Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What does favorite mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ssjwill24
Msg: 1
What does favorite mean?Page 1 of 1    
So I am fairly new to this site so this could be a stupid question but here goes anyways..

When a girl puts you as a favorite what is that suppose to mean? I'm guessing I should probably message the girl since it's the guys responsibility too?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:09:46 AM
For me, I favourite people whose forum posts I admire, and some I toss in for eye candy or to bookmark their profile to read at a later time.

If someone favourite's you, by all means jot her a note.... but don't for a moment think that it's the man's responsibility to email first.

Good luck and happy fishing...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:14:26 AM
If you have not spoken to the lady previously consider it as a wink then. Sure contact her if your interested.

Cowboy
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 4
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:22:01 AM
yeah Lint and cowboy pretty much has that covered so nothing really to add to it, except try emailing her
 TDH49
Msg: 5
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:59:13 AM

When a girl puts you as a favorite what is that suppose to mean? I'm guessing I should probably message the girl since it's the guys responsibility too?
Also a lot of time a person will put you on their favorite list because they can't email you because of your restrictions. That's their way of letting you know they are interested. If someone puts you on as a favorite and you like their profile you should drop them a line for sure. Half the battle is already won, you know they like you.
 steph_0929
Msg: 6
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:05:48 AM
I've done it just to kind of bookmark a profile. Maybe I will considering emailing them later but not at that moment. I guess it could be kind of misleading to them. I sometimes have used it as kind of a wink. I don't like to make first contact so I figure if they see that and they're interested they may respond. I use it sparingly
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:46:45 AM
Look at it this way. They have shown some level of interest no matter why they added you. You have a better shot contacting them then just a blind email
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 11:35:17 AM
Personally, I think they should simply do away with favorites and have winks instead. That way, you know someone is really interested in you, rather than just bookmarking your profile.
 Sisceal
Msg: 9
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 11:47:47 AM
It's like LoJack... so she doesn't lose you as she's perusing profiles...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 12:51:48 PM

Personally, I think they should simply do away with favorites and have winks instead.
We actually tried winks here once before. I don't think it lasted two days. Sometimes the dynamics of a free site like this make some features that work ok on a paid site just not work here. We had gals getting 500 winks a day and the stupid winks were pushing the real emails from guys they were actually interested in and conversing with out of their inbox before they could reply. And that was when the site was a fraction of this size. It would be a horrible nightmare now.

Everyone uses fav's a little different. But if someone you do not already know adds you and you think they are interesting just go ahead and write them. What can it hurt?

Cowboy
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 11
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 1:04:00 PM
It means your profile is one of her favorite ones..
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 12
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 5:02:14 PM
OP- anytime a chick fave's me - I take that as a sign that she wants me to say hello to her...

well, that is if I find her attractive...

no need to overthink these things.

yet dont think it means she's in love with you and will definitely go out with you...

hell she might not even talk to you again...

i fave ladies who i find attractive and that catch my eye...

I plan to email them and its kinda like I'm trying to make a list of who I plan to contact cuz I am not gonna always write out 10 emails in one day of being on here..

yet I don't wanna forget who they are nor search thru all the profiles again to find her.

and of course- I sometimes even still forget to email them for a while.

even still- if i KNOW a girl i find to be hot and interesting is online when I am- I will email her and I will fave her ...

why?

cuz I am trying to get her to open MY email and for her to take a look at my profile and then to respond to me with interest...
 unclezeus
Msg: 13
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 5:13:42 PM
When a girl puts you as a favorite what is that suppose to mean?

It could mean anything from , "Nice shirt", to "Great smile", to "I like what he says", to "I should see him naked someday".

You should ask the specific woman why.

I'm guessing I should probably message the girl
....Good idea. Clear up a bunch of questions.

since it's the guys responsibility too?
.....No.

Its just a good idea if someone has a backbone and contacts someone, for that kind of situation.
 statesshapes
Msg: 14
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 5:40:12 PM
Most people treat it as a bookmark. No, don't message them. They wont respond. Makes great sense, right?!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 6:23:39 PM
We had gals getting 500 winks a day and the stupid winks were pushing the real emails from guys they were actually interested in and conversing with out of their inbox before they could reply.

I could see this problem occurring only if the winks appeared in their inbox---which is not what I'm suggesting. People would merely receive a notice they've been winked in their regular e-mail---the same way they would with a favorites notice.

I would not take favorites as a sign of interest. It's been my experience that it's mainly used for purposes of bookmarking or for platonic (often same-sex) forum friendships.
 Francine1988
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:48:10 PM
If she favorited you, it's a good sign to send an email. But it means different things to different people. The only person that has me as a favorite as a 50+ y/o man in Texas. I'm 23 in Ohio... I'm pretty sure he just likes looking at my photos...
 cali215casual
Msg: 17
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/10/2011 10:25:21 AM
What does that mean when she is several states away?

Ok, somehow I'm a favorite, to some chick out in Texas. But that means nothing to me if nobody near where I live is interested.
this whole thing just shows that real life interactions are the best way to find someone. Most the profiles that I've seen are girls saying the same thing, they love to laugh and friends and family are important and there match needs to feel that way too. Oh by the way there match has to be a 6' tall model who makes $50K a year or more and can take tons of time off for traveling.
What happened to girls that wanted a nice guy with a house who is loyal and can find two trade skill jobs in an economy like this?
 MissStackhouse
Msg: 18
What does favorite mean?
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:18:39 AM

somehow I'm a favorite, to some chick out in Texas

She favorited you because your messaging restrictions wouldn't allow her to message you. Just remove her from your favorites. No biggie.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What does favorite mean?