Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What shoes to wear???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Macatc123
Msg: 1
What shoes to wear???Page 1 of 1    
Hi girls, so I keep hearing that shoes are one of the most important article of clothing women look at on a guy (hey eyes up here, I'm not a piece of meat). So what kind of shoes would you like on a guy saying we are meeting up for coffee on our first date? I'm assuming they would be casual. Boots? Vans? Thanks!

-Mac

Nice shoes!--->
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 2
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 12:09:30 PM
Ones that match each other and the clothes you are wearing is always a good choice. I don't have to tell you that business suit with a pair of Nike's or Jesus Sandals.... or shorts with dress shoes and socks will look ridiculous. If you are going to wear a big red nose I would recommend the big red shoes to match.
 CaRo78
Msg: 3
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 12:51:55 PM
i would look at your shoes........ but if youve got a cute butt or a sexy smile that will soon draw my attention!!!
 forumfishie
Msg: 4
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 1:29:19 PM
Shoes not to wear for a coffee meeting:
Dirty sneakers, the kind that look like they stink
Any shoe that needs duct tape to stay together
Sandals, I do not need to see you might need a pedicure the first time I see you
Sandals and socks, at the same time, only if you are my uncle.
Black shoes, black socks and ......shorts, again unless you are my elder
No brown shoes if you are wearing black jeans ( I just saw a guy wearing a black shirt, black jeans, black belt and brown shoes) It just looked stupid.
NO white shoes, white sneakers yes.

Hope it helps
 RushLuv
Msg: 5
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 2:00:39 PM
A man's shoes are definitely not the first thing I notice when I look at him.

Coffee dates should be casual. Jeans, a nice T-Shirt and a pair of sneakers should be good enough.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 2:40:07 PM

I keep hearing that shoes are one of the most important article of clothing women look at on a guy

Nope. If the total picture looks like a bum - interview over.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 7
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 2:46:23 PM
I second that a man's shoes are not only not the first thing I look at, they are no concern at all as long as he's well groomed and his clothes/ shoes are neat in appearance.
Casual clothing is just fine for coffee.
 deborah815
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 2:53:46 PM
Honestly, I'm not all that into men's clothing as long as they are clean and smell good. Shoes? I could care less. What I look at is a man's eyes, his smile, and yes a cute behind doesn't hurt.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 9
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 3:25:44 PM
1:Hide your hairy toes.

2:If the heels don't light up every time you take a step and you leave the glow in the dark shoe strings off that's a plus.
 minika
Msg: 10
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 3:33:55 PM
Hey where'd my earlier post gone???

Maybe the correct question should be what shoes not to wear. As long as the shoes go with your outfit & aren't scruffy, then I see no reason why the shoes would make or break a date.

It's only if you wear shoes that draw attention in the wrong way that it may be held against you.

btw my original post advised the OP to wear a mankini (google images on it) & they won't be looking at his shoes
 tjl2280
Msg: 11
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 4:04:00 PM
It's not the shoes they're looking at, these freaky women cant wait to get your shoes and socks off because they can't wait to see what those feet look like to see if your toes are suckable. Yes these women are closet freaks:)they wont admit it here though... I wear what's comfortable, I like the Nike Frees and Jordans not to impress the ladies but because I Like them.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 12
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 5:11:10 PM
OP: It's a coffee date for crying out loud. Obviously, you aren't going to be wearing a tuxedo, so clean sneakers or casual shoes will do.

I check out the entire package; not just the shoes. And none of that matters if he opens his mouth and has nothing of substance coming out of it!

Good luck!
 _Icon_
Msg: 13
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 7:36:53 PM
It seems most of the replies indicate that shoes dont matter much. I disagree.

I like a man in big boots. I like to hear the sound of his weight on a wooden floor. I like a little jangle of a keychain in there too. It's a masculine symphony to my ears.

I'm a little weird and edgy, though. Sensuality is important. I'm a part-time hedonist.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 14
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 8:11:27 PM

Sensuality is important. I'm a part-time hedonist.

Ya don't you hate it when your full time job and all the commitments in life get in the way of your part time hobbies.
 Randy3512
Msg: 15
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/10/2010 11:06:17 PM
I know you are really looking for a ladies opinion here OP. But I happen to know that the women love exotic leather boots.Alligator,snakeskin,ostrich and eel.Sure they are a lot more expensive than a pair of tennis shoes,but maybe not as much as you think.
You can get into a quality pair of real exotic leather boots for less than $300.

Nope. If the total picture looks like a bum - interview over.

Interview huh?...You must be a real hoot!... Check please! OMG!
 rainman12
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 12:40:49 AM
I like to hear the sound of his weight on a wooden floor. I like a little jangle of a keychain in there too. It's a masculine symphony to my ears.

Or the sound of the janitor. The boots and the keys were like a cat bell, we knew when to run.

Never (to my knowledge) been turned down for a second date because of my shoes. My face and personality on the other hand.....

edit - sorry....left out they should be clean - would you date a girl that showed up for a first meet with dirty shoes? I do think that clean (or at least not super dirty, depending on the situation) would show a little bit of effort on her part. I'd do the same.
 Helen0426
Msg: 17
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 12:50:05 AM
Anything that's clean, well-kept, and not sneakers. I see a few have said that sneakers are okay, but at 26, for a first impression that doesn't involve a muddy field, a Frisbee and a dog (which I think would be a fantastic first date, though!), I disagree.

If what you have for casual is Vans and boots, I'd go with the boots.
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 18
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:31:09 AM
My personal favorite is Italian leather...however, some Doc Martins with jeans are nice. With shorts maybe some canvas Keds without socks. Personally, I don't really care for tennis shoes unless doing something requiring exercise.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 19
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 7:09:23 AM
Mac... You look like a Fart Smeller... Oooops I mean Smart Feller... I'm sure you can figure out what would look good.

Just don't go gangsta on em with the hat having to matchy matchy the hoodie has to matchy matchy the shoes.... That's so 19. You're a big boy now, you can dress sharp.
Make sure your pants aren't fallin round ur rear end, thats a plus.

Think about the total package when ur getting all dolled up for a date... and of course it would depend on where your going .If you wore a pair of flip flops/beach shoes to a 5 star restaurant I would think you had some problems
 ebronte
Msg: 20
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 12:46:19 PM
Doesn't matter to me - just don't wear sandals and black business socks. The worst. (My ex-boyfriend used to do it and I had to look the other way and try hard not to let him see me laughing....)
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 21
What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 2:08:50 PM
For a coffee meetup, just make sure they're nice and clean and that they coordinate well. Coordination, that's the key!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What shoes to wear???