Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I contact the Admin?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southeastromeo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do I contact the Admin?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have a problem adding pics to my profile. So I followed the site's instructions and posted a question in the forums. My thread was closed with the message that only the admin can help me. That wasn't helpful as I don't know how to contact the admin to help me.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do I contact the Admin?
Posted: 7/17/2010 8:25:18 AM
You might want to read through the posted rules and picture requirements first before contacting Admin. And before contacting Admin you might want to remove the picture of your driver's licence, as posting of any private/personal contact information is NOT permitted.

CuteCatherine
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 1:26:15 PM
Help. I keep getting messages from Plenty of Fish. They say guys are interested but when I message them they don't reply. Why is this happening?
 EmFish
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2010 10:48:20 AM
I would like to contact admin. Some one claiming to work for pof sent me a rude message and when I objected said he works for pof and is going to kick me off the site. I don't think I behaved badly or deserve to be kicked off. In fact I would like to complain about this person. I think he really does work for pof because I can't block him.
 dj charlie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2010 11:53:26 PM
i have twice put a thread on for the new bradford meet and twice it has been took off can you explain why as i have meets for over a year now without any problems

dj charlie

The EVENT MODERATOR controls anything and everything to do with events. Direct your question to her.

I know nothing of the events but I notice you are a DJ correct? Are the events possibly held at a venue you are associated with in ANY way or form? And I mean ANY WAY! Work there at times presently or in the past perhaps? Just a thought... Again address this question to the Event Moderator please.
 dj charlie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 11:32:21 PM
yes i have read the rules and been hosting partys for over a year now and as for the new event it is free of charge and free from financial gain as you put it as in truth i lose money everytime i hold a meet but thats not the point the point was why after all this time does the meet get taken off as at the bottom of my page states that anything you post cannot be deleted

dj charlie

What was and What is are two totally different matters - flying under the radar does not necessarily mean you will always fly under it given one Event Moderator and the copious amount of events - I don't have the answer to your question. From the rules it would seem obvious given your profession and what you're doing - simple as that.

Contact the appropriate party as mentioned in my prior post. Posting here will not bring to light any whys. If I were trully losing money all the time, I'd rethink things over.

If you're an event host, then I would be posting in the Event Host's forum - that's what it's there for.

Regrets I can't help further.

Anonynom
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2011 1:16:57 PM
There's this guy on here, JT12000 who is using my image. I only created this profile to confront him. He has messaged a few girls who happen to be my real life friends. They've either called or txted me saying, "I see you found me on pof". Needless to say this is becoming highly annoying and it has caused major issues between me and my girlfriend. Would appreciate it greatly if this account was removed. I'm not 6'2", not a Leo, not catholic, not anything he claims me to be. But he's using my picture claiming that it's him and it's highly frustrating for me because it's affected my personal life. Have not found a way to report this profile other than contacting you. It's you guys' responsibility to have some kind of system in place to help prevent this from happening. Please remove his profile.
 sbpf
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 6:08:18 AM
My friend, signed up two weeks ago, is getting mail to her hotmail address but when she tries to login to plentyoffish, it says "Account suspended for inactivity." When she puts in her email it says "Not listed on our database". Yet she's still getting daily emails from you saying blokes have contacted her / favourited her.

Any suggestions what to do? All v confusing....
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 7:37:33 AM
try contacting customer support

csr@pof.com

Cowboy
 NeecyR
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:56:23 AM
I've sent 2 "report user" messages to POF and then emailed using the csr@pof.com you have listed this morning and this user still has my username referenced in his profile (I've asked 3 times this morning to have him remove it).

Does it usually take a while for POF admin to respond to these reports? The context this guy is referring to me in his profile is really vulgar. Any suggestions?
 Drew01
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:25:47 AM
I am trying to contact CSR... I live in Germany but only speak English. Everytime I open POF.com it changes to POF.de which is all in German. Not being able to read or speak German as you can see is a problem. How do I resolve this. It is happening on my phone as well as computer. It's very annoying!!!
Please help!!!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:57:32 AM
^^^ check the default language on your browser first. That used to be what they keyed off of. If its IP address you may need to devise a way to use an English IP. I am betting that isnt the problem though

Cowboy
 _Mick_1972
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 1:12:22 PM
How do I delete my account..please do not point me to the help,delete acct page..I fill it in correctly and still nothing happens!! I'm getting irate cos this site cant and wont let you leave..I'll just continue telling all who I know to steer clear of this rubbish site..get it sorted your having a negative impact on my life!!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:54:50 PM

How do I delete my account..please do not point me to the help,delete acct page..I fill it in correctly and still nothing happens!! I'm getting irate cos this site cant and wont let you leave..I'll just continue telling all who I know to steer clear of this rubbish site..get it sorted your having a negative impact on my life!!

If you cant figure out how to delete it yourself you have two choices. One is contact customer service at csr@pof.com

The second is easy and take 1 minute. Go edit your profile. Change your user name. Take off the email or make it a bogus one. Delete your pics. Change all the height, weight etc... Change the text to rubbish and save it. See?? Now you are 7 feet tall and weigh 300 lbs. You live in Alaska and hunt moose as a hobby. For a first date you want to eat a team of dog sled dogs.

I doubt anyone will recognize you. I cant believe so many get so freaked out over something so easy to fix on their own.

Glad I could help

Cowboy
 lightstar1
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:02:45 AM
^^^^ Might be that you shouted at them? I've posted to Admin a couple of times over the last six years, and had a couple of quite quick replies...just sayin'

Blah_User_Name
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:03:54 AM
@ ralphfunky40 - POF gets a whole heap of e-mails mainly about a whole heap of rubbish. IF your issue is something to which the answers are readily available |(as this is mainly a self-help site), that might be why you aren't getting an answer. They will focus on the ones which they actually need to action rather then the 1000's of time wasting ones. Sadly, if you really are having an issue which only they can resolve, then you have to wait whilst they read through the pile of idiots asking stupid questions.

If you consider the unhelpful thread titles people use, I imagine many also give their e-mails an equally unhelpful subject header. That will require most messages needing to be opened and read before it can be determined that someone is whining about their penis shot being deleted (or an equally ridiculous reason for contact). It will equate to a whole heap of nonsense to wade through considering the size of the user base.
 InsatiableTramp
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:18:59 AM
i feel you on this one babe. my stalker stole my picture and put up a whole nasty profile about me. i reported it and explained and they actually took it down and he got ALL PISSED off that i reported him!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:24:54 AM
^^ The reporting is anonymous so at best, they can only guess who was behind it.
 Broadway_Bess
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2012 8:02:01 AM
So when you are on your Edit Profile page, do you see this?

To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches.

the link comes through the 'click here' that I have highlighted in bold. It isn't bold on the actual page.
The way they have it set up is rather hidden, so some people miss it entirely.

That's the way I can do it.

If you don't have too much invested in this particular profile, you could try deleting it and then starting up a new one right after. Chance sare the name will still be available, but you will lose all your current contacts/messages.
If you go that route, don't forget to save all your info to transfer to your new one.

BB
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/11/2012 9:25:41 AM

import_from_uk
No i do not send or wish to send timewasting e-mails......The issue i have is the same as 100's of other people on here ..WE cannot unhide our profiles therfore are not visible to others..The link has been removed from the profiles this means we are invisible to other members unless we msge them first..This has been going on for many months and csr@pof have not answered or bothered to answer or try to resolve this issue...Self help DOES NOT help ..I have even tried to start another thread to resolve the problem but pof remove it as soon as anyone posts a new thread concerning this problem ..They have no intention of solving this and i feel sorry for the paying members as they are in the same boat and its been going on for a very long long time

The most likely reason they haven't answered, is because at this time they don't have an answer to provide. As you are aware, there is a known fault with the ability for some users being able to hide and un-hide their profile. This has been acknowledged and there is a thread here which consolidates all of the comments.

The problem with faults which affect only some users, is that it is harder to identify the cause, then those faults which affect all. Those working to fix it first have to know how to re-create the exact circumstances that result in this issue.

It might be the combination of a system wide change and a user who has hidden their profile in the past. It might be the combination of a system wide change and all users whose home town begins with certain letters of the alphabet. It might be the combination of a system wide change and all the users who have exchanged messages with exactly 32 other users. The circumstance which result in this fault might be very obscure. The potential variables which create the circumstances of this fault are massive - and therefore, it will take time to find. If the cause of this problem was simple and obvious, it would have already been fixed.

I understand for those who are experiencing this, it must be very frustrating if they are hidden and don't want to be. I also understand that providing a link which users could use to temporarily fix the problem would cause any diagnostics POF staff are running to result in accurate results, effectively wasting the resource time of trying to figure it out, which is most likely why the link was removed from the forum threads. Until the cause of the problem can be found - it's rather futile to try and fix it.

What I will say is constantly messaging POF for updates redirects their resources to opening mail rather then focusing on the functionality (or even dealing with other e-mail issues which they can actually resolve). If for example you and every other user who is having this problem has messaged 4 times, that's a massive amount of e-mail. If you all are expecting a reply stating that at the moment, no resolution has been found, that's would further waste the customer support resources.

They know it's a problem. They have acknowledged it's a problem. They have stated they don't have the answer. They have said once they do, it will be fixed. I'm not sure what additional information you are hoping they can provide you with.

If your immediate response is your want to know "How long will it take before it's fixed ?" - then the obvious reply is they don't yet know. Offering a suggested time frame is worthless if they don't yet know the cause.

I appreciate you might not like the content of my post but I am sure you can see the logic of the statements.

EDIT - Seems *cowboy* and I were answering at the same time so sorry for any overlap in our answers.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2012 2:16:30 PM
Don't make me get the water bottle out and spray you 2.
 BoredMidwestGuy
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/11/2012 9:22:56 PM
But seriously, as a member of this site for a number of years, the lack of a response for months simply is BS. If they can tweak the site and its features without notice, surely they could just add another link in another area. I've even heard of members who had enough, created a new profile and had the problem happen again a few days later.

They could easily create anther hyperlink or even a "feature" that would allow a user to click a link daily to unhide there profile. I know some users who are doing that since their profiles are auto hidden on a nightly basis by the system.

OR, take all of the hidden profiles and not let them receive emails and allow all of the availbles ones to receive them. I understand sometimes users hide their profiles, search on their ouw and send out new emails as they choose, to but remove a link and leave active members purpousely hidden without any recourse is counterproductive to what this site is about. I literally was one of the first users to discuss the problem but yet to date have not received ANY response to any of the emails that I sent. I stopped bothering to waste my time 4-6 weeks ago.

What is the real intent here? To just drive off membership and treat them as low lifes as shown in public statements?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2012 10:29:05 PM
Food for thought.

They obviously asked that the link be pulled for a reason.
I suspect it is because having people click the link on a daily basis is/was making it hard to pinpoint the problem.

That being said, is it possible that people like the user you are referring to are extending the length of time it is taking to fix the problem because people are still clicking on this link instead of being patient and allowing pof to resolve the issue.

Either way, insulting admin and making accusations implying they think members are lowlifes is inappropriate and as a result I'm closing this thread. The forums are not here for people to protest.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I contact the Admin?