Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do men like to be called?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gramaluvsu
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do men like to be called? Page 1 of 1    
We all know women like to be called beautiful and gorgeous, but do men prefer to be called handsome, hot or sexy by a significant other? I would think it would be hot or sexy, since handsome seems like something your relative would call you.
 dmd7
Msg: 2
What do men like to be called?
Posted: 8/17/2010 9:09:22 PM
The first guy I met from here I told him the night of our meet that I messaged him because I thought he was very handsome and that his picture just jumped out at me.

He thanked me and his face lit up. I still to this day, almost 3 years later, think he is one of the most handsome men I have ever met.

We are still very good friends and I once in awhile text him and call him Honey or handsome. He will text me goodnite sweetie once in awhile.

If I am talking to a guy that I think is hot I tell him that or I will text and call him sexy.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/17/2010 9:43:30 PM
Op you sound like a very nice lady and we do like to recieve compliments as long as they don't embarrass us in public. For me if you find me Handsome that is a bonus because women usually just find me Handy . I think handsome is a safe bet at the start of the relationship and you can heat it up from there according to both of your preferences.. but most of us just like to be called for dinner ( sorry but I have red green stuck in my head for some reason ).
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2010 10:40:05 PM
Us guys recieve less compliments like that from ladies.
So aren't too picky.
handsome
hot
sexy
stud
GOD
we will respond and smile to all.
cus we're guys and easy like that.
 RealisticRomantic
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/18/2010 1:24:44 AM
hands down and almost without exception: *drum roll*

my boyfriend

the othee stuff is nice and can give a fleeting ego boost but nowhere near the psychological impact and spiritual relief.
 rock_hunter
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/18/2010 1:43:14 AM
You can call me "master", that will always bring a positive answer.
 tarotdream
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 2:40:18 AM
I like a woman to call me, "Mine!"
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 2:55:14 AM
Well...call me anything you like, but don't call me late for dinner.
Ok, maybe not.

Hun is fine.
Sweetie,
Dear...that sort of thing.
 Ailliss
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/18/2010 3:22:47 AM
That depends on what you are doing…….

"God, its like you were made for me….."
 deborah815
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 4:26:21 AM
I had a sweetheart, he liked to be called "Delicious".
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/18/2010 4:44:46 AM
I have found an inordinate amount of men like to be called BEAR.
Now I am not sure what the heck that means..but they love to call me boo boo..

Maybe it's a pof thing.
Big bear..Poppa bear..Huggy bear.
I called one Yogi once..He thought I was referring to him being a guru and really liked that..Huh?

Here in the south we just call them sweetheart, shuga, DARLIN and all sorts of things..
They do not seem to care.
Just call them something and call them something often.

Certain things you call them needs to stay in the bedroom.

I do not mind pet names but bear is not all that sexy to me..
I think of really large hairy men with long nails..or that gay club..what is that? ..care bears..hair bears..happy happy bears?

I find once someones personality hits me, my mind comes up with a name that fits and he is probably going to be called that. It usually is a variation of his name or a affectionate term of endearment.

I would not call a man something he did not like .
 ILoveFriedEggs
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/18/2010 4:52:55 AM
just leave out poo or bum and u'll be rite
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/18/2010 5:41:39 AM
When it comes to our SO and what you call us in private we are a bit like dogs.... you can call us anything you like as long as the tone of voice is good .... If we don't like it most of us will let you know without biting.
 az109
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/18/2010 5:45:07 AM
I don't like being called Significant Other. I consider that term a crime against romance, language and intelligence all in one. Regarding looks, I preferred to be called "not that bad in the right light". Handsome is preferable to hot. Sexy goes without saying. Cute is for puppies, kittens and babies of other kinds. Not all men like to be called the same, of course, and some prefer not to be called, not every two minutes to leave messages on their voice mail until it's full of hysterically shrill threats mixed with sobbing please for forgiveness, or so I've heard.
 Worbug
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 6:56:28 AM
"You doesn't have to call me Johnson"

I have been called everyting but a white man so it really doesn't matter.

As said above, by the time you become a SO, you will no what is . The tone of voice will tell a lot as well.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/18/2010 6:58:11 AM
If you call me "can I get you a beer?" I'll be good to go
 brad29483
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/18/2010 6:58:25 AM
I am pretty used to being called "A$$hole" so that works.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 7:25:51 AM
Genereally men will go along with the woman which is why you'll find a lot of younger males responding to all sorts of silly names.

Generally guys are more than happy to be called their main name (not especially the name used by their parents or in formal situations) but probably not the nickname given by their mates (if it is different)

Few guys will kick off at being called anything masculine or suggestive of their good looks / sexual prowess but you want to use them sparingly in public.
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/18/2010 7:37:48 AM
in the right tone of voice, you can call us just about anything. Just call dammit
 cookie22222
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2010 8:05:23 AM
I do know they don't like "cute" (but us gals can still tell each other that's what he is)...

A couple of years ago a guy took offense to "cute"; my friend and I came up with "drop dead gorgeous stud" instead. That seemed to make him happy.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do men like to be called?