Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why won't this guy kiss me...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Metric101
Msg: 1
Why won't this guy kiss me...?Page 1 of 1    
I recently met a guy end of january, we have been on 4 dates total on our second date he took me out to dinner then came back to my place to hang out we cuddled and watched a movie nothing more, towards end of the night we huged goodbye he grabed my hand and kissed then quickly kissed my lips n left. Our 4th meet up was just hanging out he came over we shared wine n talked, we did get closer on the couch and seemed to be enjoying eachother. It was getting late I was tired so he left we huged this time no kiss at all, Im confused if he likes me then why doesn't he take charge doesn't he want to know how I kiss, I don't understand..... Ive never have experienced this usually guys kiss me either the 1st or 2nd date, is he unsure if he wants to or what.
 TDH49
Msg: 2
Why won't this guy kiss me...?
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:44:52 AM

Let me check with a old Indian medicine man I know, he always knows the answers to impossible questions.. Ok I just got back from talking to him, his answer was this... " How the hell should I know why him no kissum girl? why don't girl try kissum him?".
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:47:14 AM
I recently met a guy end of january, we have been on 4 dates total on our second date he took me out to dinner then came back to my place to hang out we cuddled and watched a movie nothing more, towards end of the night we huged goodbye he grabed my hand and kissed then quickly kissed my lips n left. Our 4th meet up was just hanging out he came over we shared wine n talked, we did get closer on the couch and seemed to be enjoying eachother. It was getting late I was tired so he left we huged this time no kiss at all, Im confused if he likes me then why doesn't he take charge doesn't he want to know how I kiss, I don't understand..... Ive never have experienced this usually guys kiss me either the 1st or 2nd date, is he unsure if he wants to or what.

^^Why don't YOU kiss him and see how he reacts......................we don't know why he hasn't initiated a kiss.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:52:29 AM
Good grief how would any of us be able to answer this?

Just KISS HIM. Kissing is a group participation project. Like dancing but either can lead when kissing. Go for it. Make your V-Day special. (long sigh...)

Cowboy
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/14/2011 7:07:22 AM
Not all men are into smooching.

I think you will have to take the initiative.

shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:00:56 AM
Sounds like he's not sure where to go from here. Kiss the boy.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:05:24 AM
While he might have enjoyed your company, he's having second thoughts about taking things to the next level. If he asks you out again, you could try kissing him and see what happens, but it sounds to me like he's just not that into you.
 ferfoxache
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:39:14 AM
Is this the same guy you upped and left when you went to his house, cutting things short?
Is this the same guy you are confused about whether you like him, or not?
Didn't you say in another post you wish it was like it used to be and you just met a boy and became girlfriend and boyfriend?

You understand that maybe your behavior towards someone reinforces or cools their desire to kiss you?
So if you don't show interest they may reciprocate?
If you have huge expectations on how they are supposed to act, they will tend not to in order to show they have control over their own life and independence (unless they just want to get laid immediately, then it's just the price they pay)?

Did you just stand there like a sack of potatoes when he grabbed your hand and kissed it, then quickly kissed your lips? Why didn't you grab him then and kiss him more?

Im confused if he likes me then why doesn't he take charge

Because some men are "wussies" like that. They are so afraid of how you might react (you're only after sex! it wasn't that great, let's just be friends! lousy kisser! Bad breath!) and run away they need clear sure signs that it's okay, sometimes clear signs by you doing it first. So he may be taking things"slow" building up an idea of how okay it is.
Not to mention he may simply want you to believe he is there to stick around, see him that way, and not just looking to get laid.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:52:16 AM

Bad breath maybe?

Im confused if he likes me then why doesn't he take charge doesn't he want to know how I kiss, I don't understand.....

Well, maybe he isn't just ready yet. Some men like to take it slow. Or maybe he's just not attracted to you in a sexual way and aims for "just friends". If this bugs you so much, just go ahead and initiate some kissing. Otherwise: relax.

Ive never have experienced this usually guys kiss me either the 1st or 2nd date, is he unsure if he wants to or what.
So usually you're an easy "date", and if a man decides he'd like to actually get to know you before getting physical you're getting confused and upset?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:56:52 AM
he's probably an ax murderer. next time you see him, make sure to feed him lots of coffee or tea or beer or ice water. then get him naked. when he goes to the bathroom, swipe his phone and call his parents. if it goes to voice mail, they're buried under the flower bed.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:25:19 AM
good lord in heaven, Men on this planet of ours cannot get a break, if the guy kisses the girl too early after the first date he's a horny poon hound and if the guy doesn't kiss you after 2 or 3 dates he's phucked up/a fruit cake/ not into women blah blah blah, you cant win for losing.

Ever thought perhaps he goes by his own pace, did that thought ever occur to you?
 abelian
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:27:46 AM

It was getting late I was tired so he left we huged this time no kiss at all, Im confused if he likes me then why doesn't he take charge doesn't he want to know how I kiss, I don't understand..... Ive never have experienced this usually guys kiss me either the 1st or 2nd date, is he unsure if he wants to or what.

You ould try kissing him. If that doesn't work, watch a few episodes of Dexter for additional insight.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:32:17 AM
Good GOD woman you are toiling over every single minute with this man and putting a magnifying glass to it. Take a CHILL PILL already.

Yeah he is unsure if he wants to or he has halitosis or herpes. What else can I guess for you?

Kiss him or get a hobby of some kind to take your mind off this one guy you've had a few dates with..... Try knitting.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:46:47 AM
Three posts already about this guy you've seen four times. Seriously?

Get a new hobby.
 scottey63
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:41:49 AM
Are you going to post a play-by-play of each date you've had with this guy, including recaps of all your past dates? Don't you have friends to talk to about this stuff?

Kiss him. Or grab his hand, pull him toward you and say "Kiss me!" Then you'll know.
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/14/2011 11:23:07 AM
Ok OP...here's my take on what's going on. You really like this guy, obviously. Have you been hurt in the past or something? I'm asking because you seem so unsure with yourself, this guy....everything.

Have you tried talking to him at all about these things? He's the one that is going to give you the best answer possible....he really is. If his words and actions though don't add up...then you have to go with your gut...we can't tell you what's going on because we can't get inside his head.

It could be he really likes you too and is taking his time.......or it could also be that he is unsure but sees that you may be (um...paranoid?).

Look...if your posting constantly on here and giving US a play by play......you HAVE to be portraying something in real life too! I'm sure he has picked up on it. If he has....then maybe he realizes that kissing you or any moves are going to throw you over the top with whatever is going on in your head.

Take it easy....really...he is either going to work out or he's not....either way though...enjoy him and your time together. Stop looking at every. little. detail....or you will drive him away. Again, you may not be speaking your fears/ paranoia/etc....but unless he's a statue...he can feel it or sense it...I'm sure of it.

Like you stated in your last post....let go and let God! :)
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 3:48:14 PM
who knows.
Kiss him silly and get it over with.

You're a woman.

Go for what you want.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 4:17:09 PM
...Maybe he's "just not that into you."

I went out with a guy four times and we got along just great. We laughed, talked...never a shortage of words. Very comfortable with each other. But at the end of each date he hugged me gave me a quick brush of the lips and was on his way.
On the fourth outing I finally figured it out...he had put me in the dreaded "friends category." He obviously was not into me the way I wanted him to be.

Maybe that's the case for you. You'll find out for sure when you kiss him....
Good luck.

...mae
 merelymortal
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:41:11 PM
OMG, stop with this totally victorian idea of love that its a one way street that only a man can initiate.

There have been plenty of times I wanted to kiss a girl and passed it up because I didn't think she wanted it, or because I wasn't sure it would be the last place it would lead.

You already kissed once, he likes you and wants to get to know you more intimately. There is no game here, quit overanalyzing. You can make moves too. Love is a two way street.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/15/2011 10:02:34 AM
Could be many things.

Not huge on kissing?
Second thoughts about you?
Not sure what he wants?
Not that into you?

Who the heck knows. If you and him go out again, why don't you kiss him and see what happens.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why won't this guy kiss me...?