Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > does your sex drive decrease with age, cause we dont have as much as      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImAngelcake13185
Msg: 1
does your sex drive decrease with age, cause we dont have as much as anymore....what do you think?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So I went over my boyfriends house last night. I'm 26 and he's 38 btw. Were laying in bed, relaxing and watching tv. I wanted to have sex And was tired of waiting for him to initiate it, so I decided to. so I wore a sexy bra and panty set under my clothes and basically still, he didn't initiate sex or jump all over me.

I know he works in the heat all day and its been about 100 everday this week. So I'm hoping he's jut not in the mood cause he's beat. We see eachother 2 to 3 times a week. I like to have sex most of the time when we see eachother. I'm wondering what's changed lately that he doesn't wanna have sex, jump all over me and initiate. I sooo tired of feeling rejected and having to initaite and do all the work in bed. We used to have good sex and a lot of it, but lately as far as I'm concerned our sex has gone downhill.

What do you think is going on? Guys Is there ever Reason you don't wanna have sex? What advice do you have? How many times a week have u had sex with ur sig. Other? Thanks
 goodquestion
Msg: 2
view profile
History
does your sex drive decrease with age, cause we dont have as much as anymore....what do you think?
Posted: 7/22/2011 5:10:14 AM
So I went over my boyfriends house last night. I'm 26 and he's 38 btw.

We see eachother 2 to 3 times a week. I like to have sex most of the time when we see eachother.

Why does it say in your profile you live together and the above question say's other wise. I think we should start from a base line if you are looking for true accurate advice.
 MsMicki
Msg: 3
view profile
History
does your sex drive decrease with age, cause we dont have as much as anymore....what do you think?
Posted: 7/22/2011 5:30:35 AM
Works outside in the 100 degree heat and you expect him to have energy leftover everynight to make love to you?

Putting on a pretty bra and panties in "initiating" sex??

How about morning sex when he's not so worn out........and......
how about you actually do something besides just show up in a pretty bra?
 Kitten189
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/22/2011 6:04:44 AM
Maybe he's pissed that you're on a Dating Site listing yourself as "single" and looking for someone Longterm..........................just sayin'.

Other than that,ive no clue.

Maybe ask him.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 6:08:42 AM
Haha, I see you removed the profile picture with the guy in it and changed your profile.

So, I guess this lame guy who can't satisfy you is toast.

It seems as if you have some growing up to do. Other human beings are not just there to gratify our every desire as soon as it arises. They have their own feelings and needs, which may at times conflict with our own.

That's where communication comes in. But as long as you're in a mindset where you end every relationship at the first sign of not being instantly gratified, you don't have much hope of finding anything lasting and worthwhile.
 Revilors
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/22/2011 6:08:56 AM

So I went over my boyfriends house last night. I'm 26 and he's 38 btw. Were laying in bed, relaxing and watching tv. I wanted to have sex And was tired of waiting for him to initiate it, so I decided to. so I wore a sexy bra and panty set under my clothes and basically still, he didn't initiate sex or jump all over me.

I know he works in the heat all day and its been about 100 everday this week. So I'm hoping he's jut not in the mood cause he's beat. We see eachother 2 to 3 times a week. I like to have sex most of the time when we see eachother. I'm wondering what's changed lately that he doesn't wanna have sex, jump all over me and initiate. I sooo tired of feeling rejected and having to initaite and do all the work in bed. We used to have good sex and a lot of it, but lately as far as I'm concerned our sex has gone downhill.

Work is what he does during the day in the 100 degree weather. Sex, love and intimacy is a whole different kind of thing. It takes work. But not in the "chores" kind of perspective.

Guys Is there ever Reason you don't wanna have sex? What advice do you have? How many times a week have u had sex with ur sig. Other? Thanks

Yeah...sure there is. Like when I'm working for my boss in 100 degree weather and has the same expectations of performance from me as when it is cool and dry. When my boss takes no consideration of the added weight and burden the stifling heat has on my body and is only interested in my continued production. And when my boss comes to the job site wearing a bra and panties and does nothing else to pitch in or motivate.

And then I have to get up in the morning and go to work.

Maybe the felt it was less "work" to jack off in the shower. It was the only thing providing him comfort in the heat.
 goodquestion
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 6:54:49 AM
Haha, I see you removed the profile picture with the guy in it and changed your profile.

I also see the profile pictures have been changed as well from my first post where I picked up on it right away. I don't know if the guy is toast but something is not right here or someone does not want someone else to know something.
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:04:22 AM
It's hot outside.
In fact I ended up with heat stroke the other day.
Do you really think that I would want sex with heat stroke?

You are still young my dear and have a lot of maturing to do.

btw ... from your last thread ...

I only logged on to here to get some advice and will delete my profle shortly after I get some help.

You don't seem particularly in sync with this guy, and the age difference is quite large.
I believe the mentality/maturity level must be also.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:10:19 AM
Rather than going over there expecting him to do something for you, why don't you show how much you care for him... a massage would be nice if he's been physically working all day... a nice dinner... plenty of smiles...

Being loving in general is the best way to initiate intimacy (maybe sex, maybe not), not feeling pouty because he doesn't perform as you were hoping.
 GypsyEyes50
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:11:37 AM
A few days ago, you'd only been dating this guy for a MONTH. Then, you were posting asking if he was cheating on you. Now, you're posting that he is leaving much to be desired in bed, and you feel sex has gone downhill (again, in a MONTH old relationship????). Photo of you & guy goes up, profile is not single/not looking. Picture of guy poofs and you're back to single...even as you post this thread...

I think you'd best put the poor man out of his misery and take yourself and your drama needs elsewhere....he has his hands full already, what with working in the heat. No need from him to keep going from the fire to the frying pan.... LoL!

In addition, the heading of your post, wondering if sex decreases w/ age, as it has decreased during the time of your relationship....hmmm, would only make sense if you'd been together over yrs (you know, so "aging" could have taken place.) A month? Not so much.
 bilby886
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:17:32 AM
Well as some of the "ol silver-backs" of this humble forum would say...

"I might not be as good as I once was, but
I 'll be good once as I ever was!"

OutMind
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:25:45 AM
I don't think your question has anything to do with age, but with expectations and lifestyles.

You want more sex out of this guy? You are going to have to try something different. Initiate some times. Do it in the morning.

Also realize that this guy may be rather simple when it comes to these things. He wants to get home, eat dinner and watch a baseball game and go to sleep.

The best thing you can do is talk to him. Ask him what does he like? How often does he like it? The real number, because guys can tell you, yeahh, every day, then when they get it every day, they start to withdraw because it losses the sense of adventure and it becomes too routine. So get a real number. Then point blank ask him, if he is interested in ALSO pleasing you. What would he think is fair that HE should do? Make him come up with his own ideas. Ask him also, what is his fantasies (within the monogamous relationship).

For instance, my ex liked me to have multiple orgasms, but after one orgasm, I had to wait. It didn't happened instantly, so eventually she discovered that if she talked to me and told me of the different places we could go and do it, suddenly I got an erection. Weird, but it worked. She then got what she wanted.

Also be aware that SEX is the Canary in the coal mine. Many times when the sex is going downhill is not because of the sex, or lack of attraction, but rather that there are other emotional needs that are not being met in other areas.
 bilby886
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:29:10 AM
last time I was in a coal mine listening to to a canary I nearly busted a "vein"
 TDH49
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:13:16 AM

She only put the picture of of the guy after the forum called her on having a active dating profile while claiming to be in a exclusive relationship. She also said she planned on deleting said profile after her thread was done. Well it looks like she decided to stop pretending and keep her profile but delete the guy instead. Hopefully she will find a more rigid guy next time.
 oldsoul_new1911
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:28:28 AM

What do you think is going on?

Maybe he has things going on in his life.
Maybe he is tired.
Maybe he realizes you are feeling rejected, which makes him feel guilty, which makes him not want to have sex, which makes him reject you, which makes you feel rejected, which makes him feel more guilty, etc..

Maybe you play too many games or are too passive aggressive. I mean you initiated sex by wearing matching underwear? Ooooh, you bold vixen you.

Maybe it seems to him all you want to do is have sex, and that's not all he wants to do, so he is feeling used for sex and is playing his own game to see if you want anything more.

Maybe he has a difficult time coming to you with what's wrong in the relationship and the forum(s) he's bringing his problems to are telling him something other than what the forum(s) you bring your problems to are telling you, so you are now working at cross purposes because you can't talk to each other...which shows communication in the relationship sucks and the relationship is on its way out.

Maybe the relationship just ran its course.

Guys Is there ever Reason you don't wanna have sex?

Yes. Tons.
Diarrhea, or sickness. Being tired. Being bored with sex because the person doesn't really do anything but they think they do and any discussion about it is met with walls that shoot up.
Sometimes because it's like there's an expectation for being a rabid torpid sex fiend running amok and I don't want to be viewed that way or live up to your expectations.
Your hygiene. My hygiene. (at the time) Not having that fresh feeling.
Being bloated and gassy. Mid life crisis moments. Just having better shit to do.
Working on a promotion at my job. Immediate family problems. Death in the family.
Not feeling pretty.

What advice do you have?

Talk to him about it. That's what he is there for. Not just to fulfill your wants and desires when you feel like he should.

How many times a week have u had sex with ur sig. Other?

It's different with different sig. Other's.
Let me reiterate. Men are not simple rabid torpid sex fiends running amok waiting for you to show up as a signal to be let off the leash to have sex with you.
Men aren't just vibrators that learned to be friendly so they would be used.
And you should not compare your relationship with those of others.
What may be healthy in mine, could mean dysfunction in yours.
They are not equal or standardized.
 Natgoat
Msg: 16
Does your sex drive decrease with age, because we dont have as much as anymore....what do you think?
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:41:51 AM
I'd say...~Talk to him~...find out if there's a problem with you..or..him.
Ask if he'd like to give you a massage or take a shower together.
Communication is necessary...he may just Be beat!!
 garvey14
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:59:17 AM
Maybe he is wondering what he is doing with such a selfish little girl and having second thoughts? Maybe he was just completely worn out and is tired of explaining just how different the demands of his job is versus your job? Maybe he is wondering why, if you want sex so much you won't initiate it. Well need to make a sales call now. I am wearing a great suit. Do you think the will initiate the sale just because I look great?LOL! This forum is a great place to remind people of examples of what not to do and how not to act in a relationship. Thanks for the post.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:12:41 AM
The boyfriend has been kicked to the curb already? this has to be a record you asked the question this morning and already she's made up her mind and booted his arse to the curb? Good Lord.

Well you can find a younger guy, young, dumb and full of cum, then you will happy like a Fat kid in a Candy store? yes.

Do you put Blueberries in your morning bowl of Fruit loops by any chance OP?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 19
 Iced1071
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:38:10 AM

Sounds like to me you need to stop expecting him to read your mind and maybe you should take the initiative.

....or theres always one area on him you can mess with to get his attention... just saying'..

or you know,you could do what couples do - talk to him..
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/22/2011 11:34:55 AM
I own a construction company in Florida. We rehab homes that have gone into foreclosure. No power or water - most of the time. Everything is heavy, and for half of the year, it easily exceeds a hundred degrees. I am 42, and when I come home to woman who wants sex, never have I turned it down. Of course, I eat healthy, drink rarely, and live a pretty healthy lifestyle. The newer guys on my crew, who drink, smoke, and live off fast-food have very poor endurance. So, maybe this guy is just out of shape???

Interesting post
 beenambedie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 2:26:22 PM
Rather than going over there expecting him to do something for you, why don't you show how much you care for him... a massage would be nice if he's been physically working all day... a nice dinner... plenty of smiles...

WOW ! Where were you when I was dealing with my last gf.
 parrothead 13
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 2:52:04 PM
For some of us it does. Back in the day (twenty or so years ago) I could not get enough sex and it led to all sorts of problems. Now I appreciate the quality more and the quanity a bit less. I think many of us get that way with a few decades of life.
 1osubuckeye
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:34:44 PM
It's hotter than **** outside. If I'm working a day outside, I want to drink about 5 gallons of fluids and crash.......end of thread.

Go bang him when he wakes up in the morning....far better time.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 4:55:28 PM

I wanted to have sex And was tired of waiting for him to initiate it, so I decided to. so I wore a sexy bra and panty set under my clothes and basically still, he didn't initiate sex or jump all over me.
Your idea of initiating sex is to wear nice UNDERwear? Honey, initiating sex would be to start caressing him and kissing on him or better yet, drop to your knees and undo his pants and go from there...but how is wearing sexy underwear INITIATING anything?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > does your sex drive decrease with age, cause we dont have as much as anymore....what do you think?