Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do I act?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Katy_Perry_Fan
Msg: 1
How do I act?!Page 1 of 1    
So there's this guy I've been talking to on here, and he's just... amazing. We like the same things, we talk so easily, he makes me laugh, and I make him laugh... I gave him my number and we talked for two hours last night... I really really like this guy, but I'm not experienced in the dating world. I don't know how to flirt, how to act, how to do anything really. The only other dates I had consisted of a Ferris Wheel Ride where the guy sat on the other side... -_- and dumped me two days later, and a quick meet-and-greet at a pizza hut that lasted all of 15 minutes.. I really don't want to screw things up with this guy... he seems perfect... so how do I "not screw up"
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:30:29 AM
Be yourself... if you have to put on airs in order to attract someone or maintain their interest, they're not worth it...
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 3
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:38:42 AM
Kiddo, meet him first, phone connections, email connection are one thing, real life meeting is another, its good that you're excited, lots of kids your age that are on line complain that they cant meet a soul, so you're doing fine.

Just don't go to his place, or invite him back to yours, meet first and take it from there, how do you act? be your self , let the conversation flow trust me its easier than you think kiddo, go out and have fun and don't worry about " screwing " it up well all screw things up at one point that is how we learn.

Have fun
 Spider_Woman
Msg: 4
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:39:25 AM
Off topic:
I'd encourage you to post some writing in the writing forums here.
Off topic I hope:
It looks like you had a shiner on your right eye... how'd you get that?

On Topic:
1. He is not perfect. JEEEEEEEZ.

2. People will tell you to just be yourself. That's the only sure-fire way that you will not screw up. But they don't always explain just what that means.

2a. Leaving aside the idea that you might use it as an excuse to be rude or cruel (you don't read that way to me), the idea is to let everything which comes out of your mouth be completely honest. The very second that you start trying to color your actions or speech in hues that you think he will find pleasing (so as to not screw up), you have betrayed yourself -- the biggest screwup.

2a(1) People can tell when you do that. They hate it. Don't you hate it when it's done to you?

2a(2) There's no point in falsity. Putting out a fake you for them to like, will cause tension about when they find out you faked on your part, and disappointment for both of you when you finally do relax enough to be you. Skip the faking, go straight to relaxing, secure in the knowledge that it's the only behavior which makes any sense at all ever.

3. Your schooling and career should remain a primary focus at all times. Relationships may come and go for a few years yet and that's natural. Let your goals slide for a boy, or because of a boy, and you'll regret it, I promise.
 daffie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:50:47 AM
be aware that talking on the phone and getting along well doesn't always translate to a success meeting.

you've already broken the ice so just relax, have fun and enjoy your date...
 Katy_Perry_Fan
Msg: 6
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:09:59 AM
ah i had a skin-cancer thing removed in 7th grade... when I get sunburnt, it looks really bad lol but no, I didn't get punched lol
 Katy_Perry_Fan
Msg: 7
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:12:09 AM
i know there's alot of uncertainties, but... idk how do I flirt- and show him I'm interested
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 8
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 11:57:12 AM
Meet in person ASAP and see if he is still * amazing *. Be yourself. It is what it is.

A lot of people come off as * amazing * and when you meet them you will find yourself asking who you were e mailing. LOL Do not get overly excited, or get hopes TOO high. I am just being realistic. When I was new to this a LONG time ago, it took 4 meets and I learned people just lie. Sucks, but true.

Be safe too. Public place, day time, blah blah blah. And treat it as no big deal.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 9
view profile
History
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/11/2011 12:01:58 PM

but... idk how do I flirt- and show him I'm interested

Smile.

Ummm, you know that he just might not be as great as you think he is....he just might be an ordinary guy.
 Spider_Woman
Msg: 10
How do I act?!
Posted: 9/12/2011 4:43:12 AM
You show him you're interested in dating, by going on dates.

Who on earth told you flirting is mandatory? It's not. Would seem to contradict your goal of saving sex til after marriage. Would contradict the idea of being yourself. Is it that you have no self to be? Or that you're very sure your self is not enough, so something different has to be the answer?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do I act?!