Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > im sick of being blocked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Genuine_Guy06
Msg: 1
im sick of being blockedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
im really giving upon this site the one girl im really interested in has blocked me for no reason! all i was trying to do was break the ice cause she seemed to looking for guy like me. but do i get a reply back? no! instead i get judged and blocked is this what this sites becoming cant break the ice just get judged and blocked someone tell me why im getting block and how can i prevent being blocked is there something wrong with my profile or something
 jujubean52
Msg: 2
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 12:59:28 PM
I certainly see no reason for you to be blocked before a chat but I do suggest that you take your interests out of the about me and list them in your interests box.
Separate the sentences, add 's and capitalize appropriately.
Take out the negative comments and the comments about getting played and blocked. they raise a red flag that something has ocurred in the past that you are still bitter about.
Add photos of you doing some of your interests.
The pictures speak louder than words theory.
 Genuine_Guy06
Msg: 3
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 1:06:56 PM
still im blocked and cant be unblocked i wish pof didnt have the blocked user thing cause i honestly thing some of the females on here like to use it overly
 SonnyMorris
Msg: 4
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 1:10:23 PM
Do you really want to talk to people who have blocked you though? I know i wouldnt.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 5
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 1:57:12 PM
Youre kidding right? you dont know why some women are blocking you?
man...look at your profile? unless your pictures are exceptional I can see why some women are blocking you.

Second, some women likes to block so they dont have to deal with you more than once, that's the way it is sport.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 6
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 5:23:16 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with those who commented on your lack of pics, and negative comments re: same.

MANY women (and men, too) just won't even read profiles without pics.

Get one or two or yourself with a nice smile that women would want to see. Then post them.

I also agree that your writing and punctuation need some work.

As for interests: If a man posts no interests other than cars and women and ESPECIALLY if he admits that he's a gamer -- I would run like the wind!

Post some interests that most women would want to do with you.
 Genuine_Guy06
Msg: 7
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 9:27:46 PM
really hmm took your guys advice geuss what still being blocked for no reason i think pof is just run by a bunch of little miss prisses now that are fricking stuck up ive had enough of this junk ass ****ing site
 You go first
Msg: 8
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/6/2011 10:13:30 PM
Once you calm down you may realize what a toddler you sound like. Instead of wondering what's wrong with her (or any of the other girls you wrote to who ignored you) why not make an effort to write a decent profile?

When you're ready to start again, get clear smiling photos. Do not put 'Women' as an interest, unless you want to attract a lesbian.

Write with punctuation and capitals so it looks like you gave a crap about how you presented yourself.

If you still want to quit, go for it. This is not McDating. You don't just drive up and order a redhead with a stop-traffic ass and great rack. You get what you put into it and it takes a lot of patience.

Girls don't block for 'no reason'. Usually it's because you've sent a weird message or won't take "no" for an answer. It may not be weird in your mind, but it was definitely 'off' to them. Again, if you want to start again with a new profile/pictures, come back to this forum for suggestions on wording or anything that may be missing. You just aren't helping yourself with the version you have now.
 privat33r
Msg: 9
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 4:57:43 AM
Lots of guys send tens of 1000s of notes. Many women are getting those thousands - easily 100 plus notes in one day. POF can be a burden if they can't get rid of dudes. Even with that guys will make new profiles and keep hassling them. They can only date or see a couple of guys, maybe chit-chat with half a dozen -- and often just aren't available. Its a dating site; they can be unavailable cause... they're dating.

I think there should be some more interim version of blocking. Something like "cool it for ten days", that could be an option for a "no not interested" response. As it is responding to an email with a "no" just makes the person available so we can see when they are online.
 Genuine_Guy06
Msg: 10
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 8:23:48 AM
yes what u said is true but ive noticed the area im in and most of the females in the area im in are very snobbish there looking for either a guy with money or a guy with looks take me for an exsample i aint no brad pitt but when i do strike interest in a girl ill msg them to try and break the ice with them. and pretty much 3/4 of the time i msg these certain girl i find myself on there block list for no reason at all like i make sure im polite msging them but i geuss its really not good enough for them heck i dont even think most of the females on this site use that chemistry page to help them find someone i know ive used it but same old story no reply or put on the block list i honestly would like to see pof change the site around i like the old version where u could see whos read your msg or whos the total biutch and just deleted it now u gotta pay for this site like come on if i wanted to be on a dating sate that u have to pay for ill go make an account on lavalife or eharmany
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 11
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 9:56:03 AM
If you're being blocked by a bunch of women there must be a reason, if you're sending emails like what you are posting with the grammatical errors , I can see why.

Guys like you have this entitlement attitude, just because you have a job, love your country, God and contribute to the economy doesn't mean every woman you find attractive should automatically pick you.

Your attitude blows dead bears man, Im not saying that to be mean, but its the vibe you're giving off.

Look....you've been told a few times, get better Pictures, re write your profile, make it exciting , intriguing.

Ive said this a hundred times , Good Pictures attracts viewers, Good profiles,bizarre, humorous , intriguing profiles invites responses, and the rest is up to you.

You have Zero,None, No, Zippo, bupkis,Less than zero confidence, and women see that, until you wake up and realize this, you will always be angry and bitter towards the site, the site works for plenty of guys who are not " Brad Pitts" or has money and lives in smaller towns that has more animals then people, or more swamp donkey's than attractive one.
 Maltese_CanadianGuy
Msg: 12
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 10:09:04 AM
I probably don't have a great profile myself, but I don't think this can help your chances.

"Everyone should get a fair chance why single someone out cause of there looks or their a little different, even tho we all are a little different in our own way! so why judge a person."

This makes you come off as someone that is a little insecure and desperate. Girls don't find lack of confidence attractive, and spot it a mile away. Also, use a spell check.
 psytle
Msg: 13
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 11:42:50 AM
One thing I've tried to implement with online dating is to treat online dating (particularly my profile) similar to the way I treat job interviews, because the goal is roughly the same in both instances: you are introducing yourself to an unknown entity in the hopes of pursuing a further relationship with them, be it employment (for a job interview) or a romantic relationship.

That means I take care to express myself clearly and distinctively, and I try to emphasize the things that I think the other party is looking for.

Would you respond to a job opening that you really, REALLY wanted with textspeak and runon sentences? I'm going to assume that you wouldn't. If you would take care to present yourself clearly in a professional manner to potential employers, why wouldn't you do the same for a woman you WANT to impress?

For the purposes of online dating, the way a person writes is just as important as how well they take pictures or how much they say they make in a year. Most women like a guy that can write in the way they were supposed to be taught in high school.

That is, with reasonable attention to punctuation, grammar, and spelling. And avoiding run on sentences. Heck, it's one of the things that this site encourages members to do when sending messages to someone. I'd suggest perusing and digesting this link at least once: http://www.plentyoffish.com/betterprofile.aspx

take me for an exsample i aint no brad pitt but when i do strike interest in a girl ill msg them to try and break the ice with them. and pretty much 3/4 of the time i msg these certain girl i find myself on there block list for no reason at all like i make sure im polite msging them but i geuss its really not good enough for them heck i dont even think most of the females on this site use that chemistry page to help them find someone i know ive used it but same old story no reply or put on the block list i honestly would like to see pof change the site around i like the old version where u could see whos read your msg or whos the total biutch and just deleted it now u gotta pay for this site like come on if i wanted to be on a dating sate that u have to pay for ill go make an account on lavalife or eharmany

Continuing the job interview analogy, rejection is just part of the game.

The most important thing to realize is that the party you are trying to impress is under no obligation to pursue what you are offering, whether it is your services as a potential employee to a company or a potential romantic relationship to a woman that you find attractive. Yeah, it hurts to realize this (at first), but the sooner this concept is realized the better.

That said, consistent rejection should be an indicator that the approach or presentation (or both) need to improved, whether it is interviewing for jobs or online dating.
 alexplainlater
Msg: 14
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 5:41:37 PM
blocking someone seems a bit much. well assuming youre not sending vulgar or any type of mean spirited or crazy sounding messages.

i was blocked a few times and i have no idea why either. all i did was send a nice messages trying to initiate a conversation with someone i felt i was compatible with and i get blocked.
seems like a bit of an overreaction. i mean just not getting a reply back or having the message deleted gets the message across that you dont want to talk to someone. Is it really necessary to block someone? i mean c'mon!
 privat33r
Msg: 15
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/7/2011 11:18:48 PM
when this popped up I tried asking my 3 year and firm gf what she thought,. and found she'd blocked me. Things are excellent- so I wondered. Apparently POF gods unilaterally decided to change "Talk/Email" to "Hangout"..

You never know... but just let it go. That's tuff but, there is hope.
 krusher74
Msg: 16
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/8/2011 5:24:28 AM
You really think an attitude like that will get you anywhere in life.
 PhoenixArt79
Msg: 17
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 4/8/2011 7:16:45 AM
Its worth mentioning that some people don’t understand how the viewed me feature works. They get confused between people appearing when they've viewed their profile and that bunch of people at the top that are just people that have come online recently. They keep seeing the same person appearing at the top, think they are constantly viewing their profile, and then block them. I'm pretty sure I've had that happen to me at-least once, because someone disappeared from my viewed me when I first started on this site.

And, because of the lack of body language, its easy for someone to take something that would be funny in the real world and take offence instead. Lack of body-language is a real problem with online dating, I find.
 OldSchoolTrueSchool
Msg: 18
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/12/2011 1:21:59 PM
Look I feel your pain but at the end of the day, no matter how, cool, educated, funny or full of personality you are. You are ultimately judged on your looks, at least on the internet. In all fairness us guys do the same thing to. It's difficult to maintain a relationship with someone you are not physically attracted to. You only hurt your chances by taking bad photos of yourself or being negative in a profile. Sometimes instead of even reading/deleting messages it easier on a girls end to just block that guy and remove all doubt. That is the nature of the beast and you gotta have tough skin.
 Dittohead_213
Msg: 19
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:55:26 PM
Well you seem like a cool dude but you happen to be a little too foward or make any messages the least bit suggestive? There are plenty of fish on this site and most are total ****es. Thats why they blocked you. F*cking ****es!!!

Oh by the way, Trailer Park Boys is the best show in your country man!!!!
 nebafish
Msg: 20
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 8:02:19 AM
I have been also blocked often after sending just one friendly message to break the ice. No reply just get blocked. I don't get why people can't just reply "thanks but not interested"?
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 21
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 8:32:36 AM
Without going WAY off topic, I wanted to put out there that I block people all the time...BUT only because of the "little green online now dot" that tells me when every single guy that has messaged me in the past 20 days is online now. The only way to get rid of the green dot is to block the messesenger.

Its sucks, I know. But its no reason to get your panties in a wad.

I also block people who use the word "sex" or "sexy" in their first message because of the "ick factor".
 4asongkc
Msg: 22
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 10:07:38 AM
As our esteemed colleague, psytle, correctly stated, you are interviewing for a job. You need to approach this as though you were doing just that. You need to spell, and punctuate correctly. You're not going to get taken seriously until you do.

As far as your interests, "Non-judging" women is sinking your cause right away. Because you are automatically coming off as embittered, and/or defensive. Another turn-off for a female, and understandably so.

Whatever you're angry about, let it go, brother. It's the ball and chain around your foot. Food for thought.
 4asongkc
Msg: 23
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 10:17:11 AM
One other thing: just remember that even if you do everything right, some ladies are going to ignore you or write you off just the same. It's not personal. It could be that they certainly don't want to hurt you, but as a stranger, don't feel morally obligated to extend you a courteous rejection.

On the other hand, if they're cold in a rude sort of way, when you did nothing to bring that on, then their rejection will say more about them than it ever will about you. In which case, they might have just done you a favor. "Sometimes, not getting what you want can be a wonderful stroke of luck." -Dali Lahma. Food for thought.
 nebafish
Msg: 24
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 1:03:39 PM
I can understand the "ick" factor making people block you but it would be nice to know what you are doing to make people go "ick!"
 getanet
Msg: 25
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:48:31 PM
Well, if you sound as angry and desperate as you do in this thread, I can only imagine what "breaking the ice" consists of. You seem fairly "stalker-esqe" without having even met her? Hopefully a woman who finds you interesting NEVER reads this thread or you are SUNK.
Lighten up. Take some pics of yourself. And don't read into anything too much until you actually have met someone and are communicating (in a reciprocal manner, I might add.)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > im sick of being blocked