Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF Full Pay Site [closed - redundant thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AT1m3F0rChang3
Msg: 1
POF Full Pay Site [closed - redundant thread]Page 1 of 1    
Does anybody else realize that pof is starting to charge us stuff that used to be free?

IE:

~ When a person has read your mail.

~ How long it's been since a person has checked their mail.

I hope this site stays free!

We already have a thread on the subject here
Last Online Feature in Inbox
Thread Closed - Redundant

Janet_Always
Msg: 2
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 6:50:20 AM
Those features are unnecessary and cause more distress to those that tend to obsess over such things...
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 3
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 6:59:39 AM
if you don't stalk the people you've sent messages to, then it doesn't cost you a dime.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:18:34 AM

if you don't stalk the people you've sent messages to, then it doesn't cost you a dime.
I miss stalking people on here via email; but I don't miss it enough to pay to stalk. Goes against my personal code...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:20:37 AM
As long as I can communicate (send and receive messages) on here for Free I could care less honestly. He can also charge for matches, viewed me. IM and Meet Me etc... and I would not care as long as we can put up a profile, and send and receive messages, and use search, he can just lump all that other stuff up into the upgrade membership offer.

Times change and if the owner feels he needs to generate a new revenue stream thats his choice. As long as the core functions to communicate here are free the site will do fine. There are other free sites if your dissatisfied. None with 32+ million members though. JMO

Cowboy
 cyberdelica
Msg: 6
view profile
History
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:47:08 AM
Yes that is typical Corporate backdoor sneaky tight fistedness.
I'm sure we've all had the corporate good-bad-good letteres in the post. They normaly tell you how nice they are being to you in paragraph one before moving on to say how they are going to shaft you in paragraph two (Prices up or service down). Paragraph three is normally the we look forwards to ripping you off some more in the future spiel.
They didnt have the courtesy to do that on hear though which is bad. An email to let us know whats happening would have taken less than five mins even if it did take the form of the corpoate S#*t sandwich as described above
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:57:05 AM
An email to let us know whats happening would have taken less than five mins
My hunch would be they assumed you could figure it out in less then 5 minutes. If you check the TOS you agreed to here it clearly states they can add, change or delete any feature here any time they want to. There is no promise to keep this site free forever.

The features switched to pay options are not essential features needed to communicate on here anyway. Just my opinion.

In case you have not figured it out this site changes constantly. New features added. Others removed. Stuff that worked yesterday doesn't work today. If they tried to document all that crap in little emails to you that email would be pages long daily. Face you not a customer here your a user. Customers that pay here still have all the features and never noticed any change.

I have no problem have a tired membership here with extra features and functions for paid members as long as ALL the messaging and searching remains free as that is all you need to meet someone. We will just agree to disagree on this.

Cowboy

VVVVV msg 9 "Corporate? Did I miss something? As far as I know, it's just one guy running this site from his apartment. And his girlfriend helps him out sometimes. "

That was a while back. They have offices and employees now. The site has grown a LOT in the last couple years. Hardly a huge corporation still but it is a real company now.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 8:00:08 AM

I'm sure we've all had the corporate good-bad-good letteres in the post. They normaly tell you how nice they are being to you in paragraph one before moving on to say how they are going to shaft you in paragraph two (Prices up or service down). Paragraph three is normally the we look forwards to ripping you off some more in the future spiel.
They didnt have the courtesy to do that on hear though which is bad. An email to let us know whats happening would have taken less than five mins even if it did take the form of the corpoate S#*t sandwich as described above .

Perhaps once you get your own free dating site off the skids and up and running, you can implement all of your good ideas that you seem to think the general public is entitled to and is owed just because.

What's that you say? You aren't starting your own free dating site? Do I detect an attitude of "I'd rather biatch than switch?"

The moral of this story is, if you can't stand the heat in this kitchen, go to another kitchen for your "corporate S#*t sandwich".
 notatowniegirl
Msg: 9
POF Full Pay Site
Posted: 8/5/2011 8:20:52 AM

They didnt have the courtesy to do that on hear though which is bad. An email to let us know whats happening would have taken less than five mins even if it did take the form of the corpoate S#*t sandwich as described above

Corporate? Did I miss something? As far as I know, it's just one guy running this site from his apartment. And his girlfriend helps him out sometimes. I don't think your anti-corporation rant is fitting in this situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF Full Pay Site [closed - redundant thread]