Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The obligatory 'tit shot'...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lolmatt
Msg: 1
The obligatory 'tit shot'...Page 1 of 1    
Seriously, I don't understand why some women have this on their profile. You all know what picture I'm talking about. The one where they're bent over, showing off their cleavage as if to say 'Hey, I have no self respect, look at my breasts!'.

It's degrading, so, why do it?
 Cool_November
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The obligatory 'tit shot'...
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:27:33 PM
What are you, gay?Cant you just enjoy a nice tit shot and shut up?
 lolmatt
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:32:38 PM
More bored than gay.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:36:12 PM
IMO some women do not have the self esteem to know that they can attract a guy without the cleavage shots. They feel like they need to flaunt what nature gave them to get a man's attention. Sad really. BTW- nothing wrong with calling them what they are- breasts. ;)
 JD4Real29
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:39:52 PM
Maybe tit shots are to POF like duckface is to MySpace?
 lolmatt
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:40:02 PM
Thank you for the honest response. I did call them breasts in my mocking imitation. I shall endeavor to use proper terminology in the future.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:47:21 PM
It has nothing to do with a lack of self-respect. After paying four grand for those puppies, they're proud of them, so of course they want men to look at them. The lewd comments from some men are where many of these women draw the line, however. It's okay to look at them, but it's apparently not okay to tell her she has a "nice rack".
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 8:58:28 PM
Degrading? Obligatory? Mammary Glands?

I've seen a LOT of profiles, and a fair number of the kind of photos of which you speak, and I can testicle, I mean testify, that not even ONCE, did the woman who posted it say she felt OBLIGATED to post it, nor did any of them say anywhere in their profiles that lacked self respect. In fact, I've generally found that women who are happy about being sexual beings, tend to have plenty of self respect. The ones who hide from their own bodies are the ones more likely to have confidence issues. Just a vague observation, though, not a scientific study.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/18/2011 9:03:25 PM
And then there are the ones who have the blatant boob and butt shots and they are upset when too many men message them looking for sex or just to comment on thier stuff - if a womans pictures are shouting Hey look at my stuff!! - men may be inclined to think its fairly easy to attain.

johnnylange
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 10:00:45 PM
It's kind of like those who purposely include the camera in the picture with themselves. Like they're trying to start a new photography trend, by saying "Hey I stood in front of a mirror and took a bad picture of myself!"

Why not get someone to take a better picture of you? You're selling yourself on here, gotta look your best right?
 Silent Steel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 10:19:09 PM
It will chap my azz if all the women on this site start posting pictures of them wearing turtle necks because of this OP.

Women know that guys are visual. We know that we are visual. Apparently the only one who does not know this, is you.
 ReBluez
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2011 10:25:26 PM
Are these the same women who say "HEY!! My eyes are up here!!"

Bluez
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2011 10:52:51 PM
I like the ones where they purposely wear a thin slip or spaghetti strap top in day-glow colors, then stand in the freezer door for 10 minutes before taking the photo. If you adjust the contrast on your computer screen, you can make out Olympus Mons in startling detail.

...just sayin'....
 Helen0426
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2011 11:36:49 PM
I don't really get it either, but the site does have this nifty feature whereby you can just go look at another profile if the current one on view doesn't appeal to you.

Okay, snark aside, I do get it, but you're going to be as bored by the reason as you are by the same kinds of photos over and over. Because you probably already know it anyway.

It's insecurity. Looking for attention due to specifically sexual physical attributes indicates an unwillingness or inability to believe that there's any other reason for potential dates to find one interesting.

You seem intelligent, you write well, you get that it's degrading, so I think you knew that, you just wanted to complain. Fair enough... IMO, everyone should get one "I just wanna b tch for a minute here" post.

There's a lot about online dating that's great, and there's a roughly equal amount about it that sucks, so I think it's okay to b tch a little sometimes.

Aside, I strongly recommend that you make a visit here:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx

and ask for opinions. Some will be harsh, but a lot will be helpful.
 Ailliss
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/19/2011 2:45:24 AM

The one where they're bent over, showing off their cleavage as if to say 'Hey, I have no self respect, look at my breasts!'.

Not all think it is degrading and probably it is more that these photos are not in good taste. Most persons present what they think are their best photos; sometimes those include low-cut tops. Are all photos that show breasts distasteful to you?
 abelian
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/19/2011 3:07:54 AM

The one where they're bent over, showing off their cleavage as if to say 'Hey, I have no self respect, look at my breasts!'.

Not if they have nice tits.

My guess is that this is your way of rationalizing not being able to get dates with those women.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 3:10:07 AM
The post the pics like that on here because when they are out and about men look at thier boobies so they figure why not use the same hook online. Seriously...men like boobies...Im surprised you dont know that.

These pics do the job, they get messages. May not all be hearts and flowers in the messages, but they get messages.

If someones profile doesnt appeal to you, just know it appeals to others, and move along to the ones you actually do enjoy.

It says alot about someones personality and how they spend thier time that they would post about something that has no meaning to thier life and is very negative. Ill take a boobie over a negative Ned anyday. lol
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/19/2011 4:51:32 AM
The one where they're bent over, showing off their cleavage as if to say 'Hey, I have no self respect, look at my breasts!'

but if one's self-respect is fully invested in the absolutely compelling influence of the obligatory tit-shot on the average male retina, then i don't really think there's a self-respect problem until one no longer has the persuasive visual means by which one obtains one’s own sense of self-respect vis a vis the average male retina. i personally wouldn't frame my own sense self-respect in that particular way -- it seems cheap and banal and too easy -- but then again i have a real fuck-you attitude about influence peddlers in general and men's superficial opinions about me in particular, and don't see too many people lining up for my advice. i have other ways of being superficial, like psychoanalyzing other people while they're being superficial. if you've got it, flaunt it? put your money where your mouth is? that's hot? meh.

here is a general rule that applies to just about anything any human being will ever do in this life: "what's the most i can get for the least amount of effort?" think about it. if a man's attention is what a woman wants, and if all it takes for a woman to get a guy's attention is to wave her titties in his face, why wouldn't she? say hello to the puppies! we have no self-respect but you keep staring at the cleavage?
 scottey63
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 5:04:24 AM
OP, I wonder if you live under a rock and take your school courses online. There are women everywhere, in college, the office, the mall, the grocery store, clubs and restaurants, wearing clothes that show them off. And you're complaining about it on a dating site?
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 5:20:02 AM
Mmmm...Face Book boob pics.
Where's this thread been all my life.
Love em.
As a matter of fact, I've been trying to get the woman who posted message 18 to post a boob shot for over a year now.
I'll still respect her in the morning!
 hegs
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/19/2011 5:33:29 AM
you sound like a creeepy old man brah, get out ...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The obligatory 'tit shot'...