Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How often do you need to see the person you're dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oohlala21
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How often do you need to see the person you're dating?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm sure it depends on circumstance. I'm in my 20s. I don't care if a guy I'm dating is seeing multiple women when we're just starting out, but I still feel like I need to see him a minimum of once a week in order for my feelings for him to develop and go somewhere.

Some people seem content to see someone once every two weeks though.

Some maybe need to see someone much more than once a week.

How often do you desire to see someone when you first start dating? How about after you've had sex? How about after a few months of dating?
 rex401y
Msg: 2
How often do you need to see the person you're dating?
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:51:06 PM
Once every two weeks ? that is not enough for me....
I will be ok with at least 2-3 times a week regardless of the conditions you mentioned.
 misshoney1988
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:58:47 PM
As much as possible depending upon work schedules and hours (I do dislike men who are married to their jobs). I do like once a week or so to do what I want either on my own or hang out with friends, so I'd prefer to see a partner pretty much every day.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:59:41 PM
Once or twice a week, on average is fine. There may be weeks where that's not possible due to schedules, but that's life. Once every two weeks isn't really enough for me if it's a relationship, and more than twice a week can be a bit much, at least early on.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:14:59 PM
it depends on how much i am enjoying his company and how excited i am to have met him. depends on other factors too, like what is going on with our schedules, etc.

at first, unless i am really smitten, too much too soon can make me feel like running.

after sex, and a few months, pretty much the same thing, it depends, but i would say any where from 2-5 times a week.

i like moving forward but some space is good always and sometimes some away from one another gives me a chance to reflect and examine my feelings to see if i am on target with my feelings.

i would rather take the time, build and incorporate slowly than have that flash in the pan that dies as quickly as it started!

kaylee
 egowitch
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:27:43 PM
If things have developed well, and become sexual - I'm gonna want as much of them as I can get !!

But there can be so many if's that can effect how often meetings can occur - IF both people work , IF their schedules align pretty well - or counter one another , IF there's other family members to consider, IF there's proximity or a great distance between , IF both people are really hot for one another - all kinds of things can be arranged !

Once a relationship is established , when possible, I really enjoy alternating visiting and hosting at one another's homes - for sleepovers !
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:58:48 PM
It depends alot on the circumstances. If a woman is dating other men then very little is expected and it either goes exclusive or dies after a few dates. So for me until we have decided to be exclusive I would say once every week or two may be all two busy people dating other people may be able to manage.
 Spider_Woman
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:29:26 PM
I was pretty busy in my 20's so 1x every 2 weeks was plenty, except for the time I was in love. Then it varied depending on schedules from 5x in 1 week to no more than 2 weeks.
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:37:53 PM
At the beginning, getting together on weekends would suffice-assuming we both have Monday to Friday jobs. (Like the song goes, "Everybody's working for the weekend"). If things get more serious, I can see getting together one or two times during the week as well. It all depends on how the relationship is going and how much alone time versus together time works for both people. The trick is to be on the same page in that regard.
 MsMicki
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:40:13 PM
Welcome Back Oohlala!

If a man is dating me along with multiple women......then I wouldn't care how often I seen him......as he wouldn't be someone I would consider a relationship with.

If we are dating exclusively.......then I prefer at least twice a week......but will deal with once a week if "life" has us too busy.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/21/2011 9:21:14 PM
While I'm dating about once or twice a week is good enough. If I'm in a relationship I would like to see her at least 3 times a week or be consistent in communication.
 jblack187
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:04:58 AM
As much as possible IMO. I've had relationships where we saw each other every day, and I've had some where we only saw each other twice a month or something. It really depends on the situation. How close they live, how busy your lives are, etc.

I guess ideally, it would be something like a few times a week. That's more than enough time together, but not so much time together that you get tired of each other quickly. The every day thing tends to get old fast.
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:16:00 AM
1 to 3 times per week.
 That_girl*
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:26:49 AM
its more of a want..then need

but id say atleast twice aweek or more if we are both on that level with each other an enjoy each others company..
also along with keeping in touch text/talking regulary 3 or 4 times aweek if not every other day.

if your only seeing somebody once every 2weeks or twice a month an or talk or text maybe at the most once a week or every other week things will really never get off the ground how can you get to know somebody or become comfortable around each other if you never see or speak to each other..

an to me it becomes boring because thiers nothing going on an no action an nothing to look forward to but waiting an time passing plus that leaves the door wide open for somebody eles to easily step in an take thier place an be with you or for you to replace them.

its kinda like standing an waiting in water thats not moving,every once in awhile a ripple might come along but who gets excited about that..mean while everybody around you is having fun an spending time 2gether with somebody an your still waiting for that lil ripple every 2weeks or twice a month..

for some people they enjoy once a month or every couple weeks of talkin to or seeing that person if it works for them an they both want it..an for some poeple that works because they have alot of other people thier doing an seeing or a main boyfriend or girlfriend already in the picture..

but for me that routine gets old real quick an i need more!
 petya_mila
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:51:24 AM
All of my serious relationships, including the one with my fiance, have followed a similar pattern. Once-a-week dates for the first month or so, then progressing to spending the weekend (Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday morning) together, then spending a day or two during the weekday about six or so months down the line. I can't fathom seeing a guy I am exclusive with only once a week at a certain point.

I generally didn't desire to see a guy more than once a week pre-sex and pre-getting to know him. After sex, I didn't desire to see him more right away, but generally it just happened that I would. My fiance and I slept together after about a month and a half of dating. The next weekend, we started spending weekends together. Before that, it was one day a week.
 short_stuff_1980
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2011 12:46:35 PM
i would say the same as petya mila said. just depends if the one i was seeing had kids
 carolann0308
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2011 1:43:36 PM
When I was in my twenties my Dad had to beat them off with a stick. They'd be around all the time.
Things have changed considerably since then.
When we a guy and I were serious we would see each other almost daily and definitely spoke at least once a day. Now that everyone has big jobs and kids you are lucky to get together once a week.
 Carte_Blanche
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/22/2011 2:17:10 PM
I like to see them every time I'm feeling a bit horny or when I need help putting up a kitchen shelf.
 smalltowngirl0
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/22/2011 4:39:23 PM
""If things have developed well, and become sexual - I'm gonna want as much of them as I can get !! ""

i agree with this poster.
the man i am seeing lives in Dallas, (two hours or so from me) and we would like to see more often...but..his job is a butt he usually works weekends too. so i have to share time with work, and his kids. boys 14& 16, who i have not met yet. and wont soon either. he is cautious, but have been w/ him almost six months. and he wants to relocate to me.
 thechee
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/22/2011 5:45:21 PM
Definitely more than once a week if we've been dating for some time. I'd be content with 3 times a week.
 RushLuv
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/22/2011 6:28:57 PM

How often do you desire to see someone when you first start dating?

A guy I'm steadily dating, twice a week is fine by me. If we can make the time for more, that is just fine by me as well.
 abelian
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/22/2011 6:31:19 PM
How often do you desire to see someone when you first start dating? How about after you've had sex?

Sexhappens quickly enough that there's no real difference and in general, once we've had sex, we both ended up spending our free time together and doing things as a couple. Either the chemistry is there on the first date or it isn't. I've never dated a woman who would have been ok with only seeing me one or two nights each week. I'd think that's sort of meh as far as interest goes. If she didn't want to see me as often as possible, I wouldn't take her seriously as relationship material.

How about after a few months of dating?

Pretty much the same.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2011 7:23:23 PM

its more of a want..then need

That's a good point.

but id say atleast twice aweek or more if we are both on that level with each other an enjoy each others company..
also along with keeping in touch text/talking regulary 3 or 4 times aweek if not every other day.

Agreed. It's one thing to see each other a time or two per week, but talking once a day or once every couple days as well....at least in the beginning when you have tons to talk about.
 abelian
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/22/2011 7:26:45 PM

Agreed. It's one thing to see each other a time or two per week, but talking once a day or once every couple days as well....at least in the beginning when you have tons to talk about.

That seems sort of backwards. I've always found the longer I've been with someone, the more we have to talk about.
 sweetfunfitgirl
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/22/2011 7:33:14 PM
Yes. I can talk to someone I know well for hours. But I think that there are also people that I just meet with whom I feel comfortable.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How often do you need to see the person you're dating?