Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over fifty ~~ best sex in or out of a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Over fifty ~~ best sex in or out of a relationship? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Women over age 50 were more likely to reach orgasm if they had sex with a casual or new acquaintance rather than in a relationship; 81 percent reported orgasm with a non-relationship partner. This compares with 58 percent reporting an orgasm with a sex partner in a relationship with. This may be because a long-term partner is less likely to engage in romance, flattery and attention, Schwartz said.

//www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fg%2Fa%2F2010%2F10%2F04%2Fbloomberg1376-L9MQ1Q1A74E901-7GIHBC2T879SENEN6DTL1P9N86.DTL#ixzz11W9YHiSz

Found this fascinating. Also found the explanation lame. At minimum. Got a better idea? Or do you think that the stats are just bunkum?

Beyond the Cleavage
Msg: 2
Over fifty ~~ best sex in or out of a relationship?
Posted: 10/5/2010 1:30:32 PM
^^I think it's just stating the obvious. Plus, I don't think it's just a female thing.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:12:16 PM
BTC, the problem is that if one has listened to 4 years of female opining on these forums, the factoid presented *cannot* be true. According to the population of this forum, we (the womins) do not go to bed with fellas until and unless we're in relationships with them. The factoid asserts that not only do we, but we have better sex in the process. And I'm also willing to entertain the idea that sex might be better w/o orgasm, but would surely need a very good argument to convince me. . . .

clockwork lime
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:26:01 PM

Found this fascinating. Also found the explanation lame. At minimum. Got a better idea? Or do you think that the stats are just bunkum?

I don't know why anyone would not believe these stats. This is entirely possible.
There might be something to the explanation offered, but probably not enough to explain the 58%-81% gap.

Perhaps the novelty of a new partner could be a motivating factor.
Also perhaps a woman over 50 might have been a little down on herself or in a bit of a funk and the re-discovery of a bit of passion (associated with someone new) made the kitty purr a little louder.
 Crabby_McCrabberson
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:28:26 PM
Break it down for me please, into smaller words I can understand?

I don't get how these 2 things:
1) of the over-50 women who do casual sex, the % who orgasm from it
2) % of all sexually active over-50 women who do casual sex
are related

and I especially don't get how that connects to what women say they do
????

in the context of the study, I mean.
because non-casual-sex participators would be necessarily excluded from that part of the poll, I mean.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:35:02 PM
As an older woman.... we don't need statistics to know that it is better after 50 whilst in a fun and loving relationship...... Just my personal experience...
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:45:51 PM
I couldn't agree more, Azul Ojos. Sex is better around the 50 + mark and when in a fun and loving relationship. It's not all about the end result-- it's about a lot of things: fun, closeness, sex, etc. It's great when both have had a lot of experience and can simply be together... explore one another-- in all facets.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/5/2010 6:05:15 PM
Exactly, there is no rush to get to the end result as the journey is exhilarating in itself... That is just icing on the (chocolate) cake...
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/5/2010 6:48:35 PM
Ah chocolate, now we're talking....lol

It's definitely about enjoying the journey.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/5/2010 7:18:54 PM
Perhaps the novelty of a new partner could be a motivating factor.

Clockwork: that might work for you...

...and as your experience with older women has not been that good (taken from other threads and posts), you are not qualified to make the next statement...

Also perhaps a woman over 50 might have been a little down on herself or in a bit of a funk and the re-discovery of a bit of passion (associated with someone new) made the kitty purr a little louder.

I doubt this can be true at all. Why would a women over 50 be a little down... Rediscovery... Really? For some of us, that never went away... WE are in our prime... and happy with our self-image.

Some men have absolutely no idea how an older women works... Which leaves the mature savvy men the pleasure of us mature women...

We have it all together. We know what we want. We are calm. WE know passion. We have been there...

WE actually have all the qualifications for a great and satisfying sex life... with the right and loving partner.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:47:14 PM
Baubo ~~ thank you!! I'd been conflating ALL women over 50 who were having sex. I think what we have is those whose libido runs high enough that relationships are not a first priority, and those with perfectly functioning ones who are able to wait for a good relationship before partaking, so to speak. *That* makes sense. . . .

Stray__Cat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:45:31 PM
From personal experience.
Yes.
But I haven't had a wide enuff sampling to be definitive.
:-P
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 10:04:00 PM

We have it all together. We know what we want. We are calm. WE know passion. We have been there...

WE actually have all the qualifications for a great and satisfying sex life... with the right and loving partner

...nuff said

...mae
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/6/2010 2:43:13 AM

As an older woman.... we don't need statistics to know that it is better after 50 whilst in a fun and loving relationship...... Just my personal experience..

Mine as well.. Don't need these stats to tell me how I tick.. They maybe talking about people relationships where the love is gone and the other party is simply seeking a physical reaction.. highly doubt they are experiencing a mental orgasm at the same time as their physical one though..

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 5:06:15 AM
Well, I guess the increasing quality does about compensate for the declining quantity.....
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/6/2010 5:17:19 AM

Well, I guess the increasing quality does about compensate for the declining quantity.

Now that is a joke since no children needing constant attention, retired time is my own..
Yahoo.. Mountain Dew more time to get cozy..

So double the trouble doubt the fun

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 6:08:46 AM
Well, I am retired as well....and I like Mountain Dew........

When can we get together????
 daffie
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 6:26:31 AM
^ok you two!...
if you're going to "get it on", where's my invite?
actually, we could really make a night of it..,
mae, you interested also?...
(i haven't been any where near an orgy since my last new orleans trip!)...

where do these stats come from, really?
no one's ever asked me about my orgasms,
like...how, what, where, who and why?
well, no one from a survey company anyway!...
 cookie22222
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 6:53:54 AM
My immediate thought was - of course it's better in a relationship...but...

I guess I could see how if you got married (or whatever) and stayed in that relationship long term, after years and years it could get stale. What I've found myself is that if you don't throw in a new twist and turn once in a while, if you wait...it causes problems down the road and then you feel like you can't mix things up. Think about it - you are with someone for 20 years and suddenly they want to try X, Y or Z...I've actually known people (and been one myself) where if you bring something up too far into the relationship, the other person thinks - have they hated the sex all along? Or, worse yet...WHO gave them this idea???? And I think if you are younger you are more reticent to share of the twisted dirty little things rolling around in the back of your mind.

In a new relationship, the tone isn't set yet. You can pull some things out of the bag of tricks, and the new person wouldn't think it was out of character for you...because they don't have a perception of what is your "norm".

All that being said - I still think it's way better in a relationship - the sense of trust and knowing each other at this point in my life makes me more comfortable to go crazy on them...!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/6/2010 7:47:54 AM

Well, I am retired as well....and I like Mountain Dew........

Mountain Dew will not do you if you intend on lasting.. May I suggest a nice green smoothie like I will be having??? You will not find yourself jogging!! In fact you will be ready to run a marathon..

thecatmeoww
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/6/2010 8:15:47 AM

experiencing a mental orgasm at the same time as their physical one though..

Touche'. I feel that this happens with a deep connection within a ltr personally.

The Cats Meoww: you go girl
 Crabby_McCrabberson
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/6/2010 8:29:29 AM
Thank you Wooby for the new (to me) word, conflating; I had to look it up, and plan to use it in a sentence as soon as possible.
Also for the thread.
Which I am not here to argue with for argument's sake I SWEAR, but it has given me things to think about (first thread in a long time to do that) and I do enjoy bouncing points of view off each other, hoping for a new insight.

So I wonder if it could be possible that you're conflating the group of women with high libido, in with the group of women who suffer from problems with impulse control. Seems to me that's the same in reverse, as those who accuse women of not even liking sex, who will/can/do/"are able to" wait for it.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/6/2010 10:40:51 AM

When you decide to put down your knife and fork.. and only if my dear Daffy is included too.. She needs to supervise the goings on.. Daffy do you have a nursing degree per
chance? Or at least well trained in CPR?

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 10:53:15 AM
I will have to try this smoothie thing. Do you drink it or use it for lubrication?
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 1:05:09 PM
I've always thought the best sex was in and out and in and out and in and out .... of a relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over fifty ~~ best sex in or out of a relationship?