Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Are you Interested?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ang2041
Msg: 1
Are you Interested?Page 1 of 1    
I have been on this site for a while and I have never been able to figure out if you view a profile and they then turn around and view yours or visa versa, is that a guys way of showing interest without sending a message , for instance I get alot of views but not very many responces, some view my profile more than once. Just asking the guys out there are you interested or not..I do think that if they were interested they would of said hello, but I do wonder why I recieve so many views and no hellos!!
 commonsens_reloaded
Msg: 2
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:02:19 AM
Instead of been passive and assumptive, why not take control of your POF life and become proactive and interactive?

You see someone you like: make contact!
You see that someone have checked you out and you like? : ask them directly!

Life can be that simple...if you have the courage.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 3
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:03:54 AM
exactly Commonsens, exactly.

Online dating isn't the same as the real world, I get the whole chivalry thing, but you have to understand OP is online is different, heck if online dating existed back in the day of Romeo and Juliet, I think Juliet would be contacting Romeo if she saw him first.

Take a proactive approach.

Revilors
Msg: 4
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:11:19 AM

some view my profile more than once

You have no way of knowing this. You are confusing features on your "Viewed Me" page.

The top row is and says "The following single row of users are users who viewed you at some point, and are sorted by when they were last online"

Those in that row could have viewed you once...or a thousand times. You'll never know.

Pay no attention to who has viewed you. If you are interested in someone...send them a message. If someone selects you from the "Meet Me" or has "Favorited" you...they have shown interest. Probably. Other than that...you'll need to take some chances of your own.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:30:30 AM
This is a common area of misunderstanding.

There are "features" here that get people confused easily. The "Viewed Me" section is one, the "Meet Me" section is another.

The main thing I want to mention here to you is, that unless someone has one of those new, 46" high def computer monitors, they HAVE to open your profile, just to see what your picture really looks like. The little postage stamps are so small, I STILL think Abelian has 1956-era Mickey Mouse ears on his head.

Since there's no way to know either how often, or how LONG someone looked at your profile, there's no way to deduce anything from it either.

All it means when YOU view someone, and then they view YOU, is that they went into their "Viewed Me" page, and checked up on everyone there.
Until they contact you (or you them), ignore the rest of it. And don't get started on the Meet Me feature, just look that up yourself with a thread search.
 johnnyj218
Msg: 6
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:37:05 AM
Once someone clicks on your profile, it gets recorded as a view. Viewing your profile doesn't necessarily mean that one is interested. All it means is that your thumbnail caught their eye, they clicked and then could have said "Oh damn forget it".

When I see that someone has viewed my profile, I take a look at theirs just out of curiousity. For me it's just that and it may be for other guys as well.

Do I say hello if I'm interested? Nope, not anymore. When I first signed up, I contacted the people who viewed me figuring that they were interested. After never getting a response, I stopped doing it. If they are interested, they can email me.
 fourletterfame
Msg: 7
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:43:30 AM
It's always a safe bet to just send the message. The worst they can say is nothing. It's important to remember the sheer volume of people on this site, sure, you may waste a couple of minutes writing a good icebreaker message and get no reply, but that doesn't mean you never will :P
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 8
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:16:28 AM
Contact the profile. All you can do. There are so many people who view but do not contact for God only knows what reason .

No one is looking more than once ; the way the system works on here is it will show when a user is on line who has already viewed you. So it is not that user looking at you over and over ( that would be creepy ).

In most cases if someone is interested they will e mail. Some may not.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 9
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:25:54 AM
We don't need a webinar to know that the only thing that really demonstrates interest is a message-
The person on the other side of the screen doesn't know you. WHO CARES if you message them and they don't respond or don't have interest? Just move forward and stay proactive.
I'm not good at remembering quotes but I like the one that basically says the only failures you will definitely have are the risks you DON'T take.
You're setting yourself up for failure each time you make assumptions and are not proactive.

I glanced at your profile. The first paragraph is decent- the second one needs editing IMO. You can benefit from a profile review and new pics- they are all similar, and I would remove the dogs. JMO.
 Tim0066
Msg: 10
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:42:31 AM

I do wonder why I recieve so many views and no hellos!!

I'm curious... if you're interested in a guy that you viewed why don't you say hello? Aren't you interested? Well... why not? Are you too shy? Men can't be shy too?

If you won't say hello first then the only men you'll ever date are the ones that say hello to you... expand your dating pool x3 by simply saying hello first.

Womens independence happened years ago, its ok to say hi to a guy first, it doesn't make you easy or slutty... Unless of course you can't handle rejection well... then you're just stuck dating only the guys who will say hello first.

If you're interested...
Say hello!

search forums for a few different words like "viewed" and "interested" "first contact" you'll find some good advice...
 sactowndude
Msg: 11
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:03:20 AM
Who viewed you is meaningless, they just are window shopping.
If they like what they see they will message you, if you like someone you should message them. Favorites and Meet Me are other tools but there's nothing more personal than sending a message.

BTW: you can turn off if others can see if you viewed them in mail settings.
 NateInGA
Msg: 12
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:20:45 AM
I view a profile, and a lot of times I find things I cant agree with. Ill be the first to admit also that I have viewed profiles where I couldnt close em fast enough
On the other side, Im pretty much rooted where I am at, so if she lives a good 11 hour drive away... its probly not worth the effort or gas on the weekends, even though I may absolutely adore everything else you have posted. Theres a number of reasons why I would contact someone, and a number of reasons why I wont.
For example:
Grossly obese... If I gotta haul you around in the bed of my pick up... then no thank you...
I dont mind bein with a larger woman, but at a certain point... please get help.
Too vain/doesnt take care of herself... Both of these are equally bad. on one side too much overvalue on appearance, and the other you have to wonder if they even care about anything.
too many children... very sorry I dont mind one or two kids, since Im dating the mother, not the children, but if you have 4+ running around, I feel a bit uncomfortable with that, especially if things move to a point where I may be introduced into their lives. Also I dont want to pay for child number 5... IJS..
Too many times a profile is just pretty much blank and I have nothing to say, and even worse, its way too full.
Oh yeah, before I forget, you stand me up for a date, dont worry about contacting me again, or me contacting you. Cause I feel like if thats the case I may as well go do somethin by myself, and find someone else.
If I really really like something special about you, I might even spam ya...
Maybe I should just post this to my profile...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 13
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:32:29 AM

if you walk by a store and stop to look at a pair of shoes, and walk away... did you want the shoes?

No I'm probably thinking.."Who the hell could/would wear those?"

Love the analogy.

I LOOK at a lot of things..

Ignore views op.
 unclezeus
Msg: 14
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:36:42 AM

they then turn around and view yours or visa versa, is that a guys way of showing interest without sending a message

No.

some view my profile more than once.

Then reach out and say something to him.

I do think that if they were interested they would of said hello,

Yes we would all think that , at onetime or another.
Some are shy.
Some are too far away.
Some are just surfing the pictures.

but I do wonder why I recieve so many views and no hellos!!

For the same reason people look at you , out in public and don't always say hello.

But on here, or any dating site, you're the hunter, too.
 MagikMan59
Msg: 15
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:07:23 PM
Usually people are curious about who viewed them, so after you check them out, they will check you out. If a guy is interested he will write you or add you to his favorites list.
I'm famous for missing vital information the first time I read a woman's profile, hence the multiple views. So it takes me a few times before I feel I have a good sense of who she is, what she really wants and if I'm someone she might like to know. Some profiles are very vague, others have a novels worth of requirements a guy must meet. It can be like navigating a mine field. One profile I read, lead me to believe I was a perfect match for this lady, so a wrote a polite email mentioning the many things we had in common. Then without a reply, she blocked me. I wasn't rude, didn't mention sex, nothing, oh well. Online dating can be very hard, in person you can tell if there is a mutual attraction. On here it's a crap shoot. Don't take it personally, when the right one comes along he will get in touch with you.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:25:01 PM
a view is not an expression of interest. it's an expression of curiosity. for some people, what's on your page will make that curiosity go away. then, no message. for others, what's on your page will make the curiosity increase. then you get a message.

you will probably have more success here if you follow the lead of the latter category.
 mikey070286
Msg: 17
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:01:15 PM
I can only give the same advice everybody else has, its just plain curiousity, they thumbnail picture looks ok so it gets clicked on and then they discover that you may live too far away, or that maybe one of you is a smoker or anything else like that on your profile that would suggest that maybe you wouldn't be a good match... Or maybe there isn't any information on your profile that someone feels they could use to help start a conversation with you.
 geoffonpof1
Msg: 18
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:18:18 PM
There are plenty of reasons why people "view,"
could be just checking out pictures, to read profile, to get noticed

Personally if I'm interested I will view a profile, and send an email out, and if I receive a reply I do, if not then I figure they weren't interested.

One thing I don't understand is, why is it a woman will shoot a guy down in public with no problem at all.
But on-line they just don't answer.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 19
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:09:02 PM
OP, do you message every guy that views your profile after you've viewed them? And what about the folks who choose "No" to the question "Allow Users to see that You've Viewed Them"? People could be viewing your profile and you'll never know it!!!

Too many variables to work that system.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 20
Are you Interested?
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:09:17 PM
Double post, apologies.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Are you Interested?