Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Search for Intimate Encounters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Search for Intimate EncountersPage 1 of 1    
Ok, so I did do a search on "Intimate Encounters" because I was just curious why so many women on their profile state that they do not want to communicate with someone who has looked for this. It seems like I am now banned from initiating contact with some users. How do I reset my account?
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Search for Intimate Encounters
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:41:30 AM
Oh no, say it ain't so!

I bet you only did it once too, right? Yeah you are, or were, looking to get, screwed.

No reset of you!
 pageforyou
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:58:05 AM
You can't reset your account to eliminate the record of you " looking for this" that would defeat the point of others requesting only contact from those who have not searched for intimate encounters.

If you have other technical questions about your account you can go to this threadhttp://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum4.aspx
 TDH49
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:45:30 AM
Please don't try to insult our intelligence. Searching does nothing to stop you from communicating with any woman you want. You actually have to send messages to women seeking Intimate Encounters" before this kicks in. And it has to be at least 4 to take effect so go and continue your research, nothing can be done for you here.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:50:03 AM

Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.

There are two Intimate Encounter contact restriction settings. Both can be turned on in your Mail Settings

1. Block users from making first contact that have messaged others for sex or intimate encounters.
    Set by the system based on your contact patterns AND enabled by the User

Your profile will be flagged to the system only, if you send FIRST CONTACT emails to 4 or more different members who are SEEKING AN INTIMATE ENCOUNTER or OTHER RELATIONSHIP in their profile. This establishes a definite pattern that you know what type of members you are contacting - ones who are looking for an Intimate Encounter. See also POF MAIL: Probably No Difference Between Seeking IE or Other Relationship and from the HELP Link Under Messages

If someone checks the box beside the following, at the Top of their Mail Settings, that says:

Block users from making first contact that have messaged others for sex or intimate encounters.

... and you have been system flagged as noted above, you will then be blocked from sending them emails.. Your email will appear to have been sent, but on further examination of your sent box, it hasn't registered (i.e. not displaying in your sent box).

If you claim that you don't think or don't know of any users that you have contacted first that are seeking an IE, Click HERE, to refresh your memory. Be aware, that members may not register on your contact history if they have left the site or are hidden, so it's not proof positive if they don't exist ( in the link provided) or that you haven't contacted an IE seeker in the past. Members come and go on a daily basis.

1. Will you get flagged if someone who is seeking an Intimate Encounter, CONTACTS YOU FIRST, and you reply? - NO

2. Can the site reset this flag? - NO

3. Can you yourself fix this? - NO

4. Will you be notified that the email has not been sent? - NO

5. Why? > >> POF MAIL: Why Does It Say Sent When It Isn't
    6. What if it's a mistake? - That's why it's set at 4 or more

7. Which Relation Seeking Options Does this Apply to? - Users who are seking an Intimate Encounter or Other Relationship

8. What are my options? - Contact only users who do not have this flag set OR one last obvious option

2. Must Not Be Seeking an Intimate Encounter
    Based Upon what you State in your profile AND enabled by the User

If you check this box in your Mail Settings , it simply disallows other users, who in their profile are seeking an Intimate Encounter, from contacting you - Nothing happens to your account.

If you feel you've been wrongly flagged, check your contact history, but be aware that users come and go, and of course may not be on your contact history anymore. Write to csr@pof.com.

THREAD CLOSED

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Search for Intimate Encounters