Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Ewow new site from POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SidneyCanada
Msg: 1
Ewow new site from POFPage 1 of 1    
In the middle page of my inbox I see this posted:

"check out Evow a new site from Plentyoffish for those looking for long term relationships."

Anyone know if POF is going to become like somespamsite?, if POF is so good for long term relationships why create another site?. If it ain't broken why fix it?.
 rotti mom
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:37:20 AM
I looked at the site but there is no info as far as the fees etc. They want you to register to see anything.

I think I'll pass.
 OrionEnt
Msg: 3
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:32:47 PM
I signed up to have a look. Unfortunately, I am not able to login to the site now that I am registered. While I was in after registering there weren't a lot of people to view. Their search parameters don't work either. A search radius of 35 miles allows me to view people in Alberta and Ontario. Did the country become smaller?
 rotti mom
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:36:04 AM
Well, they do say the internet is bringing the world closer, but I don't think that works out too well for meeting someone for a drink. lol

I wonder why they found it necessary to open yet another site?
 SidneyCanada
Msg: 5
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/7/2010 12:12:30 PM

Well, they do say the internet is bringing the world closer, but I don't think that works out too well for meeting someone for a drink. lol

I wonder why they found it necessary to open yet another site?

Because I am guessing POF has become like Adult Friend Finder so people looking for a relationship will join the new site. Or POF will be discontinued and people will be forced to pay money on the new site.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 6
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:16:48 PM

Because I am guessing POF has become like Adult Friend Finder so people looking for a relationship will join the new site. Or POF will be discontinued and people will be forced to pay money on the new site.

or

Like ever major corporation they tend to produce similar products under multiple brands.

Ford / Mercury
Chevy / GMC
Maytag / Hoover, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef
etc.....
 heartofcolor
Msg: 7
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/15/2010 1:47:41 PM
or POF charges a fee for that company to post.....POF has to get $$ for operating costs.
 Loud silence
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 10/28/2010 9:37:56 AM
Don't bother....it's just all the same people from POF that ruined this site. Just all the people looking to get laid. I wish they would just stick to POF and let serious people use evow.
 siciliantoughgurl
Msg: 9
siciliantougurl
Posted: 12/19/2010 6:20:23 AM
hi i don have visa can i send i check
 siciliantoughgurl
Msg: 10
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 12/19/2010 6:21:09 AM
hi i don have visa can i send i check
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 11
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 12/19/2010 6:35:10 AM
http://www.plentyoffish.com/suggestions_v2.aspx?section=7

From the help section:

I have a billing issue.

If you have a question or concern about the charge for your Serious Membership, please contact the user: POF Billing and describe your problem. They will attempt to assist you within 24 business hours.

To find POF Billing, you can respond to the confirmation email you received in your POF inbox when you purchased the upgrade. You can also find POF Billing in a User Search by clicking SEARCH at the top of the page, and then USER SEARCH just below that.

Please keep in mind:
-Serious Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable
-We do not auto-renew your membership
-Billing is done in ONE LUMP SUM and will not be done monthly
 jujubean52
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:00:47 PM
I know i was not having much luck getting responses when i was so "picky" so i hear form a lot of guys that are :nice:... but not my soulmate.
I went to the ewow site to really spell out what i would REQUIRE in a man wanting to be a permanent part of my life. I wish they had emoticons. I sure miss them on the POF message box.
 jujubean52
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:04:32 PM
the search is free but I like to limit my search to Christians at least 5"10 and average build. I have a message into them requesting they include these in their basic search simitations. No sense in me hearing from Catholics and non-religious people. It sounds like on POF yu have to pay to get to see everyone more than 200 miles away or just certain groups. there are no chemistry tests, etc so the sign-up is quick.
 Nicklucky
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 8/23/2011 12:36:01 PM
It is mostly for people who want a long type relationship.It is all free...Nick
 imacuddler
Msg: 15
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:57:06 PM
That's because it is totally free. View profiles, send/receive messages, etc. No. I don't know how they can do it for free. One of the things I like about it is that you can both specify the nature of relationship you are wanting to find and block members who are looking for types of relationships that cause you to consider a member unacceptable. I wish they had check-boxes for the kind of relationships one would find acceptable, so I could check several. I'm down as looking for "Intimate Encounter," although I would prefer a long term relationship. No, I don't consider deceitful. At my age (77) I'll take what I can get - within certain limits. No. I haven't found any "matches" on the site, but there are lots of members. As one would expect, most are far too young for me.
 brh513
Msg: 16
Ewow new site from POF
Posted: 7/7/2012 10:59:20 PM
its evow not ewow
Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Ewow new site from POF