Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > All it is, is a phone relationship.. Then i said this..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lewdle
Msg: 1
view profile
History
All it is, is a phone relationship.. Then i said this..Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So me and this woman have been talking on the phone for 3 months nearly now.. After about the first month i wanted to meet up with her, like most people would.. She keeps saying no and stuff like that..

We both defiantly like each other, she says stuff like i could be her future boyfriend

Now I think to myself im sick of this.. I really like this girl and I haven’t even met her..

so I said this morning, “lets go out tomorrow, its tomorrow or never..” Then she said fine and hung up...

But im not the one whose to blame.. she likes me, i like her.. What’s the harm in going out? After 3 months of talking everyday..

Am I wrong for doing this?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 2
All it is, is a phone relationship.. Then i said this..
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:08:49 AM
Im surprised you let it go on for 3 months, she is obviously a swamp donkey, or a whack job
Count your blessing and move on and find a woman that actually wants to meet.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:10:13 AM

Yes...yes you are.
If she has been hesitating to meet you after talking on the phone for three freakin' months the she really does not WANT to meet you. Sheesh...most people here don't even have real relationships that long.

Maybe she found out you have asthma???
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:18:26 AM

Yes, you have been snookered.. Likely she is not "athletic" at all, and has been lying to you..

Next time set a better time limit for meeting in person, 2 WEEKS not 3 months...
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:18:54 AM
3 months talking on the phone?! Oh h*ll no! For me, within 1-2 weeks we should have an idea if we want to meet face-to-face.

You were not wrong, and she was probably hiding something...........
 Lewdle
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:20:11 AM
i dont mean wrong for leaving it 3 months, i mean for saying "tommorow or never"
 TDH49
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:20:50 AM

You are wrong for not doing it 2 and a half months earlier.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:22:10 AM
If you wanted to continue to have a fantasy phone relationship, you were wrong.

If you wanted to find out whether she's going to meet you or not, you were right -- although way late in my opinion. Under normal circumstances, my timeline for meeting is no more than two weeks.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:22:58 AM

i dont mean wrong for leaving it 3 months, i mean for saying "tommorow or never"

^^Still no. Her reaction was that of someone who is hiding something. Had she really wanted to meet you or had any intention she wouldn't have hung up abruptly.
 carolann0308
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:25:30 AM
If they put off meeting after a month or so you move on. She was either not who she represented herself to be or was trying to get out of an existing relationship prior to hooking up with you.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:27:13 AM
I'm another to say you were wrong to let it go longer than 2 weeks .

LIVE AND LEARN

Lewdle
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:32:06 AM
ive been trying for ages.. but there is something about her that i just cant leave her that easy.. i get the feeling that when i meet her, it will be the best thing i do!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:35:15 AM
Ain't gonna happen, grandma!

It would not have happened whether you gave her that ultimatum or not. People who are available and here to actually meet do not****around on the phone for three months.
 A-Womans-Best-Friend
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:38:27 AM
I was in a 3 month phone & online relationship with a Girl even said we were in a relationship on FB but this was because we live 2000 miles away from eachother and she was asking me to see her ASAP. When I did finally meet her and went out on a couple of dates, I was assulted by her other so called EX-Boyfriend.
Your getting off lucky.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:39:00 AM
Some people prefer the fantasy of an online relationship.
It seems perfect, there's no pressure, you can be who you
want to be.
Reality isn't part of the plan.
I could be wrong, but if someone likes you and wants to meet
you, they do.
Pretty simple really.
 nothemommy
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:48:57 AM

the problem with this is she could be using false photos of herself

That, clearly. Definitively. And only.
 scottey63
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:49:48 AM
I'm really, really confused about two things:

1. How do you "defiantly" like someone? Is this when you say "I defy you to like me", as if daring them to like you?

2. Why you would let being turned down for an in-person meeting go on for two months before dropping an ultimatum? Do you have that much time on your hands?
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:56:36 AM
ive been trying for ages.. but there is something about her that i just cant leave her that easy.. i get the feeling that when i meet her, it will be the best thing i do!

omg she hung up on you after refusing to meet you for 3 months. perhaps she was put off by your direct approach. try groveling. or/and toss in a lil' lame sexual innuendo. "you know what they say about LONNNG conversations, right??" "oh pretty please let me take you out for dinner, i know the best SAUSAGE restaurant!!" cue the heavy breathing. if that's the best thing you'll do, then it's time to just lay down an die. like, right now. please, we need the room.
 *army mom*
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:57:42 AM
She's either involved with someone else, she has posted fake pictures, she's starved for attention, or she's just insane. Either way, 3 months is way too long to not meet someone. By that time, people delude themselves into believing this imaginary person is their "soul mate" or something equally retarded.

After one good telepone conversation with someone and there's no mention of meeting, I'm done ...
 IHateBarstars
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:57:47 AM
Women don't like ultimatums.

That's sorta a reason she probably got mad, however three months is a bit ridiculous - if shes calling you a future boyfriend then that sort of can indicate that she is seeing someone else at the moment and is just waiting for it to end. Unless you live like three or four hours away from one another and both work a lot, three months is a bit of a wait to see someone.
 ReBluez
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:04:28 AM
OP.. you dodged a bullet.

When asked to put up or shut up, she shut up.. which should have told you everything you needed to know about any future you two might have had.

Count your blessings and find someone who actually wants to have something real.

Bluez
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:09:41 AM

OP.. you dodged a bullet.

When asked to put up or shut up, she shut up.. which should have told you everything you needed to know about any future you two might have had.

Count your blessings and find someone who actually wants to have something real.

Bluez

Ahhh Bluez my dear friend......you always seem to type exactly what I'm about to say!

You just do it faster...lol.

Op....unless there is a reason for not being able to meet (Long distance for example) then there is no excuse that would be good enough to make someone want to wait 3 months before meeting.....
 gardenias2
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:15:59 AM
the reason she is sooooo attractive to you on the phone is a combo of the following reasons:

a. she's out of reach....the old belief that we want what we can't have.
b. she's manipulating you like crazy....the girl is working you....she very much wants to keep up this insane telephone only relationship....it works for her...haha..sorry but she is a selfish idiot and doesn't care for your feeling regardless of how much she tells you she does.
c. when it goes on like this for months without meeting you project a fantasy persona on the real person....in other words you are being slightly delusional about the whole thing....and its ok you are not the only one who has done this. that's why it is important to meet quickly fron online dating....don't turn the person into someone they are not.
 Revilors
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:53:39 AM

You didn't "leave her" you never were never with her...or she with you.

You will never meet her. If not after three months...when? You gave her an ultimatum. A good one I might add and I'm no fan of ultimatums. One thing that is true...is your word and your integrity. Don't sacrifice that too...for three more months down the rabbit hole.

It was too good to be true...because it wasn't true.

You know you did what should have been done...long ago.

You needed a little reassurance that you did the right thing and you got it.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:55:52 AM

she is obviously a swamp donkey

^^^^^^^^If that..

You played phone tag or whatever 3 flipping months, THEN give her one day?
That WAS wrong IMO.
I'll tell you why..

You both had a delusional "romance" or whatever..YOU knew it meant something to her and obviously you thought it meant something.

Unless you have been pushing her to meet for months all along.
Then, that just makes the whole scenario sound crazier ..

Why don't you meet someone before all this phone stuff?
All that time?

Talk, e mailing, egobook..for MONTHS?

It's a waste.

Were you afraid to ask or was she not wanting to?

Depends on distance issues, but if you are in the same 100 mile radius its ridiculous IMO.

You didn't "leave her" you never were never with her...or she with you.

that is a fact..^^^^^^^^
But HE and SHE had something in both their heads and he knows it or wouldn't feel guilty or question his actions.........
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > All it is, is a phone relationship.. Then i said this..