Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I hide my Last Online status??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Alie0208
Msg: 1
How do I hide my Last Online status?? Page 1 of 1    
I've noticed that some of the guys in my inbox have that information available to me and some have it blank....I want to make mine blank. How do I make it so that nobody can see when I was last online??
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do I hide my Last Online status??
Posted: 1/6/2011 12:25:30 PM
Stay offline for 24 hours and it becomes blank. And as soon as you log in it shows again.

No way to "turn it off".

Alie0208
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/6/2011 12:27:03 PM
Ahhh ok....thank you!!
 Eazzyduzit
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/5/2011 3:49:43 PM
This is stupid i don't want people to be able to tell if i am online or not.
 ingenuous
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2011 6:39:28 AM
Agreed!!!!!!!
Surely a mass request can get this feature changed? Just causes drama's
 AladdinSane_
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2011 11:07:59 PM
interesting is only the juveniles that want this feature enabled.

Simple solution is to set your profile to 'DATING' then everyone knows your footloose and fancy free.
 friendsonly00
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:12:30 AM
not just the juveniles. you can be seriously looking but not wanna be stalked every second you come on to answer mail.
 1Chuck_B
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 5:06:34 PM
I don't like to drag up an old thread, but I can't believe the potential hurt this lack of functionality can bring -- it really bothers me. I'm in the very early stages of seeing three women from POF and, I don't want any of them to see when I'm on line, or the last time I WAS on line. I've got one jumping on IM right now (she practically lives on the site) every time I log on because she can see I'm online, and all she does is tie me up so I can't talk to anyone else, do searches, etc., or at the very least disrespecting them all.

It's way too early in the process to choose only one yet (for either of us) and i only out of respect for any of these fine ladies, I can't believe I can't hide my on line status.

PLEASE, please, please allow me some way to disable this feature . . .!
 Scallywag01
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:24:19 PM
Ostensibly, I'm with 1Chuck_B on this one and for the same reasons.

On the flip side, I can also see how the last on-line-status thingy is useful to those who wish to check how prolifically you're searching or maybe trying to figure out whether you are maybe seeing others at the same time or perhaps whether you're one of those who are looking to see if any new profiles might represent greener pastures, which are fairly puerile reasons in my opinion. Once a relations hip has some roots then do as suggested herebelow:-

The on-line staus is most useful for those who are checking up on longer term partners to see whether they are still logging in, which indicates an insecurity on the part of the checker but at the same time, there are sometimes grounds for that insecurity, namely that the long term partner IS still logging in - and cheating. In this case, I'd suggest that people who go into longer term relationships should mutually either agree to close each other's profile at the same time, or alternately, learn to trust and agree to to keep the profiles open, for things such as forum use, or receiving POF party/event invites and similar.

So, I remain with 1Chuck_B on this one:- The on-line-status thingy should go.
 NihontoFan
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2013 2:30:58 AM
Tell that to the person who's stalking me, they want me dating them, I don't. Now they are harassing me and no one I try to date is willing to stick around because of the psycho drama.
 lightstar1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2013 2:48:55 AM
^^^^ ..... If someone is 'stalking' you on here, block them - if that doesn't work mail Admin.
If it's a real-life problem, that's what the police are for.............

dig2dye2
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/20/2014 3:45:57 PM
The problem with blocking is that the person can still view your profile. I have blocked some guys I just don't want to talk to, then I see they are viewing my profile every few hours/days.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2014 6:33:36 PM

The problem with blocking is that the person can still view your profile.

There is no harm in viewing. If there were selective blocking on the site, they could simply take note of your profile name or ID and look at you while they're logged out of the system, unless you decide to hide your profile from members and the general public.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 Irsh_Chk
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/20/2014 2:28:51 PM
I want to hide my online status because as soon as I get online, I get bombarded with emails. It's hard to keep up. Then they ask why your not answering....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2014 2:48:58 PM
Irsh_Chk...sorry you have to endure men on an online dating site seeking to engage you in conversation.
While that is definitely a major hassle, one option is to simply ignore the men who are not of interest to you.
If you are entirely certain you don't wish to communicate with them, simply BLOCK them entirely.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I hide my Last Online status??