Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > mostly bald.... but with long hair? is this attractive??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 1
mostly bald.... but with long hair? is this attractive??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Never been much of a people watcher myself.. learning this art lately though.. and, one thing I am noticing is men who are mostly bald.. (Kesley Grammer type) but, they let their hair grow quite long.. it's thin.... and I don't really think that this is attractive??

Is this replacing the 'comb over'?? bald thin long hair with a ponytail?? huh?

If you were a man.. would you sport this hair style??
As a woman.. do you find this attractive??

just curious..

U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
mostly bald.... but with long hair? is this attractive??
Posted: 7/8/2010 7:41:14 PM
No I don't.

When a man goes bald the best course of action is to cut his hair about 1/4 inch all around.

Nice and clean.

Otherwise you look silly.
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/8/2010 7:54:18 PM
I have one word for the long whimpy hair below the bald patch and for the SWOOP ( when men take what little hair they have left and SWOOP it up and over their bald patch) and that word is BLUCK ! Much rather have the man keep what hair he does have short and neat or if he looks good with no hair ...take it all off :) Just my own humble opinion though !
 JustAGrlWthACat
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/8/2010 8:01:15 PM
I'm not a fan no.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/9/2010 9:45:27 AM
I guess if you were in Benjamin Franklin's day or if you had some big red shoes it might be a good idea. From my point of view if you have less hair cut it shorter.
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/9/2010 9:56:23 AM
Family tradition, receding hairline, shave it guys! semi short or all together......

Just cause when the wind blows it "may" look like a mohawk standing striaght up, its not cool, mohawks go down the middle not on the side. And you don't look artsy fartsy with a monk dome and long hair, you look like a bald guy trying to look cool, but the geekatude shines through.

Ladies?....am I wrong?
 Walts
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2010 4:15:51 PM
I don't have to worry about it,,,,like Draxx, the family tradition lives on with me and the brothers. By the time I hit the late 30's she was all over with but the crying. Couldn't even think of the combover or anything else that would keep me "hoping" for some magic growth to reapear.

So now,,,,use the buzzer,,,save on poo,,,,,,and actually quite comfortable on days like today,,,,other than she can get a tad warm on the head if ya forget the toque. The shaved look does expose quite of few scares from past experinces though.
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/9/2010 5:01:09 PM
nice on days like this though....pour cold water over your head tamp dry in seconds and away you go.....
 Ed Bear
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2010 3:00:46 AM
My hair's long because I've always been a longhair and I want to let my Freak Flag fly. Hairdressers are always saying you get more attention when you've been recently cut. I started keeping track and, sure enough, I DID get more attention from women right after a cut. BUT it was always the REALLY WRONG sort of women.

I really don't like the cleanhead look. It seems very conservative... stodgy... and, damn it, OLD!

So now I'm getting thin. I don't comb it over, I don't ponytail it (except for sweaty work, swimming or when riding the bike) and I just keep it clean and silky.

Not everybody likes it, but the best ones tend to! (Photos on my profile, including one with it tied back for reference.) It's a great gold-digger repellent, too.

Seriously, does anyone really think "doll hair" plugs or wigs are more attractive?
ED BEAR
=/smilies/: smiley on motorcycle with long hair streaming back:
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/12/2010 9:25:28 AM
^^^^ if you 'feel' it's working for you then great.

no one is 'picking on you' ..

the question was do people find this attractive? personally I don't...

gold digger repellent? interesting... lmao

what exactly is 'doll hair?'
anyone know this????
 *Rock*
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/12/2010 8:43:44 PM

what exactly is 'doll hair?'

I don't have a clue what that is, and i'm sure we will find out, but when i read that i was thinking maybe that ken doll (from barbie and ken saga) had to reshave his bod and someone used it for other purposes..just a thought..silly, but nonetheless thought...

I have a "mosquito airport landing" area on my head, and couldn't care a less about it, i know i don't like that combover trick that some stylists attempt on me when i need a cut, it just isn't right in my books, but, whatever floats a person's boat, then have at it..
 pantherrrrrific
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2010 8:48:22 PM
SKULLETS?????????!!!

Oh BARF!!!

that is the worst look ....I'd take clean dreads over that......... ok maybe not hahaha
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/12/2010 9:21:11 PM
Ah YES! I do remember the day I looked in the mirror and saw, I saw, I saw, what? The dreaded comb over
....shaved my head that day and let it do whatever it liked....

Then I had to re-learn to do whatever I liked

Sometimes it gets a little long, sometimes it gets a little short, sometimes it gets shaved....

Just like my beard, hair today, bald tomorrow
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/12/2010 9:47:11 PM
As far as attractiveness I think people are attracted to all kinds so I'm sure there are people who find it attractive or look beyond it to the person underneath and don't care about that sort of thing.

I did meet one fellow who was balding and had a long ponytail and it suited him just fine. He was an older hippy type and I couldn't imagine him just shaved bald or with it short. I thought he was attractive.

Some people don't look good with streaks or curls. Some people don't look good with bleach blond hair, some people don't look good with dark hair and some people don't look good with short hair. Some people don't look good with white/grey hair and others look awesome with that look. Some people don't look good with mustaches/beards but some people do.

I think every kind of style could suit someone out there but it has to be the right fit on the person. One syle might suit one person but not suit another person. One has to find what suits them and what they are comfortable with wearing whether it is hair or style of clothing, male or female.

I think if someone is comfortable with a look then I see nothing wrong with it no matter what the look. If you feel good about yourself and confident you are more attractive then someone who is sporting a perfect hairstyle but is insecure inside or is not a nice person.

I didn't think ed bear was saying anyone was picking on him personally. I think he was just responding to the thread.

I think doll hair plugs means just that - hair plugs that some bald people get surgically put into their bald heads and they look just like the hair plugs put on a doll's head.
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/12/2010 10:07:09 PM
ewe... Skullets!!!

omg.. I googled that.. tons of images came up...... I can't believe that people intentionally do that to their heads!! what are they thinking.. holy..

maybe momma was a 'sippin and a smokin' while the babe was in the womb??? something is definitely wrong .....that is for sure!!!

hope those images don't slip into my dreams tonight.. yuck!!!
 Ed Bear
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2010 12:13:08 AM
Nope, don't worry - I don't feel picked on.

Mon Cherie had it right about Doll Hair - the plugs that, unless combed carefully, show roots resembling those on a Barbie doll's perforated plastic hair.

And, yes, I like my hair better than the look of baldness, or comb-overs, or - gag me with a spoon - "skullets." As with most of those photos Google pops up, it reminds me of prison and gang looks. Not my style, folks.
ED BEAR
 pantherrrrrific
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 7:50:38 PM
ok I googled the pics of Skullets too and um sorry but "gag me with a spoon" as you put it Bear hon your hair IS THE SAME!!!
Just saying........
anyhow people should do whatever THEY like ...only they have to live with the consequences.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/19/2011 9:08:24 PM
it's the kim mitchell style. no, not purdy at all! and neither am I for referencing kim mitchell
 CharminC
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:35:12 AM
Aside from Kim Mitchell himself... he is the only one that can pull off that style IMHO
But... if he can, then I'm sure men around this great big world of ours can too. Isn't that what 'being unique' is all about?
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/20/2011 10:33:38 AM
Um.............. No.
 Wings_of_a_raven
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:25:21 PM
skullets are a definite NO, rather see the ole cue ball.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 9:34:09 PM
Shakespeare also was able to pull it off.
 GONEGREY
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/22/2011 2:05:41 PM
I do not have any spots which sport no hair ,some year ago I started with a short cut and still have it.Very easy to take care of,like spit in the air and run away hurray all done.Comb overs became the rage when we had Prime minister named Trudeau in the late 60 early 70 .
 enlightenedcaveman
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:03:59 PM
Gag me with a spoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shave it, it doesn't hurt... some guys just can't let go...
 Glenoran1
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/25/2011 5:25:47 PM
^^^^
Completely off-topic, but I had to tell you, that is one of the most delightful usernames I've come across, EC.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > mostly bald.... but with long hair? is this attractive??