Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to change my country setting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IslandTeacher
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How to change my country setting?Page 1 of 1    
I just can't figure it out. I moved from Canada to Hong Kong. I went to edit my account but there is nowhere to change the country.

So tried to create a new POF account and it says Hong Kong is not one of the places I can set-up a POF account yet there are hundreds if not thousands of people on POF with a listed address of Hong Kong. I must be missing something?

Thanks,

Richard
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How to change my country setting?
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:09:51 AM
You may not be in a country POF supports.

To change your country edit your profile. Scroll to the bottom and change the country. Remember to update the registration info.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:17:19 AM
I just can't figure it out. I moved from Canada to Hong Kong. I went to edit my account but there is nowhere to change the country.

So tried to create a new POF account and it says Hong Kong is not one of the places I can set-up a POF account yet there are hundreds if not thousands of people on POF with a listed address of Hong Kong. I must be missing something?

2 things I need to address.

1) You can not have multiple accounts as per the user agreement on POF.

2) If what you post is accurate, it sounds like POF is no longer accepting new applications for members in Hong Kong. It is the only explanation I can think of as to why you see some users with Hong Kong as a location but unable to do it yourself. ---------------------------------------------------
edited to add: I manually checked the list myself and in fact I do see Hong Kong listed so that leaves me to wonder if you're just not looking in the right place. Either way, below are detailed instructions as how to update your country.

Directions to Change your Country

Go to edit profile.
Cursor down to the section called ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
You'll see a country section. Select Hong Kong as the country.
Then click update registration.
 IslandTeacher
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:21:21 AM
Thanks everyone

I feel kinda stupid but I just didn't see the essential information section where I could change the country - it was so easy. I could swear it wasn't there before though. When you update just the profile part it changes the screen and the lower options like the essential options are no longer there. Could be wrong and just missed it though.

Anyway, it works so thanks a lot.

Richard
 GaFlFun
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2013 3:39:50 AM
Thank You, I had overlooked the country setting at the bottom of the page.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to change my country setting?