Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Hotels in London      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 1
Hotels in LondonPage 1 of 1    
Hello everyone!

I will be traveling to London with friends in May and I woul like suggestions as where it would be the best place, area to stay. We will only be there for two days. I have been to other European countries before, but I have traveled with my teenaged children and we have done the hostels and inexpensive accomodations. This time it will only be adults. My friends are more of the mindset of comfort than me, therefore the hotels that I have in mind are to be comfortable, yet not to pricey for me since I will not be sharing the expenses with anyone.

I am trying to be reasonable with them and at the same time keep it wiyhin my budget of around £90 per night if possible. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Brenda
 iamtryingagain
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hotels in London
Posted: 1/16/2011 3:14:32 PM
My son has just returned from trip away..
In London - had booking for Vegas Hotel - room was like a dog-box even dirtier
so then went looking and found Best n Western.. much much nicer accommodation
not sure price tho...check them out online.

safe trip
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 3
Hotels in London
Posted: 1/17/2011 10:17:26 PM
Thank you!

I will make sure to search before booking any hotel.
 doc50
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Hotels in London
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:43:53 AM
happylibra70
sorry i can't e-mail because of your blocks.
i can recommend, PREMIER TRAVEL INNS.
number from uk is 0870 242 8000 international code 044
i have used other hotels in their chain and they are very
good value for money ie from £29-00 per night.
hope this is of help.

the one on york way, alongside kings cross station would give
the best option for a base for sightseeing.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 5
Hotels in London
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:44:07 AM

I will be traveling to London with friends in May and I woul like suggestions as where it would be the best place, area to stay. We will only be there for two days. I have been to other European countries before, but I have traveled with my teenaged children and we have done the hostels and inexpensive accomodations. This time it will only be adults. My friends are more of the mindset of comfort than me, therefore the hotels that I have in mind are to be comfortable, yet not to pricey for me since I will not be sharing the expenses with anyone.

I am trying to be reasonable with them and at the same time keep it wiyhin my budget of around £90 per night if possible.
Consult www.tripadvisor.com
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 6
Hotels in London
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:38:06 PM
I stay in King's Cross when in London.

It is NOT the best neighborhood in town, but there are a lot of decent bed and breakfast pensions -cheap - within a block of the Underground and the Old St Pancras station.
Ask the taxi driver to recommend one. They always know where there are vacancies.

Eat at pubs or fish and chips joints. Pubs serve home cooked foods at neighborhood-ly prices. (Food is pricey in London)

Comfort is relevant. Most hotel rooms are half the size of the American hotel rooms of the same category - pretty common in Europe- so don't be surprised. The essentials are there.

Bon voyage.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 7
Hotels in London
Posted: 2/14/2011 11:51:22 PM
I would never ask a taxi driver to recommend a hotel. I would do, and do so, my research before I left home. When going to London, I have always made my reservation before leaving home, except once when I was backpacking around the UK for 5 weeks, and I made reservations a day or two ahead as I had no specific itinerary. It was summer and I ended up spending a week in London that time and stayed at the dorms at Queens College. It was great, only 25 pounds a night, I had my own room in a quad and shared kitchen and bathroom with the rest of the quad, but no one else was there at the stime, so I had it all to myself, and a huge buffet breakfast in the cafeteria was included. The weather was great. Had a wonderful time. I've been to London about 4-5 other times, mostly on business, and stay at hotels. I haven't got a favorite, but I have learned to check out Trip Advisor when making plans. Each time I go, I need a hotel in a different area as my business is in a different area. One time I stayed near Kings Cross because the business I went there for was near there. The 'budget' hotels in Kings Cross seem okay. A friend who was also there for the same workshop stayed in another budget hotel in the area and was also satisfied with his hotel. I recommend checking out Trip Advisor.
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 8
Hotels in London
Posted: 5/14/2011 10:45:00 AM
Hello everyone!

I would like to thank all of you who replied to my post. I have already chosen a hotel nearby the airport at which I will be arriving. I am really excited as the date for my trip approaches!
I will only be in London for two days unfortunately, however, I am sure I will enjoy my stay immensely.
Now I have another question: are all pubs the same? what would be the best place to watch the game of Manchester United and Barcelona? I tried getting tickets for the game, but, no luck. So I am now looking for a friendly place to sit and watch the game on television, and staying at the hotel to watch the game would be pointless while being in London!

Again thank you all!

Kindest regards

Brenda
 USCG10
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Hotels in London
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:23:18 PM
hmm stay in a hostel.. your wasting your money in a hotel..-__- typical tourist
 magicman1950
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Hotels in London
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:39:39 AM
I enjoy the Hoxton Hotel - near Underground station, pub, etc. And, if you sign up for their emails, they offer ONE pound per night rooms 4 times a year.
Paul
 Cathysaint
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Hotels in London
Posted: 7/13/2011 6:07:28 PM
Im not sure with the budget of 90, as I was going to recommend Astoria in Victoria but that is pricey as hell.
The best areas would be knightbridge & chelsea but I think if you go further up to kensington and earls court ,you will still be quite central but it will be more affordable
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 12
Hotels in London
Posted: 7/15/2011 1:19:04 AM
If I were on my own, It would not bother me to stay on hostels, however, since I was in the company of friends whose standards are higher I was trying to be accomodating to their needs. I am a well seasoned traveller, don't consider myself a tourist anymore!

I do appreciate your suggestion, along with your masked insult! Typical!
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Hotels in London