Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Stats for POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AeroAsh
Msg: 1
Stats for POF?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey fellow fishies,

Does any know / have a source for user stats on POF? Sex ratios, average user activity, message sent/received ratios, etc.

Sorry if this is a common question, looked around breifly and couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Ash
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/2/2011 7:23:14 PM
Have you thought about asking the guy in charge?

Bigfish
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=778
POF site Admin//Creator vancouver, British Columbia
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 3
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/2/2011 10:10:38 PM
This took about 2 seconds to find on Google:
http://www.datingsitesreviews.com/staticpages/index.php?page=Plenty-of-Fish-Statistics-Facts-History

or this one:
http://www.welcometodating.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=280
You might enjoy the second site more

Plentyoffish.com , a free online dating site with over 10 million registered users, has recently released data that promiscuity among women has doubled since 2004.
 nipoleon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 3:26:15 AM

Plentyoffish.com , a free online dating site with over 10 million registered users, has recently released data that promiscuity among women has doubled since 2004.

Great.... some guy got laid twice in the last 6 years.
 inthroughtheoutdoor
Msg: 5
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 7:41:21 AM

Considering that the owner of POF started a thread entitled "Women who smoke are far more promiscuous" ( http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8964656.aspx ), I'm not surprised to see that "data" showing an (alleged) increase in promiscuity among women is being released by POF. Oh come y'all and get laid with our easy and oh so slutty wimmins it seems to say.

Personally though, it's not what gets under my skin - what gets me is some people constantly trying to pass false or incomplete information or "data" as facts. I'm no expert but simple logic tells me that: (just because) most heroin users smoke, not all smokers are/become heroin users.

I am saddenned by the fact that (most) kids are not taught how to think critically in school and I've made it my personal crusade to teach both my kids and grand-daughter the basics of critical thinking. I see the results of lack of critical thinking skills on here every day ie: one wo/man did me wrong, a friend of a friend's wo/man did him wrong = ALL wo/men are evil.

Or some people will quote one study or a part of a study or even worse, an "expert's" personal opinion, as fact, often leaving out other pertinent information that doesn't support their agenda. One of my favorite example of faulty logic or fallacious reasoning is one I read on Wiki I believe and it goes something like this:
- more rapes are committed during the summer
-more ice-cream is eaten during the summer
= (therefore) eating ice-cream = rape

Anyway, is there any "truth" to the claim that women who smoke are more promiscuous or that the promiscuity among women has doubled since 2004? Who knows? And really, who cares? If POF wants to publish "data" that portrays their female members as promiscuous in the hopes of attracting more males I imagine, then hey, more power to them. I don't have to agree with or respect their decision but I know where the door is and my sluttly promiscuous azz is free to leave at any time.

/ off

*Cowboy*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 8:18:56 AM
The number of profiles indicates staggering growth the last couple years.

From 10 million to over 32 million now. Thats pretty crazy numbers.

Cowboy
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 7
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 9:18:56 AM
Three years ago, men who were looking for intimate encounters online outnumbered women 10 to 1. Now, the ratio is only 5 to 1.
While these stats may be true, how you interpret them is the issue. This statistic does not mean that " promiscuity among women has doubled since 2004."
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 8
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 10:58:42 AM

This is well known in the dating industry that women who smoke are more promiscuous and many sites try and target women based on that especially adult dating sites.

try and target? o'rilly

. . and then he 'wented' on to give the stats, just so we's know the realz facts, as for
the profiler counter and the huge increase, i doubt it takes [away] the bi-polar
deletes that re-join after having a pee . .

*count me as a non smoking promiscuous slutty type who likes to oogle male torso
shots (apparently theys perverted) and not ugly painted chick toes O_O
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 9
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:34:57 AM

Great.... some guy got laid twice in the last 6 years.

hah. There was some story on the news the other day about how STDs in the over 25 age group are up and "they" attribute some of that to just that..."promiscuity among women has doubled since 2004."
I'm not saying I agree or not, just saying that's what I heard on the news a few nights ago.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 10
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:20:58 PM
^^^This relates to another thread entitled "The ripple effect." Someone states a statistic and interprets what that statistic means as a fact, when, in reality it is an interpretation and very possibly a flawed interpretation. But, it has been stated as fact, and then someone else latches on to that 'fact' and makes another claim of cause and effect. Both claims are skyscrappers built on quicksand.
 AeroAsh
Msg: 11
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/6/2011 4:45:55 PM
Hm. So no one on really has a clue, then?
 ToThySelf
Msg: 12
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:15:25 PM

Sorry delayed reaction ... "teach a man to fish" - a perfect ending! (Does he want massage parlor ads too?!)
 cotter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:52:16 PM

Sorry if this is a common question, looked around breifly and couldn't find anything.
alexa.com
site stats/demographics?
knock yourself out.

….teach a man to fish, ah well wishful thinking anyway.
Hmmmm ... do you suppose he knows how to copy a link and paste it?

I personally can't imagine needing to know such things in order to participate on a dating site.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/7/2011 4:43:46 AM
Statistics are like a bikini in what they reveal is interesting...what they conceal, vital.
 Natgoat
Msg: 15
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/25/2011 10:46:43 AM
We're just proud to have found a genuinely FREE site that lets us contact other members, chat, Forum and have a Great amount of Fun
when So many others charge anywhere from $10 to $35 for One Lousy Month...
with No guarantees....other than being billed for the next cycle...!!!
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 16
Stats for POF?
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:05:14 AM
Ash, if you're still reading this thread, here is one of those times in life when it's better to sit back and enjoy the show.
POF is a great website, and I myself got laid once. (I guess that woman didn't read the boss's memo on promiscuity.)
Meet somebody nice, have some fun, and don't worry about the numbers.
 VikVikVik
Msg: 17
Stats for POF?
Posted: 1/4/2012 12:20:41 PM
What are you a stalker?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 18
Stats for POF?
Posted: 1/4/2012 12:46:13 PM

Does any know / have a source for user stats on POF? Sex ratios, average user activity, message sent/received ratios, etc.

Yep, lots of them.

One being the owner of this sites blog, as he from time to time will post stats and information related to online dating sites.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:02:31 PM
G**gle up a site called quantcast.

I would distrust any stats provided by the site operator as self interested, and most of those so-called dating site reviews are mainly puffery. And I won't speculate as to what their puffing on.
 Welsh474
Msg: 20
Stats for POF?
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:46:58 PM
And of the 32 million signed up - how many are long gone and haven't deleted their profile and how many haven't been on here in 6 months or more? The numbers lie. You can screw up the "facts" and "data" quite easily.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:21:20 PM
and how many have more than one account
 organicquestionmark
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:23:36 AM
This post has been dug up from the deep.............but I'm curious as to why statistics would matter to anyone?!

Do POF "statistics" really matter to you? And if so, why?
 NonamousDog
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:50:03 AM
organic,

You seem to be suggesting that no one should be curious about some of the claims made for POF.

I don't know about 'really mattering', BUT, if you knew that a dating website had only a few male members in your age range, and that most of them lived on the other side of the world from you, would you spend much time on it? Or wouldn't those statistics matter to you?
 organicquestionmark
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Stats for POF?
Posted: 6/22/2012 12:05:57 PM
^^^^I'm not "suggesting" anything! I asked a pretty straightforward question.

Supposed "stats" make no difference to me whatsoever! Like anything in life.......if it is stops being fun, I stop being part of it!

I'm not suggesting whether or not you should or shouldn't be curious. Be whatever you want to be!

I'm asking WHY would it matter to you if you're having fun with it? And if you're not............why are staying? Because of the "stats"?
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 25
Stats for POF?
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:43:37 PM
Hm. So no one on really has a clue, then?

True, including you.. A.D.

From years of experience here, some educated guesses are:

Sex ratio- male 4-1 female. So ya gotta try even harder still to impress the few than in real life...

Average user activity- Initial average users log on several times per day for first year, then tapers off to about once per day.

Sent/received ratio- Males 30 sent to 1 received. Average females 2 sent to 63.33 received per week.

Anythin else we can help you with? Gotta go jump in my moon rover this evenin, catch ya tomorrow..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Stats for POF?