Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Should I ask out my Male coworker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Almondeyesohio
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should I ask out my Male coworker?Page 1 of 1    
There is a man that i work with who is very flirty with me. I told one of my friends/co workers that i had a slight crush on him, so naturally she told him indirectly. According to her, he is interested in me and wants to ask me out. I saw him at another co-workers party a few days later and was waiting for him to ask me out. He sat next to me flirted with me then left. He told her that there wasn't a good time to ask me. Next day he flirted with me, told me how good i looked the night before but still no date. I asked him for his number and we have had a few text conversations but he still hasn't asked me out. Now i haven't dated a man i didn't meet online in years and normally if i was interested in someone I would ask them out, being that i have to see him regularly at work, i'm a little more cautious. So guys what do u think? should i continue to wait or ask him myself.
 Tim0066
Msg: 2
Should I ask out my Male coworker?
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:29:06 PM
No, no and nonono... don't do it.

I can't just type NO ffs :(

pof please let me just say no and leave it like that... do you really want me typing 1000 word replies all the time... my fingers get more work out then an overly active womans fingers

Please just let me tell OP one word... NO!
 Laha Math
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:38:36 PM
My policy was to never get involved with anyone from work. It can get complicated - suspicions of favoritism and jealousy, hurt feelings and resentment, conflicts between work and play. I realize people meet and marry at work but it's risky, especially if it doesn't work out. One member of a couple who met at work took a job with a different employer because of it before they married. I've been out once or twice with women from work but nothing close or serious, and no sex.
 Almondeyesohio
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:38:40 PM
ok so i guess i should'nt ask him lol. I would like to know why you feel so strongly
 Almondeyesohio
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:42:15 PM
i know that the work thing can be risky, and honestly i don't see myself retireing from this place. if u take the work issue out of the equation is it still a bad idea?
 JP1111
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:44:22 PM
My first question is, why are you waiting, why don't YOU ask him out? Women have been fighting for years to have the same rights as men so, NOW'S your chance to exercice it!

My second question is, are you sure you want to mix pleasure and work? Yes it's nice at first as you get along but, it will become harder and harder to queep the two seperated so, I say to let him be.
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:45:29 PM
Some funny anecdotes, in the hope of answering your query...

Should you piss on your cornflakes?

Should you sh** in your washing machine?
 Tim0066
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:50:04 PM
A bad break up or date can lead to sexual harassment lawsuits... as well as an uncomfortable working situation for both you and him... is that worth the risk?

May I ask you how well you get along with your ex bf's?

Do you know anything about his ex gf's? Is he mature and friendly with any of them? Is he divorced? Do you know what that situation is like is he friendly with exwife? Those would be things to know before getting involved with him... ex drama issues from him may actually be HIM as the problem not them, you'll only hear HIS side of their story and you may find out the hard way that it was him not her situation... so yeah try to get a little info about how he gets along with his ex's if at all possible.

and if you're a B**** to your ex's then heck no don't date him lol

Would you go get a job where one of your ex's work? Think about it first...
 808md
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:50:43 PM
Everybody will tell you not to date a coworker.

But the fact is that 15-20% of all married people in the U.S. met at work.

So it can work...but it is risky.
 Smiley_mcgee
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:52:40 PM

No.
It's a bad idea to date where you work.
Especially in this economy.
Keep it in your pants, and put that energy into your job.
You think they are paying you to date people and work on your relationship?

Not to mention this whole thing could be the writing of a 12 year old girl. Just replace "workplace" with "homeroom."

"There's this boy in homeroom I like. OMG! I told my friend and she sooooo totally told him I like liked him!
She sent me a note in study hall saying that he told her that he said he likes me back. OMG OMG OMG! So during recess we like hung out by the bleachers and stuff and he was all flirty like he was doing before...he's sooooo into me OMG OMG OMG!
I ran into him at like my friends party and he was like spending all this time with me but didn't ask me out. So like I was talking to my friend and she said that he said that there wasn't a good time, bummer
But like the next day he said I was so hot so I got his phone number and then like texted him.
I soooo think he's going to ask me to homecoming."

You really think you want to date a guy with this much game playing and drama?
 Almondeyesohio
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:56:05 PM
Ok, these are good and funny questions...I hope that we are both mature enough to handle seeing each other at work. i do now that he get's along with his ex wife. I know there may be issues in the future, but i am really attracted to him Plus the hospital i work in is worse than Grey's anatomy. Everyone has hooked up with someone...lol
 Almondeyesohio
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:00:10 PM

Not to mention this whole thing could be the writing of a 12 year old girl. Just replace "workplace" with "homeroom."

Could be but it's not.

Is he playing games? Thats actually what i wanted to know
 mrmisterme
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:06:39 PM
If he's flirting with you, if the two of you are texting, if he hasn't asked you out yet.....then he's seeing someone and hasn't told you yet.
 unclezeus
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:38:47 PM
should i continue to wait or ask him myself.

Walk away, do not go out with him..

i know that the work thing can be risky,
...More than risky, its stupid.

and honestly i don't see myself retireing from this place.

This isn't all about you, you selfish twit, this is about his future, too, and the people who have to work with you two dumbasses.

Msg13:
then he's seeing someone and hasn't told you yet.

Dating is not exclusive, he doesn't have to tell anyone about his other dates, if thats what he is doing. But dating co-workers is just plain stupid, not a good idea .
 johnnylange
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 9:19:56 PM
mmm... he could just having fun or he could be serious. I think if he was serious he would've asked you out already. The ex wife thing...if they have kids then that's understandable otherwise, weird.
 johnnyj218
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/12/2011 9:25:08 PM
If you don't work directly with him, go for it. If you do, then I would advise against dating but sex would be ok.

I've had sex with most of the women I work with but it's just that, our work relationship is great. However, I wouldn't date any of them though. Most are involved or married anyway lol.
 Smiley_mcgee
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/12/2011 10:08:31 PM

Is he playing games? Thats actually what i wanted to know

Okay. You want to know if he's playing games? Here's 2 scenarios.
1. "Would you like to go out with me sometime?" or "I know it's a bad idea to date coworkers, but I'm really attracted to you, and we have a great connection, I would like to take you out on a date. What do you think about that. If it doesn't work do you think we'd get all weird and our work and environment would suffer? Since we are in this environment and situation we should talk honestly about what's going on here."

2. (insert OP here)

One of those is being direct and honest and adult. The other is just two people both playing high school juvenile games.
You are in your 30's. Do you really need someone to point out to you which one?
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 10:22:43 PM
Depends on whether or not you could easily get another job and how many months of savings you have to live on until you get another job. No you probably won't lose your job but take that into consideration as a reality, many people have thought what you are thinking and lost big time.

It sucks to work with someone who dumped you or who won't leave you alone or worse, who gets you fired because you didn't work out for them. Don't pretend it can't happen. On the other hand, I know many couples who met at work, who work together, etc., it can be done but it takes a mature person who doesn't live in dramaville. I've also seen some pretty stupid behaviors by people who dated/married co-workers. Make sure you have your eyes wide open.

And he knows you are waiting for him to ask you out but he's stalling. That would make me move on along, I don't like the game stuff.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/13/2011 1:45:45 AM
No. If things get ugly, do you want to have to go into work not even wanting to look at this guy? Or have him blab to the whole office how he had sex with you ( even if he did not ) and make you look bad?

Plenty of men to meet where your job will not be affected. Some places will terminate people who date in the work place as well, because the Employer does not want nonsense and drama going on .

Stop texting with him too. Those text messages could end up in your boss's office and everyone reading them. How would that make YOU look?

If he has not asked you out by now it is not happening anyway. Move on and meet someone who you do not work with or run the risk of being humiliated by. He is playing games ; how is texting you and not asking you out making you look??? Do the math..it is pretty simple.
 Write Time
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2011 3:28:03 AM
Life is short. If you like someone and think you'd like to be with them, then make a move.

What's to lose?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Should I ask out my Male coworker?