Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Transvestites and transgendered advertising on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TotusTuus
Msg: 1
Transvestites and transgendered advertising on POF?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
After viewing a good number of profiles and images, I suspect that I've found at least a couple of either transvestite or transgendered individuals advertising in the personals. An adams apple, and heavy makeup over a 5 o-clock shadow are good indications of "authenticity" of a man posing as a woman.
What is POF's policy to this regard, and should suspected individuals be reported?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Transvestites and transgendered advertising on POF?
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:29:32 AM
I have never seen anything that specifically forbids this. It is a gray area just like the bi and gay, couples. swingers etc... Unless you wanted to lump them all under a "not fit to date" criteria.

CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:45:17 AM
Why would they be reported, and for what "offense?"
 browneyesboo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:49:18 AM

Why would they be reported, and for what "offense?"

What she said
 TotusTuus
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2010 8:30:33 AM
Thanks for the input. I feel it would be nice to be able to filter people who are transvestites or transgendered when searching through the personals (similar to age, height, location, etc.). This presumes that those who register with POF will be honest about their gender identity ... past and present. Perhaps there are those who seek relationships with this category of individual, however I do not (call me old fashioned ). Would POF consider adding an "alternative" gender selection / search filter?
 TotusTuus
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/27/2010 8:33:51 AM
"Offense" would only be a TOS violation. Since one of the moderators has chimed in to clarify the rules, there would be no offense.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 10:11:47 AM
Just consider it a way to keep yourself on your toes while internet dating.
 ~rain~
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 12:36:09 PM
damn!!

I didnt think anyone would notice!!

Transvestites and Transgenders are people too, and they need love just like everyone else!!
 tranny_jane
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:36:08 AM

Transvestites and Transgenders are people too, and they need love just like everyone else!!
true xx
 DuoMaxwell_Rx
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:36:17 AM
Of course they do, just not from someone who would begin dating them under the guise that their current sex is the one they were born with.
 NakedSn4k3
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:00:04 AM
I have no issues with TV's or TS's but when you ask in all HONESTY and genuinely, why your a TS/TV etc and all you get back are snarky arrogant messages then you kinda aint helping your image much, especially when someone is curious because they dont know any outside of POF
 fredforties
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:19:15 AM
like asking why are you wearing specs. why do transgender have to suffer being made to answer questions that are better put in an advice forum?

helping the image - they are all just people and they are all individuals - just as you are - so put them in a box at your peril.

you obviously have the internet - so if you want to find out stuff, ask mr google.
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:11:23 AM
My only objection is when they advertise themselves as female without letting you know. I think that I have a right to know what sex I am dating.
 Schr√∂dingers_Dog
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:24:03 AM
"My only objection is when they advertise themselves as female without letting you know. I think that I have a right to know what sex I am dating."

Gotta agree with that. There is a local woman whose profile clearly states that she has Hep-C. Gods bless her for her honesty. Anybody with a issue/condition/status/etc that may not be obvious on plain sight should have the balls (pun intended) to let people know well in advance.
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:31:13 AM
There is a "woman" in my area on PoF who is a friend of a friend who is vocal in person that all people have to know about her is that she is female. She is on PoF as a female and is a pre-op TS.
I haven't said anything, because I really don't know what to say.
 fredforties
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:34:26 AM
[My only objection is when they advertise themselves as female without letting you know. I think that I have a right to know what sex I am dating.]

have any come on to you saying they are female... or are you pre-supposing they will not reveal their 'secret'? you give an example and i'm not suggesting there aren't some who may well try to deceive, but i'm sure we don't want to castigate all of 'them' for the actions of a few...
 Tri-Us
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:43:33 AM
I personally have nothing wrong with anyone with their sexual preference.

BUT if you are on a dating site.....sorry but yeah it would be at least fair to know that If I look at a woman, it is a 100 percent woman.

As long you got the monkey tail.....you are a man.

It is basically misleading someone. It is the same thing by putting up a picture of someone else and turn out it is not the person when you meet them.

Just be honest the site and say it out in front that you are woman trap inside a man body.

At least this way up to the member to contact you or not.
 fredforties
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:47:11 AM
what a nice way to put it - i'm sure they will be thrilled by your choice of words.

personally, in a world of grown-ups, i would rather leave it to 'them' to decide what they say and when. I am not in favour of deception and there will come a point when the news has to be broken..... many, me included, would recommend that news is broken in the profile...

monkey tail...??
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:57:18 AM
The person I mentioned in my last post went out with another friend of mine who they met off PoF and never told them. But did indicate that they would welcome a chance to go away for the weekend.

He found out through mutual friends about the sex and the "monkey tail". (I kinda like that, lol) It is lucky as the possibility of things turning violent if discovered during a passionate moment. Not that I advocate that.

A persons sexual orientation is what they say it is. But that doesn't mean because I accept their choice that I would want to share or be intimately involved with it.
 Tri-Us
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:57:48 AM
Well Fred, not everyone like to wait to be told after investing their time with someone to be told after several chats that "by the way I am a man."

I would prefer to get the news right now then at some point. Which I am sure a lot of members would agree with me on this one.

And by that, that is the world of reality of grown ups. No one like deceptions. Just be honest upfront with something like that.

Cheers!

ps: Monkey Tail it is a word I am using to be polite and being funny same time. If you dont know what that is, I wont explain it to you. sorry!
 fredforties
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:35:37 AM
monkey tail doesn't apply to post op ts of course. you knew that.

i do not disagree with deception, but it is nt quite as straight forward as you would like.
 gtg1984
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:36:00 AM
dont really have a problem with it, but only if they actually state theyre trannys

eg: you get some men/women saying on their profile 'im just a normal girl, i love shopping going out with my girls, make up' etc....

erm its pretty obvious youre a bloke mate, your adams apple is the size of a grapefruit
 terrybear
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:54:59 AM
POF should make a identity pointer of transgendered male (female to male) or female (male to female) under sex.

I also agree that ALL users should be making profiles that are honest about any underlying conditions physicaly &/or mentaly (my profile does so) that maybe a problem/issue to certain users.

Only problem with that is as reported by a local new story about the pitfalls of online dating/finding a mate on Global news out of toronto, ontario canda POF is pointed out at 1 of the worst sites for dishonesty in there profiles in some way shape or form of 56%+ of all POF profiles having some form of dishonesty in them of whom they are, older pics & ect.

As it is, with the advances in medical, genetics & our own evolution ...... genders getting blurred & well there are alot of our own same gender whom may get bias'ed against as being gay or transexual cause they maybe have some simular atributes of the opposite sex.

More so .... if your looking for company sexualy &/or otherwise .... does it REALY matter if they have a "monkey tail" if they made you feel good/happy/satisfied? It shouldnt, with the amount of peaple whom have "fetishs" & what not ... whom in this world is exactly what most call "normal" nowadays .... hardly anyone.
 lynxdefect
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:17:19 PM
this site should have a specific section for gay/lesbian, tv, ts, but it doesnt, i think it is wrong
 fredforties
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/15/2012 2:07:10 PM
it should also have a section for bigots and rednecks
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Transvestites and transgendered advertising on POF?