Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What happens when you block someone? [THREAD Closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 karma1160
Msg: 1
What happens when you block someone? [THREAD Closed]Page 1 of 1    
I have this situation right now, 3 weeks ago, I declined to date someone, because he was too far away, so then he sent me a letter stating he would do all the driving.
I ignored him, because I basically do not want anyone camping out on my doorstep when I am trying to figure out if they are right for me.
So he sent me letters telling me how he would like me to respond to him, if we met.
It was pretty much all sexual not so much in perversity, but rather just on and on saying the same things several times, about what he would like, and I guess it kind of freaked me out. I told him straight out that I was looking to build something with someone slowly.
So I told him we were not a good match.
He just emailed me 8 times in 15 minutes tonight and has filled up my personal account to the point where I had to log on and tell him again. I had to find an old email to finally block him, which i don't really understand.
So my question is: when you block someone are they notified that you blocked them?

Thanks
Msg: 2
What happens when you block someone?
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:27:39 PM
no, not until they try and send u a message and sees they are blocked. but who cares, they guy sounds like a moron, he SHOULD know he's been blocked.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:30:35 PM
I think karma has taken this off PoF; an email address from another carrier (at least that's how I read it).

OT

I've googled a few things and I haven't come across any email carrier that informs someone that they've been blocked when sending an email.

Can you google your carrier and see if they have a help forum or FAQs? Might be nice for your peace of mind.

But please, stay safe.

edit to add: After reading your post again OP, I'm confused: Why did you have to use an older email address to block him? Don't you want to block him from the email address that he's sending messages to?
 Indenial
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:46:07 PM
When you block some one they are not informed of this matter, they will not be able to send msg's under thier present nic name but they can start a new profile and start the whole thing over again till you block them again.
If you give them a personal e-mail address, all you have to do is mark their mail as a phishing scam and they will get sent to your junk mail box till they get bored and go play some wher else.
You should not nor do you have to put up with simple minded individuals that do not play nice.

Hope this helps....
 karma1160
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:46:53 PM
This person is from Pof, but I get notifications in my personal email address/service subscriber that I have a new email from Pof. He does not have my personal email address, or my phone number.
So my personal email which comes from my local subsciber is filling up and I am trying to sift through my regular email.
This usually doesn't happen, because I only recieve like maybe 6 emails a day and the max and I can just read, answer and delete.
I just think that their are too many emails from one person, who I have told I do not want to date, and gave him specific reasons, but he refuses to believe my reasons WTH?
 karma1160
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:52:41 PM
Thanks Indenial, I just don't want any drama, this is supposed to be fun.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:57:02 PM
I'm totally confused. I'm sure I had enough coffee today, but perhaps not.

If your personal email is filling up with notifications of mail from PoF, you can either send all such messages directly to your junk folder to be deleted automatically (of course then you'll miss PoF notifications from other users as well) or click on "Edit Profile", "Mail Settings" and select "No" for notifications of new messages.

And as the other users have said, when you block someone on PoF, he will be informed when he tries to send another message.
 cardesi
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:09:45 PM
yes it does say user does not wish to except or something and dont feel bad!!! if he emailed you like that! he cant and wont take no for a answer and i would bet you are not the only one that has blocked him! when you said mailed him you did not give him your address people like him find these things out first for controll never give out your address or home phone number...
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:38:25 PM
I think it will tell them you blocked them but only when they try to contact you again. What I like is that all their email goes away when you block them, buh-bye pain in the butt, sucks to be you.

But if you want to keep the email, then you better copy it an paste some place else. Me, I'm glad to see it gone.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2011 4:15:32 AM
Here's what I found in the tech/help section on this:

I logged on today but, not only is there no mail from her in my in-box, all previous mail from her - but not from other people

All Inbox Messages gone, but Sent Msg Messages present = You E-Mail Blocked them

All Sent Msg Messages gone, but Inbox Messages present = they E-Mail Blocked You

All Inbox Messages present, but User Name removed = User deleted Account.

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = User deleted by the Admin

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = Flushed by the System after 20 Days

Read Mail in Inbox has disappeared = They appear after all the "Unread" ones.

Notification but no E-Mail in Inbox = Refresh Browser Page / Hold , hit F5

Sent Msg disappeared = Contact Restrictions and/or Profile or User Errors.

Note especially that when you block someone, THEY lose all of their SENT messages TO YOU. So, if this guy does check his sent messages, he MIGHT figure out he's been blocked.

I don't get why it matters though, that he does or doesn't know. I've seen how some people write in the forums, wailing about how they lost the ability to reach someone (blocked), and they are SO SURE that it was a mistake, so clearly whether someone knows they are blocked or not, wont necessarily make them give up and move on.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2011 4:24:25 AM
if you block him all his messages to you are deleted and he may not contact you again. He will receive a notice if he attempts to contact ya that you are not accepting messages from him. Just block him on his next message. Thats what it is for.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What happens when you block someone? [THREAD Closed]