Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men get upset at these things?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nefaris
Msg: 1
Why do men get upset at these things?Page 1 of 1    
I've noticed guys getting upset at me when I don't reply to their messages. I mean most of the ones I don't reply to are just something simple like "Hi". I mean I don't see the point in always replying saying I'm not on here because in the past they'd just freak out and ask why I'm even on here. I mean when I message some one and they don't reply I leave it at that and I don't get mad if they tell me they are not interested. So what is the problem?
 TDH49
Msg: 2
Why do men get upset at these things?
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:15:42 PM
I have noticed that a lot of people don't bother to read the rules before starting a new thread. It says right there in bold letters you need to do a search on the topic you write about to make sure it's not redundant.

I don't understand how you know these men are upset unless they message you again after the first message. Just do what most women here do, block them and that will end it.
 Tim0066
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:22:40 PM
Why do bears shit in the woods?

I've gotten some really rude emails when I read/deleted someone and I've gotten them when politely replying with a not interested...

Welcome to the world of online dating.

I asked a girl out (offline) a few weeks ago, she said yeah she'd like to go out and she gave me her number... then she ignores my first phone call that night to talk. I called her on the weekend when we were supposed to go out and she didn't answer so I texted and said she could call me if she still wanted to go out... she replied with "Who's this, I lost phone and got new one and lost all my contacts" I answered and told her I was still interested in getting together... she never replied... which just told me she didn't want to go out... why didn't she just "say" she didn't want to or changed her mind... I don't know the answer but I just left it as is.... I'm not going to let it bother me no more so then you should let the nasty replies you get to bother you.

Move along to the polite/cool people you're interested in... and forget the ones that are uptight or don't take rejection well.
 SunDevil_in_SC
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:26:19 PM
Kinda weird perspective from a woman who is interest in just friends. Have you thought of just e-mailing them back and say, "Hey, I'm just looking for friends." (Heck you could make it a cut-and-paste response ...)

Beyond that, I agree with tdk ... they're not entitled to a response, so let them stew if they want ... and this is a redundant topic ...
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:48:04 PM
Misa, if I was younger and saw your photo and wrote you, and you didn't write back, I would find a bridge and jump off.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:57:06 PM
Misa

You are just a young girl.
Internet dating is not the place for you.
I'm sure you can find LOTS of young men right in your backyard.

Go enjoy life.
There is so much to see and do.
Don't get caught up with all the wack-o's on here.
 redraider609
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:05:18 PM
Who cares if they get upset? Can you not just ignore the ones that do? You are looking for "just friends" anyway... good luck with that on a dating website.............
 MyFishtory
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:22:04 PM
They're getting upset at those "things" because they know they'll never see them...bah ha ha ha
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:15:39 PM

I'm sure you can find LOTS of young men right in your backyard.

Actually Trenton is TINY. online dating is a good resource up there.
 unclezeus
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:16:06 PM

"Men" don't.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:24:24 PM
I liked the Trenton are....

Don't sweat the boys who get upset with you.....just answer the message that you want to answer.
 MaskedNobleman
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:43:59 PM
The ones that get easily offended when you ignore them are more than likely dealing with a fragile ego/self-esteem. It is likely they have attempted the same with countless others and have gotten similar results and so rather than try and learn from mistakes they are more content to blissfully ignore their inadequate state and place the blame solely on the recipient.

As for the original poster seeking friendship, I have always seen that as "testing grounds." When you speak to a potential friend you are less likely to put on a charade than you would with someone openly seeking a relationship.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:48:54 PM

So what is the problem?

the problem is that you are really sexy young thing based on your pic...

and because of this you're gonna open yourself up to all comers...

Not saying anything against yours sexiness- but really...guys sometimes get annoyed and act stupid to girls cuz it gets their attention...

see- its workin right?

what should you do?

ignore than all and don't give it a second thought....

its nothing personal against you at all...
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:56:20 PM
Simple answer: Because they're interested in you and you're not even giving them a chance

If you were really interested in a guy, or a job, or whatever.. and they didn't give you a chance wouldn't you be frustrated and a little angry, too?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:47:27 PM
when you get a little older, op, you'll realize the disingenuousness and general inadvisability of posting a tit shot on a dating site when you're not looking to date.

be that as it may, you can just block anyone you don't want to deal with.

<div class='quote'>If you were really interested in a guy, or a job, or whatever.. and they didn't give you a chance wouldn't you be frustrated and a little angry, too?
she DID give them a chance, in all likelihood, by glancing at their top photo and subject line.

and any guy who's 'really interested' in someone based solely on a dating site profile is creating his own frustration
edit \/ \/

Merely looking at a photo and subject line and laying judgment before you've actually spoken with them is not giving someone a fair chance. You're judging a book by its cover

nobody here, including you, owes anyone a date, so the idea of fairness is irrelevant. and there's nothing wrong with judging books by covers, since that's what humans have evolved to base most of mate selection on.
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:51:54 PM
Merely looking at a photo and subject line and laying judgment before you've actually spoken with them is not giving someone a fair chance. You're judging a book by its cover

But anyway... she asked why guys got upset and I gave her the answer. No need to over-analyze it
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:23:41 AM

Simple answer: Because they're interested in you and you're not even giving them a chance

If you were really interested in a guy, or a job, or whatever.. and they didn't give you a chance wouldn't you be frustrated and a little angry, too?

Bwahahahahahaaahahahaa hahahahahahaa!! No. Most reasonable people would not be angry. I have not got many jobs that I have applied for and been rejected by several women. Never once have I been 'angry'. Disappointed? Yeah. Even a little frustrated. But angry? Never. The previous poster that said you are not owed a date is ABSOLUTELY correct. Even as you say in your post 'If you were really interested in a guy" Who can they be 'really' interested from just her profile? If they can judge her enough to be 'really' interested, then she can determine from a single message and their profile if she is interested too!! You don't even make any sense.
Look sometimes the people that we are interested in are not interested in us. To get our panties in a bunch over it is not reasonable. You say that you are simply answering her question and don't over analyze it... well I call BS. You tried to DEFEND their actions and frame it so that she somehow did somethig wrong by not interacting with someone that she did not wish to interact with. She, nor you, nor ANYONE ELSE is obligated to talk to anyone here that they do not want to. She does not owe anyone anything more than to read a messgae and maybe glance at a profile. That is ALL THE CHANCE THAT YOU GET HERE pal. You do with that opportunity what you will.
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/27/2011 1:42:13 AM
But we're not talking about reasonable people. We're not talking about people who get upset about it and then write her back. I am not one of these people. But I do understand where they're coming from... and don't tell me you've never been there either! You can't honestly tell me you were ever interested in a really cool or good looking gal and she shot down your advances. I know for a fact that you have! You know how I know? Because you are a man and are on this website. Case closed
 MaskedNobleman
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/27/2011 1:52:23 AM
That's quite the assumption to make.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men get upset at these things?