Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Excellent way to verify fake photos on profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 divesfree
Msg: 1
Excellent way to verify fake photos on profilesPage 1 of 1    
I found at least two profiles in Montreal that have fake photos. That is, the photos are swiped from other sites on the web.

Using the search engine by TinEye, I can find the originals of the photos. Since the forum rules state we can't post web sites, I'll let you all figure out the URL from the site name .

In one case, I got the image "attached" in an email (it's not visible on the profile). In the other case, all three images are traceable to photos of a Thai actress.

My question is: how should I best report these profiles?

To use the tineye search engine, go to its web site, then specify the URL of the image you suspect is fake. To get that URL, right-click on the image on the POF profile (or the email if it was attached).

I can provide the real examples here, but I'm not sure if that's allowed by the rules.
 divesfree
Msg: 2
Excellent way to verify fake photos on profiles
Posted: 9/6/2011 7:33:48 PM
Yesterday I reported as you suggested, and both profiles are now gone. Thanks!
 divesfree
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:28:13 AM
Hey - one of the profiles is back, with the fake photos. I reported it again a few days ago, but nothing has happened.

What's going on?

Here's the profile with those Thai actress photos I mentioned in the Original Post:
http://www.pof.com/member
 divesfree
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:42:00 AM
But I think there's something more. This person was in my contact history from a year ago - that's how I know the profile wasn't deleted. I'm assuming if someone comes back, she would get a new profile ID and I shouldn't see that new one in my history (if I never contacted her in her new form). Or at least, the profile that the history entry from a year ago wouldn't be active.

My conclusion is that the account was never deleted. I am sure I've reported it at least twice, but it wasn't removed.
 divesfree
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:10:31 AM
Thank you, sir. Helpful as usual!
 Officially_Cocoa_Dulce
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/8/2011 11:46:32 AM
I need some assistance guys. How do I get an account deleted? This user *************** has decided to slander my name & character. I've reported the profile, however a POF rep has yet to respond to my report, hence the fake profile still exists.

Top of this forum???

ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - PLEASE CLICK HERE FIRST
  • Also Click Here If You Need To Report Someone or Contact The Site

Couple2012
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/15/2011 10:40:25 AM
Yes most favorite tool i been using for the 3 years. Tineye and now I also used Google search image very good also. Found a lot of pictures there where Tineye did not. Vice versa.

Found a few in this site that already some are exploiting other legit members to pass around photos while they are giving someone else photos.

Be very extra careful from those Scammers guys. Very careful.

If things seem to get serious and you not to sure if this person is real...ask them to webcam with you OR to sent you a new picture of them self with a card saying Hi yourname from whatever time or place they are. But again, sadly I seen some having pictures of the person with a card and would use photo shop to edit the picture and add there own informations.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Excellent way to verify fake photos on profiles