Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > What women really mean when they say.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TIME 2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What women really mean when they say.....Page 1 of 1    
Thought I would have a little fun on here and see if you've noticed the following in your travels :

The language of POF that is on 50% of all women’s profiles :

Statement : I’m happy with my life and really don’t need anyone, but would like someone special to share my life with .
Translation: I’m sick and tired of cutting the lawn and shoveling the driveway etc.
Statement: I’m as comfortable in a pair of jeans as I am in an evening gown .
Translation: You’re going to see me mostly in jeans, but don’t be cheap and take me out on the town.
Statement: Game players need not respond to my profile
Translation: I’m getting sick and tired of going out with the good looking men, giving up the candy and then they’re gone!!!
Statement: Serial daters need not apply!
Translation: I’m on a mission and my shelf life is dwindling.
Statement : If you’re going to email me … make it creative and not just a “Hi there”
Translation: I would like you to waste a lot more time on me, before I read and delete your letter.
Statement : I will not settle for less than I deserve
Translation : I’ve just gotten out of a bad relationship … so look out !!!
Statement : I exercise 4 to 5 times a week
Translation : I’m single , have no children and I’m still hoping to meet someone at the gym
Statement: I like to eat healthy
Translation : Don’t expect to bring your sorry ass over to my place with a six pack and a pizza on a Friday night
Statement: Must not be looking for an intimate encounter... even though your pics show large amounts of cleavage and or you're sprawled out over your bed.
Translation: Nothing in life is free.
Statement: People tell me I look 10 years younger than I am.
Translation: I've lived a pampered life and have had little to no stress in it.
Statement: I'm more attracted to men younger than I.
Translation: My husband/boyfriend left me for a younger woman.
Statement: I'm very attractive,intelligent and successful and you should be also.
Translation: I'm a malignant narcissist looking for same.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What women really mean when they say.....
Posted: 10/31/2010 6:48:41 AM
I think some of your translations are right, but others need work.
My suspicions would be...
"People tell me I look 10 years younger than I am." = I like to THINK of myself as younger than I am, and I know several people who are willing to help me delude myself, I hope YOU will too!

"I'm more attracted to men younger than I." (Like that's unusual). = Please don't copy me in this, or I wont find any.

"Game players need not respond to my profile." PLEASE don't if you are one, I'm a sucker for them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have to mention it.

"I'm very attractive,intelligent and successful and you should be also." = I am very sensitive about how I appear to others, and if I associate myself with anyone of lesser status than I aspire to, my stuck-up imaginary friends will disown me. Same as being a malignant narcissist, just a tad more descriptive.
 ginamontecino
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/12/2010 9:26:43 AM
Funny and interesting observations.
 Cool_November
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2010 3:58:02 AM
I'd like to add one if I may,......

I'm Brutally honest=I dont know when to keep my big mouth shut.
 try1more
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 6:22:24 PM
i'm looking for a man thats honest and romantic....only tells me the lies i want to hear.
i'm not a natural blonde...it's just a better match for my intelligence.
i'm very tactile...lay a finger on me n i'll deck ya!
i'm very talkative...i nag.
i'm a confident woman...i boast a lot.
i'm seeking a sophisticated man...everything in life should be balanced.
i prefer to live a simple life...you earn the money i spend it.
i want a sensitive man...they are easy to bully.
players need not apply (pleeeease)...yep! i'm vain n gullible.
i'm looking for an intelligent man...i'm a natural blonde.
good communication is important...i'm so insecure, you wont believe the number of txt's your gonna get.
my children dont need a father...they each have one of their own.
no serial daters...there are two reasons you should delete your profile, one is meet me the other is post this list
 Redlance71
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 9:30:41 PM
If you are into drama move on" - Drama queen.

"I want to be spoiled and treated like the princess my daddy always said I was " - Wants things in life to be free, lazy and probably unreliable
 Fisted_Sister
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/4/2010 4:36:18 AM

Statement: Game players need not respond to my profile
Translation: I’m getting sick and tired of going out with the good looking men, giving up the candy and then they’re gone!!!

Lol! Coming from a female with personal experience I can vouch for this one unfortunately.
 PinkSeaPrincess
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/7/2010 11:54:38 AM
sad.. I think there isnt a woman alive that isn't guilty of this. Although we lie like dogs about it
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > What women really mean when they say.....