Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > is it ok to be a virgin at 23?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acoustic amatuer
Msg: 1
is it ok to be a virgin at 23?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
its been a problem for me for a long time, I am actually aware now that i passed up some chance's to get with some girls, (some that i still kick myself for) ive only really had 1 gf my whole life and i wasnt ready for it, i was 14 at the time...

i went through some personal troubles going through high school with some medical needs, it bugs me nowadays that i dont really know how to talk to women :/ but not to sound like a broken record, i am happy, but it sometimes hits me in the back of my mind, I get frustrated when im out with friends and there boyfriends and girlfriends

so to my question... is it ok to be one at 23, soon to be 24?

thanks
 .dej
Msg: 2
view profile
History
is it ok to be a virgin at 23?
Posted: 7/30/2010 12:16:42 PM
Define "okay".

You okay with it?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 12:50:39 PM
My thoughts exactly.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 2:00:50 PM
Despite what many movies and TV shows might suggest, there's no such thing as a rule about virginity. Never has been (unless you include the historic demands that royalty made, insisting on the new WIFE'S virginity).
You could, of course, get checked carefully by a good friend, to see if you have a "use before xx/xx/xxxx" label somewhere you.
 joanna41
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/30/2010 2:12:57 PM
Of course its ok to be a virgin at 23. But it sounds like you have a problem with it. If your having difficulties chatting to women then its a confidence issue and not a sexual one. Get the self-esteem and confidence sorted and bobs your uncle!
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/30/2010 2:51:33 PM
Sure, its okay, but it doesn't matter you are what you are. Just to get un virginized, you could go out with a girl with experience who will novel at the idea of a male virgin. But you only experience the first time once, so it would be better to find a girl and get something more going, maybe someone more like yourself and experience it together, when the time is right, not just to do it.

As for talking to girls, they are just people with the same apprehensions and all anyone else has, just be yourself, relax, and talk just like you would to anyone. If they don't give you the time of day, right it off as their loss, the ones that do are worth your time.

No point in getting frustrated, you just have some making up to do. Real friends should understand that. Start out with being able to relax and talk to girls...take the plunge. Eventually there will be a connection, and nature will assist you at that point.
 az109
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/30/2010 4:40:40 PM
No, it is not OK. It is totally unacceptable. There will be dire consequences. Find a really good hiding place and don't use your cell phone or credit card.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/30/2010 4:47:32 PM
If you hold off enough to be a 40 year old virgin, they will make a movie out of you!
You are in the right path to infamy and riches!
After they make the movie, you will receive an array of 72 virgins .... no.. wait, that's a different tale.

21stcenturymind
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/30/2010 6:02:36 PM
You are one of the few twenty-three year olds out there that doesn't have to worry about an std test or if you might have gotten that girl preggers- Congrats.

Take your time and find someone worthy of you. Don't be one of those guys that just bed someone to "prove" themselves.
 whytwater
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/30/2010 6:08:56 PM

No, it is not OK. It is totally unacceptable. There will be dire consequences. Find a really good hiding place and don't use your cell phone or credit card.

Took the words right outta my mouth! Lol Except I think he should hide out with some animals, sheep maybe, but stay away from the simians- their viruses mutate.

OP, your fretting about your lack of experience, even starting a thread about it, is not the solution. I knew a young lawyer once who was afraid to do his first trial; the older he got, the more he worried that he couldn't permit anyone to see him fall on his face making the attempt, so he never did the one thing that lawyers are supposed to know how to do. A virgin lawyer. lol
Ya know, while there are some women who will only take on skilled lovers, like union-trained labor only, lol, there are plenty of others out there who run open shops, and are more focused on who they are with far more than how many women a guy has had before. There's even a cheering section for savin' it til marriage. I'm not recommending that discipline, and you don't sound like the kind of guy who stands on principle. College is usually a great all-around learning experience. If you haven't done that yet, give it a whirl, or just take some classes, even at night.
 Eloquentmind
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2010 8:49:19 PM
Nothing wrong with it. Do you think something is wrong with it?

This is what I think. Everyone you know (well most), the stuff you see on TV, and what you hear in music and blah blah blah is sex, and relationships and all that jazz. You become overwhelmed with it all, and it's just clicking you want it, or that you have not experienced this "norm" is making you feel odd, or out of place. Something a long those lines. DO NOT feel this way. All this is heavily skewed..

Now you mention issue talking to others. Just be normal casual like you're talking to anyone. They're human beings, they've had embarrassing moments like you, pain like you, experienced what you've experienced in some form or another. Nothing to be nervous or scared of. This is how I think of it to by pass the "weird" feeling. Look at them as if you're looking/talking to yourself. It helps.

Anyway you're fine dude, and if you are ready and what to take those steps FOR YOU then go ahead and do it, don't do it because you may feel overwhelmed just because society is well...wayward.
 Crisro
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/30/2010 10:05:23 PM
If you're okay with it then it's ok.

Women might have issues with it cause a lot of them seem to consider having sex with a virgin "hand holding" but the more normal ones should have absolutely no problem. Moreso they really should give you a pat on the back for not sleeping around, today's society isn't exactly big on that.
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 11:12:42 PM
It is tough. Do you think about sex and women and P*ssies. You missed a lot.
 GWSmith
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 7:45:52 PM
Nothing wrong with being a virgin at any age. Some might argue its wrong to not be one till a certain age though. Its not going to destroy the world if you are a virgin or anything so don't worry about it.
 ladyblah
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/1/2010 7:52:49 PM
Ofcourse its okay. You're just missing out on potential STDS/unwanted pregnancies/clingy gfs and what not. Think of it that way and don't stress about it. When it's meant to happen it will. Its not a big deal.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 9:55:57 AM
The real question here is

How do I learn how to talk to women and get laid ?

windloverr
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 10:25:45 PM
By definition, nothing is "a problem", until it...well...starts causing problems. A REALLY clean house is not a problem, it's certainly not one I have, LOL; it doesn't become a problem until you don't want people coming to your house because you don't want them "touching" or "moving" things. Once it effects your life in a negative way, THEN it becomes a problem.

Re: virginity. You are obviously approaching the further extreme for remaining a virgin...the issues are WHY? and Why does it bother you? If you are a virgin because "girls are gross" but homosexuality will cause you to be cast into the depths of h*ll." then YES, you have a problem. Are you a virgin because "you'll get germs and die if you have sex." yeah...that's an issue also.
I am actually aware now that i passed up some chance's to get with some girls, (some that i still kick myself for)
Again, WHY did you "pass up some chances" AND...why does it bother you?

If you are comfortable with your sexuality, and comfortable with the concept of sex, regardless of who your partner is; then...relax. A couple of thoughts though...DON'T wear your virginity on your forehead; and don't fake it. There are few things in life more obnoxious than a virgin whom EVERYONE is aware is a virgin. It was quite a while after I "lost" my virginity, before there were more than two people on the planet who were even aware. (and trust me, I didn't "lose" it; I knew d@mn well where it went). Also, if you are becoming involved with someone, they deserve to know that you are a virgin BEFORE you have sex. It will allow them to "take things into account"; and...besides, it's a major turn on for some women.

Bottom line: if it's not a problem...it's not a problem. If it is a problem...the real question is WHY.

Relax...enjoy...it's all good.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/3/2010 5:40:10 AM
why do people always ask if it is okay to be a virgin at a certain age? it is a little annoying.
 ItsComplicated76
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/3/2010 6:39:54 AM

why do people always ask if it is okay to be a virgin at a certain age? it is a little annoying.

Because they are a little insecure about saying it publically due to the copious number of**** out there who would make them feel it was a problem.

OP...is it ok to be a virgin at 23...course it is!!

carolann0308
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2010 11:51:53 AM
For whatever reason you just were not ready or did not have an opportunity prior to this. If you feel ready, willing and able then go find yourself a gal who feel the same way. It's really not a big deal.
 TitsMcGee213
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/3/2010 1:28:45 PM
if you're saving yourself/religous...good for you

if you've been UNSUCCESSFULLY trying and failed... shame on you, buy a hooker.

But seriously, who gives a sh*t. A kid was a 19 year old virgin my freshman year and after he got his 1st load off, he had 20 chicks by the end of the year. Some people are late bloomers, just say f-it and live life.
 D4vD4n
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/4/2010 1:31:20 PM
theres absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, even if your a virgin in your 40's. its none of anyones business but your own, and no one should make fun of you for it. As long as your fine about it. i guess when your 40, you have missed out in a lot of things in your life sexually, but at the end of the day, its completely up to you. people who make fun if they do, are just sad "without a sware word input" lol.

the fact is, as long as your comfortable the way you are, then its all good. its no one elses business.
 TheGoob
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2010 3:30:55 PM

so to my question... is it ok to be one at 23, soon to be 24?

Well maybe you need someone who's on the same boat here. I'm 26, and still virgin.

Bad news, we have no idea of the kind of pleasure that comes from a sexual intimate moment with a lover/partner/girlfriend/wife.

Good news, we don't need to go to gynaecologist to find out if we have any STDs. We don't have to worry about receiving a phone call about some girl who you met a month ago to discover that they're pregnant with your child. And we don't have to regret sleeping with anyone that's lower than our standards.

Sure it's tough, with the weight of society expecting us to breed like rabbits at a certain age, but we need to break from the prison of society and live the way we want. Sure Sex might be a milestone for us, but we'll find the most amazing woman to share that special moment with, and it'll be worth it.
 deerdog1
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/10/2010 10:09:08 AM
if it was ok with you then you wouldn't be asking ... you most likely have some confidence problems .. manifesting themselves as shyness .... get over it anyone can get laid ..just do it already
 ~*Isabel Kitty*~
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2010 10:27:07 AM
Virgin > Slut

Sex is over rated.

Wait for a special girl you actually care about, not just 'any' girl.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > is it ok to be a virgin at 23?