Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > What do the green dots next to inbox mean? [THREAD Closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MbgFire2067
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do the green dots next to inbox mean? [THREAD Closed]Page 1 of 1    
I have two users with green dots next to their name right next to My Inbox. One has a red CHAT next to the green button. Does this mean the person wants to chat with me? There are no messages currently in my inbox either. I'm confused and haven't seen anything in the FAQ and I really don't have the time to read through the hundreds of posts already here. Thanks!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 2
What do the green dots next to inbox mean?
Posted: 6/7/2011 7:50:50 PM
Learn how to do a thread search; easier than scrolling through the lists. The following is a copy/paste job done from the thread directly below yours:

"The green dot beside a user's name above your list of messages indicates that at some point this person messaged you and that they are currently online. This does not mean that you have a current message from this person; only at some point they did send you one. The green dot will disappear after 20 - 30 days of no contact."

The red "Chat" simply indicates that the user has their IM enabled. It is not a request for a chat with you, nor does it indicate that they are busy chatting with some one else.

Hope this helps you out. And in future, if you want to do a thread search, enter topic words (in this case, "green dot red chat" or some such combination) in to the search space at the top of every forum. Then choose the forum in which you want the search to be conductive in the drop down box right beside where you've entered thos topcial search words, then press "Search". It's a bit easier than swimming through pages and pages of threads.
 MbgFire2067
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2011 7:52:41 PM
Thanks for the information. I tried a couple of different searches and didn't come up with a good answer. I have found that forum searches tend to be a futile endeavor in most forums. Thanks again!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/7/2011 8:08:04 PM
The thread searches are good for cutting down on redundancy, more so in the open forums than in the plentyoffish site/suggestion/help area, but at least try. You'll never know what you might come up with.

And again, some times the search of the subject title leaves much to be desired. People can put everything and everything in their subject line, including misspellings.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/7/2011 8:59:20 PM
If you search for forums by the title " green dots" you will come up with three threads including yours the second was deleted as redundant and I am sure yours will be as well. Hope that helps.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2011 3:28:36 AM

I have found that forum searches tend to be a futile endeavor in most forums.
Then you are generally searching to specific. Try WIDENING your search and not being so specific. Or try a diffeent way to say the same thing.

if you want to know what to write in a email here.

Try "first contact" and "first message" etc...

For your question searching for "dots" found your question answered many times.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > What do the green dots next to inbox mean? [THREAD Closed]