Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > seeking relationship or looking for relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shortone58
Msg: 1
seeking relationship or looking for relationshipPage 1 of 1    
what is the difference between actively seeking a relationship and looking for a relationship....is it the way we have answered questions or something else?
 JaxFlorida
Msg: 2
view profile
History
seeking relationship or looking for relationship
Posted: 9/19/2010 6:50:48 AM
Maybe it's just me but they mean the same thing. Isn't actively seeking the same as looking?
Overall to me it means desiring to find one.
 rocketship51
Msg: 3
seeking relationship or looking for relationship
Posted: 9/19/2010 8:28:15 AM
If you go to the drop down menu of options for that setting, in "edit profile" you will see that one of the options is something about "serious and looking for someone to marry." When that is selected, what shows up in the profile is the "actively seeking a relationship." If you pick the option of seriously looking but without the word "marry" then what pops on your profile is "looking for a relationship."

It's beyond me why we're not only asked to select TWICE on what we seek (we already had the friends, dating, etc options) but furthermore the language used when you make your selection is NOT the same as what winds up in your profile but...pointless to wonder TOO much about the mysteries of this site :)

So, in brief, the difference between the two is someone actually picked the looking for someone to marry...I discovered this by selecting each of the options and updating profile and then looking at my profile to see what popped up. As w/ many things in POF, sometimes you have to run your own "tests" to see how things work !
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > seeking relationship or looking for relationship