, having a good job, supporting a family and continuing my college education and then going back to square one again and starting over after losing it all, even our children.

Life has been a roller coaster for me, as have the relationships I've been in. I realized that above all else I desire success, stability, and ability. Without these, it is not an ideal environment to start a relationship.

This site and the forums here have been a great source of advice, stories, comedy, knowledge, and support. For those that are ready to date, have a relationship, and more, this is definitely the best place online to go to.

Unfortunately, I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not ready yet. I likely won't be ready until I'm in my 30s. Considering what I've learned from experiences, reading and listening to the experiences and views of women here and in my life, ditto the men, and considering the fact I already have had 3 children and I wasn't able to keep them with me, I think I've already had my fair shot at marriage and a family. So I don't think I'll want to commit again in my life.

Why is a relationship, a marriage necessary in the first place? What's the logic behind it? In today's society? Companionship? Sex? Love?

"Love 50 people, have 50 woes. Love no one, have no woes." - Buddha

Such things have gone from the "need to have category" to the "would be nice to have, but not necessary" category in my life, much like it would be nice to have a mansion and a Ferrari, but not really needed.

Maybe I'll change my mind in a few years from now or when I'm in my mid 30s or 40s... but I think today, and especially my generation, has lost sight of what love and commitment is all about.

In reflection of all of this, I figure its about time that I close down my profile and leave plenty of fish, as awesome as it is, and commit myself 100% to obtaining that stability, ability, and success that's necessary. Then, and only then, do I think I would have the privilege and luxury of giving love another chance in my life.

Good hunting everyone, and thank you for the 5 wonderful years on this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Checking out of the POF Hotel.