Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do girls like getting texts asking how they are doing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mjcurry
Msg: 1
Do girls like getting texts asking how they are doing?Page 1 of 1    
I send the girl I'm dating (over a month) a texts asking how she is doing at least once everyday or so that I dont see her. Do girls like this or is this considered clingy?

One of my female friends said she broke up with a guy because he used to do that and want to hang out with her all the time. I wasent sure what was what.
 RushLuv
Msg: 2
Do girls like getting texts asking how they are doing?
Posted: 10/19/2010 11:12:25 PM
I don't mind receiving text messages, so long as I get to hear the guys voice as well. I don't consider it clingy in the least, to send an innocent text each day asking how the other person is doing but perhaps that is just me.
 fleeting85
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/19/2010 11:31:13 PM
Each girl has a different pace. You've been dating this girl for over a month? Well how quickly does she respond to your texts? The pacing should be clear by now I would think. =]

Personally I run out of things to write in emails so I keep the delay as long as possible Chatting via IM I can do all day. weird huh.

But back to your original question! Judging from the other thread you created, if this is the same woman, I'd think she'd view it as clingy.
 *army mom*
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:13:45 AM
I don't really want someone asking me how I'm doing; I mean unless something serious was going on in my life that might cause someone concern. I don't mind a text telling me to have a nice day or something along those lines, but if texting is his primary form of communication, that would annoy me no end.
 abelian
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:50:17 AM

Do girls like this or is this considered clingy?

Unless you know her really well and asking that is natural, it probably comes across as clingy. If it were natural, you wouldn't have to ask this question, so it probably comes across as clingy. Personally, I would only text, phone, etc., to the extent it was reciprocated.
 deborah815
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 8:22:53 AM
I'm from the "old school", I don't like texting and I think some people get very compulsive with it. Each person here will give you a different opinion. The only way you're going to know is to ask your date how SHE feels.
 kailania
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/20/2010 8:48:38 AM
i like receiving a sweet text from a man which lets me know that he is thinking about me and is not a question requiring an answer.
i usually do however answer with a "thankyou"
as for asking me how i am doing,..i would rather that he called and asked me that if he really means it.
as for your friend getting broke up with...maybe it was more the do you want to hang out issue. hanging out is not really dating. but what do i know...i am older so when someone asks me to hang out it doesnt feel like he is really interested in going on a date. more like he just wants a buddy to hang out with. my teenagers use that word for friends they would never be interested in dating.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/20/2010 9:04:23 AM
"How are you?" and "I hope you're doing well" are different types of texts. The first is an attempt to start a conversation, which shouldn't be done over text; while the second is simply a well wishing that requires no response.
Stick with the second one.
 _Icon_
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/20/2010 11:00:02 AM
Some do,
some don't.
Some will,
some won't.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 12:14:30 PM
Sit down while I explain how this works for ya.

ALL women are different. What is right for ONE woman is NOT for another!

Works for EVERY question about women in general. You ask a lot of weird general questions where you can not get an answer here!

Which is why getting 20 replies on a question like this means nothing.

Age is important in a question of this type.

Lifestyle is important.

There is no answer! Ask the gal you want to text.

Cowboy
 Silent Steel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 1:05:15 PM
I dont know anyone that would want the same old question asked everyday in a text. You could spend a little more effort coming up with something a bit more creative.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 1:30:33 PM
Personally, I don't like to talk on the phone, so texting is fine if he's away from his computer. Otherwise, I prefer regular e-mail communication.
 MichelleRenee1234
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/20/2010 1:48:56 PM

i like receiving a sweet text from a man which lets me know that he is thinking about me and is not a question requiring an answer

Same here.

I dont know anyone that would want the same old question asked everyday in a text.

If those types of texts ("How are you?") came every day I didn't see him, I'd get annoyed and fed up, too. It's the texting equivalent to saying "Do you like me?" In essence, you're saying to this girl, "Can you show me some attention?"

Then again, when you REALLY like someone, almost any form of communication is welcome.

And like everyone else said, just ASK her if it bothers her for you to text her that every hour of every day.

... Btw, when are you going to give yourself a break? Seriously. I said it once and I'll say it again. You need to RELAX buddy!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 3:17:04 PM
I don't like calls/texts/hanging out every day, but other women require it. It depends on the woman.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/20/2010 4:07:24 PM
I think it's fine, but I'm not her. Each individual likes different forms of communication. Ask her what she likes.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/20/2010 8:19:28 PM
^^^Then do the oposite!

Dealing with women "sucessfully" is very counter intuitive.

Throw that cell phone in the nearest garbage and NEVER get another.

I have been in business for the last twenty years in a 24/7 type of business and I have NEVER had a cell phone. The best way to beat a BAD HABIT is not to start.

It used to be that phones and answering machines were a women's control device of choice. Now, I'm certain that texting has taken that title!
 RyanBoney
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 8:51:42 PM
I'd say less clingy to ask "How's your day going" over "How are you doing". Texting can be a very annoying and clingy item... It's the reason I stopped talking to a girl I met on here. We hadn't even met yet only been talking for 3 days and she was texting me like crazy with "are you mad at me" "did i do something wrong" when I wouldn't answer a text due to being busy at work. The less texting the better in my opinion *unless the girl doesn't mind it and you both are on the "same page".... Good luck bro
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 9:18:24 PM
If you really are into someone, it's fun at first, but it gets old quickly. I prefer phone calls when there's something to talk about or to check in to let someone know you are still alive. But clingy, daily boring calls or texts from someone I'm not much interested in and who can't take a hint ~ACK!!!~ no way. A few calls a week when in a real relationship is one thing but constant calling to ask the same question just to try to make someone like you...too much like stalking. Nothing will drive away a person faster than them not being all that into you but yet you keep hanging onto them trying to make a relationship that's not there. I vote
 That Handy Man
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/21/2010 8:41:27 AM
I forgot to mention how many men think that such activity is getting them closer to having a relationship with a woman. In almost all cases, nothing could be further from the truth! Some women like the attention, all those guys texting them. "Oh, my, arn't I the popular one". But attraction for any of those guys . . . nada!

One on one dates, soon to be followed by kissing and . . .

That's the only type of relationship that matters with a woman (that you want to be an item with, that is).
 Eowyn1776
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/21/2010 9:12:47 AM
depends entirely on the guy, the text, and how I feel about him at the time, you could always ask her......
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/21/2010 10:55:01 AM

I send the girl I'm dating (over a month) a texts asking how she is doing at least once everyday or so that I dont see her. Do girls like this or is this considered clingy?

A text every day asking "how are you?" Not for me. How about getting a bit more creative or picking up the phone just to say hello and wish her a good day? or ask her how her day is going, etc......

One of my female friends said she broke up with a guy because he used to do that and want to hang out with her all the time. I wasent sure what was what.

I don't think I would break up with someone over this, but I am also not big on texting. Every once in a while or to firm up plans; cool. To have conversations with; no.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do girls like getting texts asking how they are doing?