Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Datehookup.com      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Forni
Msg: 1
Datehookup.comPage 1 of 1    
How may ppl think this website even compares to POF.COM

I'm just curious , I personally thin dhu is filled with trash , seriously , I think most on there are ridiculing themselves when they post , I have been a memeber once upon a time , It seems to be the same old garbage again and again and again . I wouldnt know I deleted , not here to bash a website , just wanted you guys to post about the interest in it
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 2
Datehookup.com
Posted: 10/18/2010 8:27:48 AM
I think the site name speaks for itself.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Datehookup.com
Posted: 10/18/2010 1:58:29 PM
I joined that site for a short time because a guy I had met off another site was on there. Otherwise, I would of never even heard of it. I had searched for him on free sites since I could not reply to him through the site I received the message from him on but was unable to locate him. I decided to join the other dating site with a free trial in order to write to him. Once I seriously was dating this man we both deleted the datehookup profiles. I found no one of interest through that site. Once or so a guy started talking sexual to me through the chat when I signed in.

I'm still with the guy from the other site after over a year. Both of us have kept our profiles here to go on the forums. We have it clearly stated in our profile we are not looking.
 johnnyj218
Msg: 4
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/22/2013 11:27:32 AM
Honestly, I have had better luck on that site than this one. I originally registered about a year and a half ago and left for the same reasons as the OP stated. I signed up again about 6 months ago and have met 5 people in person already. I've been on here 3 years off and on and have only met 3 lol.

Yes there are a lot of fake profiles but the site has improved greatly from what I've seen. They are pretty good about deleting suspicious profiles once you report them. I like it and am going to stay.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 5
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/22/2013 11:54:12 AM
I actually have a profile on that site. I was reluctant at first just because of the name of the site. A friend of mine met a nice guy on there, but my luck hasn't been so great. The last guy I met was an alcoholic despite my profile literally screaming I'm not interested in anyone with an addiction problem. I've never posted anything in their forums, so I can't comment on that aspect of the site.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 6
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/22/2013 1:43:54 PM
I had a 3 year relationship with a woman I met on DHU. All these sites are essentially the same. Some features are better than others. DHU suffers from some tech issues though. You can send a message to someone and it will tell you that they have not read it - when the reality is they never got it. So you're thinking you got Poofed and they're thinking the same thing.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 7
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/22/2013 2:53:35 PM
And FYI - I see my share of stoopid on these forums, but it pales in comparison to the abject ignorance, racism, and unbridled hatred to be found in the DHU forums.

You're likely to lose 5 IQ points just reading some of that shyt.
:-(
 tony5montana
Msg: 8
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/23/2013 12:50:52 PM
Oh crap where to begin. I have a profile there but it's for fun. I have not met anyone in person but It's cause i am not interested. Made friends, fought with them blah. I have used the forums and they are repetitive and dull. If you are looking for laughs it's cool. I had people want to meet me so the site workd. Customer service is into fake profiles but they delete real ones, and i've done a better job of finding fakes than them. Im new to this site so I can't really compare but dhu is pretty much a big joke.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 9
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:33:48 PM
This is the only site I tried. I never hear of date hook up.
 peaceful_garden
Msg: 10
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/25/2013 2:48:07 AM

Customer service is into fake profiles but they delete real ones, and i've done a better job of finding fakes than them.

Hmmm...sounds familiar on all the forum sites.
 m8t
Msg: 11
Datehookup.com
Posted: 4/26/2013 2:25:35 AM
Its pretty much the same old thing every place on the net.
The work you choose to put in, will show in the results you receive.
Forums of DH are a lot different, and create an environment for fun posting.
I agree about the I.Q. thing; there certainly arent any intelligent conversations there.
This site has always had the best forums on the internet.

As far as dating, this environment is much more user friendly than other sites.
There arent a lot of questions to continue to answer, a fee to read messages,
and we can hide our profiles.
 Shy_Orbit
Msg: 12
Datehookup.com
Posted: 5/3/2013 2:01:46 PM
I joined that site, but its not that good. the search is useless as you haven't a clue what part of the county people are from. plus the forum on there seems to be filled with trolls.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Datehookup.com