Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Swearing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Monkeysox
Msg: 1
view profile
History
SwearingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just a quick question, do you find swearing acceptable. Do you curse often or is it something you do very rarely if at all.
Would you be comfortable dating someone who swore often no matter where they are.
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:10:12 AM
As a well spoken Brixton boy, born and bred, I swear only under extreme provocation, that it sounds most amusing coming from my lips according to my friends and family. I don't like it if a partner swears but tolerate according to the context and as long as it doesn't go on for too long, or is directed towards me!
 shaneyp
Msg: 3
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:11:27 AM
I swear like a trooper-always have done-not proud of it,it's like having tourettes sometimes,i dont even realise i'm doing it-till someone pulls me up on it.

I do believe it's to do with upbringing,i was dragged up by an alchoholic father-an ex royal gaurdsman,and that was the norm,whereas i have met people who came from priveliged backgrounds,very rarely swear,except for effect.
 Carte_Blanche
Msg: 4
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:16:20 AM
A well placed swear word can add emphasis and punch to your delivery. Swear words are also great for comedic effect. Billy Connolly, one of may favourite comedians of all time used to swear like a trooper, and he was hilarious!
 cc7up
Msg: 5
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:19:24 AM
I swear for effect,, in pain or in the company of men.

In general public conversation, including online chat or texting, i make an effort not to as it isn't cool - Just Lazy.
 Lusipher
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:21:48 AM
I swear like a pirate.

I'm aware I'm doing it and I probably could do less of it ... but I am fine with it and I don't want to.

My old dear hates it, but she is well aware that it's nothing to do with me having a limited vocabulary or how I was raised (as none of my family really swear - she's not even that fond of blasphemy ) .... there are just times when I think swearing feels right and if a swear word pops up, then so be it.

I wouldn't be bothered about someone else swearing, unless it looked they were forcing it. I do have a couple of friends that don't swear, but fortunately they've got no problem with all the rest of us coming out with profanities left, right and centre.

If someone objected to swearing then I'd try to limit it - and I can actually do it quite easily - but I probably wouldn't spend much time around them, as I see nothing wrong with it.

They tried bringing in a swear box at work and I told them exactly what they could do with that idea.

Thing is, I don't really think that swearing has the same impact as it did a few years ago. It's commonplace and now some swear words that would've been seen as totally shocking a while back, are pretty meaningless now.

I will say, that I fvcking love swearing during .... fvcking! That's no time for polite language ... if there's any conversation going on, then I prefer it to be graphic, crude and coarse.

Some of the people at work (blokes and girls) say they don't like the idea of women swearing during sex - especially the word "cvnt" ... I'm totally at the other end of the scale with that way of thinking, as swearing from a bird (especially a very well-spoken/posh bint) whilst we're knocking boots - or just before it all kicks off - is like verbal viagara!
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 7
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:27:03 AM
I think the old cliché applies here...there is a time and place for everything
 _Adon_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:47:18 AM
I agree cinders
 Cazita
Msg: 9
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:51:41 AM
I have a foul mouth on me at times... especially when I'm really angry. F*ck is my favourite word. However, I am also capable of conversing without swearing.
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 10
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:53:13 AM
I try not to swear to much but I know I do and sometimes I cant stop it as awful as that sounds but its normally the bloody word and occasionally the eff word especially if Im wound up.

I dont judge people on swearing though but sometimes in some situations its not nice especially when they are swearing at minors which I hear a great deal in my job.............
 try1more
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:16:44 PM
i've always found swearing and obscene words amusing.
as a kid i could say "the bloody war" but not "that bloody cat next door"

it often seems very american, such as the songs with lyrics on youtube you can listen to the words but they wont display the txt of some of the words.
i can imagine buying a dictionary and finding loads of *** instead of the word.
just like words get starred out on here, though i suspect you could call someone a copulating penis, doesn't have quite the same ring to it, and it's a bit of a mouthful innit
 theangelworeredshoes
Msg: 12
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:06:44 PM
My old dear hates it,

would it make your mum swear to here you calling her an old dear ! lol
 Lusipher
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:12:30 PM

would it make your mum swear to here you calling her an old dear

Not at all.

She's well aware that it's a term of endearment and affection from me - and seeing as I rarely show those towards she-who-gave-birth-to-me, she'll never complain about it (especially, as she actually quite likes it) - plus it's just part of how I talk
 theangelworeredshoes
Msg: 14
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:21:55 PM
would it make your mum swear to here you calling her an old dear

Not at all.

She's well aware that it's a term of endearment and affection from me - and seeing as I rarely show those towards she-who-gave-birth-to-me, she'll never complain about it (especially, as she actually quite likes it) - plus it's just part of how I talk

that ok then, it dose sound nice,i just wonder if she minded
 MrDevlin1964
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:25:59 PM
I swear, if that makes me hard to date then I have to live with it I suppose.
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 16
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:28:46 PM
Cant see how that would affect your dating as Ive said I swear like a fish woman at times especially when Im wound up I think often it depends on the environment your in at the time to...........................
 shaneyp
Msg: 17
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 6:44:08 PM
[Cant see how that would affect your dating as Ive said I swear like a fish woman at times especially when Im wound up I think often it depends on the environment your in at the time to........................... ]

Depends if you smell like one as well really,dont it ewwwwwww!!!! hee hee sorry!!! couldnt help meself
 mart_b
Msg: 18
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:16:36 PM
as a youngster, was told by a young lady
"iffen i didn`t swear so much i would have f**k all to say.."
 lulu1402
Msg: 19
Swearing
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:52:07 PM
Depends on the amount of swearing ...i swear myself when annoyed ...but in a normal conversation with some one i do not swear .But funny enough i did have a freind who swears like a trooper every other word F---g and when i am with her i tend to swear more ....but out side with other people around i use to tell her not to swear so much .Funny it never offended people may be because she had a broad scots accent ...but she was well liked as over 500 came to her funeral ....which i think proves people accept you for who you and not how you talk
 LukeT77
Msg: 20
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 1:33:49 AM
I don't generally swear in my day-to-day life, even when I'm angry or arguing with people. The only exception is when I'm playing computer games!!! I go totally mental when I lose at computer games and become a seriously loud angry potty-mouth!
 Pud78
Msg: 21
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:05:05 AM
It always seems to be worse coming from a womans mouth and a woman that swears constantly isn't atractive and makes them seem more masculine. Swearing is fine and can be expressive and emotive and used for effect but that is lost when it becomes part of normal day speech.
I use swear words sparingly so when I do use them they have that power behind them, I also lament the shock value of the c-word going.
I am a manager at work and have a female assistant that swears conatantly to the point that she can't stop and shows no self awareness and I cringe constantly at the way she talks, she must swear constantly in front of her kids as she does in front of senior management.
My parents have no problem with my occasional swearing as they both swear on occasion too but I have no memories of them swearing before I was about 13/14 and it was almost like they had a discussion and that they felt that they could now swear in front of me, It was very weird hearing them both swear for the first time.
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 22
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:15:44 AM
I hate it near my kids . my son will say to an adult that is swearing
why do you use that bad word are you SORRY .
He is ten but doesnt like it Its funny as every adult so far has seen the era of there ways he he
So i dont have to tell my friends dont swear near my kids the wee one does that all in his own little sweet way ...
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 23
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:47:18 AM
Depends if you smell like one as well really,dont it ewwwwwww!!!! hee hee sorry!!! couldnt help meself

Cheeky
 shaneyp
Msg: 24
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:57:53 AM
Sorry 'bout that girl,but ya left yerself wide open for that...........,and i did apologise, ,i could have just left it there...i think most of you lovely people would be quite shocked at just how much i swear-ah well,horses for courses..

vvvv no bubblegum,it dont,and i do try to tone it down,but it's like someone turning on a switch,and i cant find the off button,but i do try,most of the time anyway
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 25
Swearing
Posted: 8/15/2011 4:06:27 AM
Doesnt make you a bad person though Shane does it just the way you are AS a person...............I work with someone whose every other word is the eff word and she swears like it on shopfloor Im surprised no one has complained but then she is built like a navvy..............................
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Swearing