Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Brokenheart from Stanley cup loss      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr_Hoang
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Brokenheart from Stanley cup lossPage 1 of 1    
How can I recover from this? The vancouver canucks are my favorite team. I love this team to death. I don't know what I would do without them. We have been together for 10+ years. I rarely miss a game. We went so far only to lose it all in the end. Such disapointment. I almost brokedown in tears yesterday.
What can I do to get over this? I can't just go out and get a new team. It might take all summer to get over.

Please do not delete this thread.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 2
Brokenheart from Stanley cup loss
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:11:41 PM
get over it, your team blows dead bears
You have a coach that cant coach
You have star players that were missing in action
A goalie that is overrated

So get over it they suck.
The best team won.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:32:29 PM
Yes the best team won. I was rooting for the Canucks but they just did not earn it. Luongo is over rated and over paid. He is great when he is on and a sieve when he is not. The problem is you never know which Luongo is going to show up. Tim Thomas outplayed Luongo in every game in that series and is a big part of the reason why Boston won. I think Boston also had more heart in that series and wanted it more.

If you find yourself sinking into desperation just repeat these words - It's only a game....It's only a game....It's only a game.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:34:45 PM
As I said in the other broken hearted thread, the Canucks skated like blind snowshoe wearing chipmunks after the first goal. It was their game to lose and they did it spectacularly.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:47:47 PM
Get a girlfriend!
 leanco
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 10:44:26 PM
Come on, there is always next season, it's not the end of the world!

Look, I've also followed the Canucks for many years and rarely miss a game too, so I am as big a fan as you are. Am I disappointed? You bet! But you gotta put things into perspective. They have had a fantastic season and took it all the way to Game-7 of the SCF, so there is no shame in that. Be thankful for a very entertaining season and show a bit of grace for the victorious Boston Bruins. They were the better team and were very deserving of the win.

But do you not remember what happened last year? Timmy Thomas was playing so poorly that Tuukka Rask had to start! During the EC final, the Bruins went up 3-0 over the Philadelphia Flyers, only to see the Flyers stormed back to force Game-7. And in the first period of Game-7, The B's was up 3-0, only to watch in horror as The Flyers scored 4 unanswered goal to complete the comeback. That kind of epic meltdown was very humiliating, but look at where they are now? So the moral of the story is, even champs have to eat a lot of crow before they finally figure out how to win. I am not saying that the Canucks will win next year. They may, or they may not, who knows? But if you are a true fan, you take the bad with the good. The Canucks have had a wonderful season, they beat 3 very good teams and almost won it all. Be glad that they have had their shot and only missed by one win.

So you gotta take a step back and put everything into perspective. It's a game that we as fans are very passionate about, but it is still just a game. Now that the season is over, go out and enjoy summer. While you're at it, go get laid too.
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/16/2011 11:46:21 PM
Follow the Oilers! With the way they have been playing the past couple of years...you won't have anything to be heartbroken about. Chances of them even getting to the playoffs is rarer than finding an alligator in the toilet.

No playoffs = no heartbreak

Lol
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:25:09 AM

get over it, your team blows dead bears
You have a coach that cant coach
You have star players that were missing in action
A goalie that is overrated

So get over it they suck.
The best team won.

^^^Leafs fan.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/17/2011 6:06:56 AM
Leaf fan??? oh hell No
Never been a Leaf fan, never will be a Leaf Fan I rather eat a bucket of Fried Chicken at KFC then to root for the Leafs, If the Leafs ever made it to the Stanley cup ( I cant believe I actually said that) I would cheer for the other team.
 ausirish
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:37:42 AM
haha good answer
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:10:48 PM
OP, unless your livelihood is directly tied to the Canucks, it IS just a game. If you find another team to root for because yours lost the Cup final, what kind of fan would you be?

My Penguins lost to the Wings in 2008 and came back in 2009 to beat them. There's always next year.
 seafea0
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 6:26:08 PM
Have you tried tipping over any cars? I hear this helps.

You're welcome :)
 Puppydog54
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/23/2011 4:02:36 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan so I can - sort of - understand your disappointment. But truthfully... when I think of the dear friend I recently lost to lung cancer... or my other friend who is battling breast cancer... or when I read about the horrible atrocities occuring in every part of the earth... it's a little hard to muster up much sympathy for those such as you who get THAT upset over what is, after all, a game.
 pinkoleander
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/24/2011 3:44:30 PM
Break up time. Lakers! Your heart will never be broken again. I sent a friend in Trois-Rivieres a Lakers championship t-shirt, he loves them now.
 scottey63
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 6:50:43 AM
It's a dating site. Were you dating the Vancouver Canucks?

If you post a comment on a dating site about a hockey team breaking your heart, I'd say you need to get a life.
 forums1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 7:10:43 AM
I'd suggest following the "no contact" rule with the team that broke your heart, its discussed in a very long thread on this very forum. The basic strategy is that you stop any contact with the team, stop watching news about them, avoid discussions about them, tell your friends you don't want to hear about them - and if they continue to talk about them, avoid them and get new friends...

... at some point down the line you'll discover that your unhealthy attachment to the team has faded away, and might even start finding yourself open/attracted to a *new* team, with far better qualities than you old team, and you can start moving on with your life.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Brokenheart from Stanley cup loss