Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > the new MEET ME [THEAD CLOSED! See Inside for where to add your t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 el lagarto
Msg: 1
the new MEET ME [THEAD CLOSED! See Inside for where to add your thoughts!]Page 1 of 1    
I've received a few emails now , from people who supposedly want to meet me. My feeling is , if they wish to meet , why not write ? Just because they want to meet me - based on glancing at photos - doesn't mean I want to meet them.

It's difficult enough to have people really say something in their emails. Now with this shortcut - any sort of effort of civil greetings are bypassed.

I think most folks want to know something about people BEFORE they decide to meet !
 ktm guy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the new Meet Me feature - what's up !?
Posted: 10/15/2010 4:15:01 PM
Someone has to make an undo feature here quickly, I said MAYBE to a dozen profiles, I don't want to meet them!!!!!!!!This is unfair.
 rocketship51
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/15/2010 4:51:40 PM
DO A THREAD SEARCH...there is a long thread started by Cowboy (moderator) to which Markus (site owner) has posted a couple of msgs, on this topic.

To date, Maybe=Yes, and no, there is no way to "undo" that, or delete people from either "I want to meet" OR "Want to meet me" pages. It IS all very unfortunate.

OP...the emails are being sent automatically by POF when you land on someone's "I want to meet" page (which per above, could be accidental). They don't mean anything, really, and if you're not interested in the person then...do nothing. The feature was intended as the "wink" in other sites.
 Sammi K
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2010 5:11:14 AM
This meet me feature is really turning out to be a pain!

I reset my email settings so I dont get emails to my real email address telling me I have mail or someone has added me as a favorite etc which wasnt bad. But I still get up to 40 emails a day telling me "someone" wants to meet me.

I feel like I am being stalked! The least they can do is stop the auto generated email that is sent out!
 Korotky
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/17/2010 6:30:38 AM
I have my email notification settings limited to 'local singles events' and haven't received any notifications regards the 'meet me' feature which I've had a few nudges from - and if I did I'd soon whack on an email filter to deal with them, it's really not rocket science to create a filter in your email providers web-interface in most cases...
 1 Kissing Frog
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2010 1:10:50 PM
Someone sends me that they want to meet me and when i try to respond it says i cannot contact this person??? what kind of crap is that????
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/17/2010 2:10:44 PM
Might want to check out the discussion in the following thread on the Plentyoffish Site/Suggestion/Help forum:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14204336.aspx

Some questions are answered and others are posed....
 butterflibeauti
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 12:59:32 PM
I don't so much as have a problem with the Meet Me feature, but i would love to see a remove button added.

If there is someone who wants to meet me, and I don't feel the same, i think a remove button like in favorites should be added, this way i can see who wants to meet me and i can remove those who i dont want too meet. and vise versa
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 2:28:25 PM
PLEASE read the message above you! That is the official link on this and your request has been asked for 50 times!

PLEASE go to that thread and READ IT before posting another redundant post!

if it has been requested do not POST AGAIN.

this is still being changed every couple days and is NOT finished.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > the new MEET ME [THEAD CLOSED! See Inside for where to add your thoughts!]