Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MikeyyyJ
Msg: 1
EvowPage 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hey everyone :) hope you are all well!

Was just in my POF inbox, when I noticed there was a line mentioning a new relationship site from Plentyoffish called "Evow".

Anyone got any idea what this is? Has anyone tried it?

Mike x
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 2
Evow
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:13:23 PM
Hi

I was wondering this too, I may check it out tomorrow and get back to you,

hopefully it will do as it says on the tin and only be people that are looking for a proper relationship, not sure how it will be monitored to keep it that way, but worth a shot, its an offshoot of POF apparently, not too sure but hope its free too?
 hunnibelle
Msg: 3
Evow
Posted: 9/7/2010 4:11:37 PM
I've joined evow. Well when I say joined I signed in to it using my pof ID and I certainly didnt pay anything.
It seems quite small and select at moment but not much different from here. I have received no mail as yet and
no one has added me as a fav so?? But still another avenue I guess

Oh I have just read that free membership is for limited period only
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/7/2010 4:31:39 PM
It will depend on lots of things........

POF is strong in certain geographical areas and demographics.

There is certainly a percentage of people that seem to prefer paid sites because they think they are getting some kind of guarantee of seriousness, better quality or better screening etc.

So who knows...

Personally, you want to be using any and all sources and most certainly the most cost effective, prolific ones first. Free and big = pof so ....
 maverickgirl69
Msg: 5
Evow
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:48:14 AM
Why pay to get ignored.... LOL

Joined a certain site that promises your money back and it is actually worse than this one :-( I won't be renewing when my membership is up.
 hunnibelle
Msg: 6
Evow
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:52:35 AM
Can I just say this again......I am on evow and it IS NOT a pay site.
 markus
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/8/2010 2:11:33 PM
It will be eventually, but the first few hundred thousand who signup get it for free.
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 8
Evow
Posted: 9/8/2010 2:56:38 PM
Thanks for that admin, I'm in!
 Shortstuff1968
Msg: 9
Evow
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:51:23 PM
Msg 11 & 13 - keep me posted will you please? I fail to see how this site will remain for the use of people wanting long term?
Edit - curiosity killed the cat so I joined. Don't think much of my 'matches' at all and still no message...
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 10
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 1:01:38 AM
SS...I joined last night as I said...and my matches aren't up to much either! Mainly old chaps over 60 (no thanks, not for me) and most with no photo.

I found some of the 'about me' questions for the profile non-applicable but HAD to enter a response or I couldn't go any further, salary had to be entered in dollars????

As I have put on my profile there, I hope this site does what it says on the tin, and keeps it to people looking for a long-term relationship...BUT...and here's the rub...we had to pick an option as to what we are looking for...and one of those was...wait for it..I'm not looking for anything long term right now ...WTF???
 lighttou
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:50:15 AM
It suffers from the same radius problem as POF - I'm getting matches in Wales (sigh) - would have thought they could have marked Wales/Scotland/Ireland as separate countries by now, but obviously not.
Otherwise, it's another dating site, see how it goes...................

Falchion
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 3:56:59 AM
Ok, curiosity ( or more perhaps desperation) got the better of me and I had a look at Evow. Does not appear to be a pay site, so put my details on. Now it appears all I have to do is sit back and wait for " The One" to contact me

oooer, now waiting for all those emails or perhaps not
 Carbunararararara
Msg: 13
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:13:16 AM
The 'free for the first few thousand' sold me on it, but I'm not getting any real matches.
 MikeyyyJ
Msg: 14
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 3:06:59 PM
Finally gave in and gave it a go after hearing it was free for the first few thousand.

Matches seem to fit criteria, but whether I'll get any responses is another matter entirely.
 mollydaydream
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 3:26:19 PM
Okay, I'm a little confused right now as to the integrity of everything, just as I was about to contemplate this other site.

My reasons are as follows:

I've been reading this thread and a little about Admin. It is my understanding that he is in a happy relationship and indeed, his 'girlfriend' says she is 'not single/not looking'.

My problem is that Big Fish's profile states that he is 'single' and 'actively seeking a relationship'.

If Admin = Big Fish, how can this be so? (No offence intended.)
 leahlee7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:29:14 PM
i agree with short stuff these people should be upfront
and truthful about the matter of the site.no gimmicks please.
some of these sites say free,then when you start trying to
find out something,then up pops a sign UPGRADE there
you go.want you to pull out your card.to tell you the truth
i don't want to give people like that my info much
less trust them at all.Plenty Fish is one i feel more comfortable
with.i think Christian Mingle is o.k.anybody know?
 leahlee7
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:14 PM
i tell you what, i would run til day light from a man that states on his
profile he is single and looking for a relationship,yet has a girl friend
is not free. EH ? and pass the biscuits please .
 KCCal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:10:15 PM
After the way POF has been ruined over the course of the last couple years, not sure why anyone would believe I would want to try a pay version.
 Tara_Jiggles
Msg: 19
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:13:47 AM
Why bother cos its only going to be the same people thats on here...thats what I thought, so Im out!
 Carm0n
Msg: 20
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:56:21 AM
20 does it really make a difference to your life?
are you thinking of dating him in canada?
 lighttou
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:25 AM
The site seems to have an alarming number of 'matches' that can't be bothered even to write a headline - not a good start - if they're this lazy now, lord knows what that means for a long-term relationship!

I suppose it might get better with time, at the moment, the only way is up.....

~Unique~54
Msg: 22
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 1:51:54 AM

It IS the same people ha ha.

I'm going to delete my account today. The site compromises itself immediately from what it claims to be about, with the get-out clause of having that option I mentioned earlier " I'm not looking for anything long-term right now"

What is the point? This alone has put me off, because the very reason I would be interested in joining is taken away on sign-up.
 aries074
Msg: 23
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:42:54 AM
A site for people who want a long term relationshiop.......well, it is basically just a marketing line designed to tap into a perceived gap in the dating site market. A bit like the site which claims to be "for thinking people (their description of professional or university educated people!)
It is bound to tap into it to a certain extent, but the reality is that nobody is going to be refused membership for only wanting a quick shag.
My experience of dating sites is that they are all much of a muchness.
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 24
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:50:10 AM
Just tried to delete my account...impossible. the only option under Delete My Account is to hide your account or have it available, hidden or unhidden. No delete.

Now what?

More messages from tattooed-walrus looking types...shudder.
 peter1951
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:19:52 AM
I am grateful to previous posters on this thread as I had contemplated joining Evow, but won't now be doing so.

If only there were genuine 'speciality' dating sites then wouldn't online dating be much simpler?

I have in the past joined 'over 50s' sites only to discover that the over 50s section is but a part of a 'run-of-the-mill 18 - death' online dating site.

I believe that if a genuine site dealt only with seekers of 'longterm relationships' (or whatever the speciality/requiremsnt was) then it would be hugely successful.

Turnover would be greater (as individuals would more likely find a compatible partner easier) whilst many others would be attracted to joining the site due to positive word-of-mouth or site reviews. In order for such a site to exist however I believe that stringent criteria/checks would need to be in place and strictly adhered to... and it would need to be a paid site (on the grounds that anyone is likely to join something for free).

On the last point I wonder how many of those joining Evow would have done so had a fee been required upfront?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow