Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Online vs Chat [CLOSED Thread - See Within]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gingermom
Msg: 1
Online vs Chat [CLOSED Thread - See Within]Page 1 of 1    
Exactly what is the difference between someone being listed as online vs. chat? Also about "Last Online", does 1 hour mean they logged on an hour ago but could have logged out in the past half hour?

Click Here Difference between Online and Chat FAQ, to join the already in progress discussion.

This Thread Closed

UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 2
Online vs Chat
Posted: 3/27/2011 4:13:06 PM
When someone is marked "Online", it means that they are logged in to PoF (remembering that once you log off, you can show "Online" for a further fifteen minutes). When they have "Chat" by their username, it means that they have the "IM" (Instant Messaging) function activated.

"Last Online" indicates the last time that they logged in to the "Inbox" page. They could have logged off at any point during that past hour. (Once they've been logged off for approximately 24 hours, the space will be blank.)
 gingermom
Msg: 3
Online vs Chat
Posted: 3/27/2011 7:17:48 PM
So if someone says that they have the POF app on their iPhone and they is why it seems they are online, but not searching, something doesn't seem to match up????
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Online vs Chat
Posted: 3/27/2011 7:26:32 PM
I know nothing about the iPhone app or any other app suitable for PoF, for that matter.

I do know that after PoF's little problem a couple of months ago with a wannabe hacker, that they've implemented a time out for logins if you haven't been active (moving from page to page) for approximately ten or fifteen minutes (from my experience). Whether this is applicable to apps, I have no idea. Common sense would say yes.

I can be signed in to the Mail/Search/Viewed me side and actually be cruising through the forums. So I could be logged in but not searching.
 WiseGuyWithASquareEye
Msg: 5
Online vs Chat
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:43:40 AM
I can't even find the IM on off button :0/

Is it hidden in the settings?

If you're unfamiliar with how to use the IM, please read the How To Chat and Settings FAQ

Dan99993
Msg: 6
Online vs Chat
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:48:13 AM
You go to edit profile, then mail settings.

: )
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Online vs Chat [CLOSED Thread - See Within]