Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do you keep logging on PoF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DomMan13
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do you keep logging on PoF?Page 1 of 1    
Okay, I have met various women on this site and had 1 actual relationship arise from it which has now ended.

When I find a woman on here I like and we start talking on the phone or dating, I stop talking to others on here until I know where that possible relationship is going.

Yet, I have noticed most women that I have talked to continue to log on daily.

Personally, it takes too much time and effort to talk to more than one woman at a time.(outside of PoF)

Granted when I was younger I did do such things.

As women, why would you continue to log on here if you are talking to a guy you are interested in?
 barefootkitten
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do you keep logging on PoF?
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:01:57 AM
1. Just because YOU stop talking to others doesn't mean that SHE is at the same place.
2. Talking to someone on the phone in no way makes a commitment to that person.
3. Perhaps she gets 50 messages a day and doesn't want to have to sort through them all when things fall through with you.
4. Perhaps she's also talking to someone else at the same time.
5. Perhaps she's a forumite.
6. Talking to someone on the phone and DATING a person are two completely different things. Talking on the phone often happens for some people before they even meet in person whereas dating implies they've been going on dates for quite a while and are getting to a point of exclusivity.....note though, that any of the above 5 points may also apply if you do become exclusive.

Just because YOU choose to do something one way doesn't make it wrong for people to choose to do it another. If you require a woman to stop logging in once you start talking to her, you need to talk to her about it....just keep in mind, you may not like her answer to your demands.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:25:50 AM
When I find a woman on here I like and we start talking on the phone or dating, I stop talking to others on here until I know where that possible relationship is going.

that's your perogative. i realize that some people feel distracted and uncomfortable by having "too many choices".

on the other hand, many people feel very constrained by not leaving their options open when it comes to somebody they don't know very well and have just met.

Personally, it takes too much time and effort to talk to more than one woman at a time.(outside of PoF)

you just admitted it's a personal issue, but do you have a problem with people who don't see the world the same way you do? if you DO, you are simply not a good match for the women who don't want to script their dating experiences and personal lives exactly the same way you do. if you DON'T, then it's merely a matter of acknowledging that other people have different opinions and different ways of living their lives.

As women, why would you continue to log on here if you are talking to a guy you are interested in?

because i fall firmly into the camp of not wanting to limit my options. i personally don't see any reason to restrict my choices just because i dated you once. and i personally would not be interested in a man who presumes exclusivity (even temporarily) just because he sent me an email or had a beer with me last friday.

i would WANT him to talk to and date other people, because if he is still interested in me after all that i will know it's not because he's a freaky cling-on or because he thinks he he's got no other options. i am not a consolation prize. he'd only be all pissed off about it if he kept seeing me online anyway..... he might even start stalking me or asking me personal questions that are none of his damn business. "why are you always online??" you are history if you ask me that.... HISTORY. it happens, and it's creepy as hell.

there is a difference between being "open ended" and pursuing a presumed end before you've even gotten out of the starting gate. "dating" < does not equal > "a commitment" unless and until you BOTH agree.
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:36:57 AM
I'm with you Domman, if I am interested with someone and we are hitting it off I stop looking. I find that many people are not like that.
The only way to know is ask her why she is always logging in.
 Kitten189
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:55:50 AM

Yet, I have noticed most women that I have talked to continue to log on daily

Holy toledo.......................so,just coz you SPEAK to a woman means she shouldn't be logging on here - that sounds very controlling to *me*.
They're probably having a ball chatting to heaps of different guys and making sure they have a date every night Monday through Sunday.
Does this not sit right with you,Op?
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:03:16 AM

Pot, meet kettle.
 psytle
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:21:31 AM
How would one know if women were logging in daily if they weren't also doing so?
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:30:22 AM

why would you continue to log on here if you are talking to a guy you are interested in?

Duh!!! For the Forums, of course

Although I'm not entirely sure if you show up as "Online Now" with that lovely green dot if you're just logged into the forums...
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:51:44 AM
Then simply meet the ones you're compatible with who feel the same way and/ or stop logging onto pof once you've started communicating offline.

She has to log on to read your messages at the very least.
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:08:42 AM
Kid....you're putting the wagon infront of the Mule !
Take her out, give her a reason to drop off the site.....and let's not forget you're still hanging around here.
 lilmisshissyfit
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:16:59 AM
How do you know she's logged on here daily if you aren't?
 DomMan13
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:23:14 AM
Honestly after I meet a woman AND I like her, I log in solely to see if they are logging in. Once we both agree that we are dating exclusively I will hide my profile and still log on occassionally to see if she is logging in.

To whoever asked or said something about being controlling...please see my screen name.

I am extremely dominant, and only date women that are submissive.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:28:14 AM

H3ll yes.
Until you put a ring on it and a car in the driveway..GTFO.

Some of us have people we enjoy chatting with and not ALL of them are men.
Most of my friends IRL and on POF are women.

If you ask her, you are going to BLOW it.

Maybe she has 2/3 places she is logged on at once..or reads the forums?

Maybe she will see this and not waste any more of your time.

psytle
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:32:03 AM

Honestly after I meet a woman AND I like her, I log in solely to see if they are logging in. Once we both agree that we are dating exclusively I will hide my profile and still log on occassionally to see if she is logging in.

To whoever asked or said something about being controlling...please see my screen name.

I am extremely dominant, and only date women that are submissive.

Perhaps this should be stated in your profile, so that women know what to expect further on in a relationship.
 lilmisshissyfit
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:32:22 AM
So she's logging on openly and you're doing it on the sly?
Still amounts to the same thing.
Does she realise that she has to be totally submissive to you already? maybe you need to tell her so she can decide if thats the life she wants or you can stop wasting each others time.
 NYTennisGirl
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:49:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the screen name, combined with the phrases, "Dominant man looking for my muse" and "fine art of pleasing your man" should be pretty clear enough.

Unless he likes submissive women who also happen to be stupid...

And if that's the case, maybe his ad should read:

I am a Dominant man seeking a submissive female for a D/s relationship. If I start controlling you, I do not expect you to log on to PoF to try to find any other Masters. I am the only person who should be telling you what kind of collar you should be wearing.

... I'm really open minded, but the BDSM lifestyle is something I can't personally understand.
I mean, I get the idea it might sort of be kinky, or those that say by being submissive you put absolute/complete faith in your Dom/me, but for me, it's just: Eh, really? No thanks.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:28:46 PM
Personally, when Im into someone, I post in the forums and dont bother logging into the dating side of this site at all. I am that way, if my eye is caught, I focus on that one person. But, my way is not the way everyone feels and this is why you have to talk to the person about how they handle this situation and then decide if you want to proceed with them or not.

You just cannot assume everyone wants to handle this the same way.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:38:38 PM
OP - Maybe you're not as dominant as you think you are.
 CzechDiva
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:55:41 PM
Why can you login and she can't ?
May you should just chill out and let her come on without a hassle.
You seem jealous already !
 JWS1974
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:36:51 PM
Maybe she finds some sort of entertainment value in the site? I admit, reading profiles and visiting the forum is interesting beyond the intended purpose. What if she likes visiting the site? Getting upset over it exposes an insecurity.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do you keep logging on PoF?