Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Alex9535
Msg: 1
Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!Page 1 of 1    
My "serious member" membership ends on Sept 23 and I don't want to renew. I want to ensure that my credit card does not get automatically rebilled. I have been in contact with staff at csr@pof.com who have indicated that I should turn off any automatic rebilling by clicking "Account" at the top of the page. I have clicked "Account" but unfortunately I do not see any instructions on how to turn off automatic rebilling. The only directions provided are "click here to extend your upgrade". I have sent another email to csr@pof.com requesting that they simply turn off automatic rebilling themselves but have not received a reply as of yet. Any advice would be much appreciated.
 BigFish
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!
Posted: 9/17/2011 10:26:15 AM
Auto rebilling doesn't apply to anyone who had a membership before last week.
 nicholas_28
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/4/2011 9:26:26 PM
also have same problem, dont wanna be rebilled automatically...
so what I must delete profile to avoid this?

Read the post above you from the site owner. If you're still in a position to be auto billed then email csr@pof.com

tmannband
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:05:52 PM
Can't even find account page. Where is it??? I've sent 2 messages already to pof.
 rec_diver
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/1/2012 11:10:10 AM
auto rebilling doesn't apply to anyone who had a membership before last week.

Nice. /sarcasm off.

POF jumps onboard with the same auto rebill crap that happens on other dating sites, without even saying anything about it. When I paid for a premium subscription a year or so back there was no autorebill default option and there was no reason to think that changed since that time.

Sure you can cancel easily with one or two clicks but it's all in the fine print.

If I hadn't read this thread by chance my credit card would have been hit for another 3 months when the subscription expires next month.

These sorts of things leave a really bad taste in my mouth about how a business treats it's customers, although that much being said POF has been very good to me so I'd still recommend this place.
 Albertabrat
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:36:24 AM
I have emailed csr about this issue as well but have not heard back and the above noted is not available.

Can someone please advise how we go about cancelling the auto rebilling?

Thanks
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:08:55 PM
^^^^ moderators here are NOT staff of this site. You were provided the customer service email at CSR@POF.COM.
Can someone please advise how we go about cancelling the auto rebilling? [/quote.

Thats the one and only answer. 32 million profiles here. A small csr staff handling a wide variety of complaints, issues and questions god bless them all. It can take a few days for an answer. ALL YOU CAN DO is email them at csr@pof.com and wait. There is no phone number or other contact point available.

Cowboy
 jcm572
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:48:37 AM
Where is the "account tab" i cannot find it.
 wana play69
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:04:00 PM
you should be able to contact your credit card provider and explain to them that you cancelled and they should stop the payments for you. i have done that when i was being billed automatic on other issues
 Carberg
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/25/2012 9:32:07 PM
This is the third time I write to you about dropping my upgraded membership. I no longer want to be an upgraded member!!!! Please credit my account for the fifty dollars that I was charged this month!! If I don't see a credit on my debit card account soon, I am contacting the Better Business Bureau to report you!!!!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/25/2012 9:37:05 PM
You'll have to contact csr@pof.com for any billing issues.
 hootnhollr
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:21:03 PM
why am i getting charged when everyone else is free?
 mplf
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2012 1:11:00 PM
I have made repeated requests to end automatic billing which have gone ignored by POF.

they don't offer an option to cancel automatic billing and will continue to do so long after the subscription has ended. This has now been reported as fraud to my bank and to Watchdog on the BBC as it is in direct breach of the PCI DSS code for online payments https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/security_standards/ which require payment details to be removed from a persons account upon request.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/3/2012 5:31:58 PM

hootnhollr - why am i getting charged when everyone else is free?
POF is a primarily free service. You can have a profile here, for free. You can search for and contact other members, for free. You can read your message and respond, for free. All of the tools you need are provided for free. However, there are additional features which are optional and charged for - things like seeing when someone opens your messages, repeatedly views your profile etc.

At some stage, you must have decided to upgrade and provided your credit card details in order to be billed. If you are paying, it will be for these optional features and it will be a decision you made and subscribed to.

[quote[mplf - I have made repeated requests to end automatic billing which have gone ignored by POF.Have you tried reading the Terms of Service as published here and following the information provided within them for stopping automatic billing?

The Terms are available here - http://www.pof.com/terms.aspx

Within them, it states:-

Billing and Payment
Plentyoffish will use the credit card information you provide to bill you for goods and services. By registering for the Paid Memberships or Paid Features and providing your credit card details, you agree to be billed by us for your for-fee service in advance.

Automatic Renewal
Paid Memberships are subscriptions. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. [You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go your Account page and opt out of automatic renewal of your purchase. If you opt out of automatic renewal after your purchase, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. You won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. Paid Memberships cannot be transferred to any other account. By subscribing to the Paid Membership, you authorize Plentyoffish to bill the credit card you provided now and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. You also authorize Plentyoffish to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription payments.

Reaffirmation of Authorization
Your non-termination or continued use of the Paid Memberships reaffirms that Plentyoffish is authorized to charge the credit card information provided. Plentyoffish may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive Plentyoffish’s right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Paid Memberships.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/3/2012 5:33:27 PM

hootnhollr - why am i getting charged when everyone else is free?
POF is a primarily free service. You can have a profile here, for free. You can search for and contact other members, for free. You can read your message and respond, for free. All of the tools you need are provided for free. However, there are additional features which are optional and charged for - things like seeing when someone opens your messages, repeatedly views your profile etc.

At some stage, you must have decided to upgrade and provided your credit card details in order to be billed. If you are paying, it will be for these optional features and it will be a decision you made and subscribed to.

mplf - I have made repeated requests to end automatic billing which have gone ignored by POF.
Have you tried reading the Terms of Service as published here and following the information provided within them for stopping automatic billing?

The Terms are available here - http://www.pof.com/terms.aspx

Within them, it states:-

Billing and Payment
Plentyoffish will use the credit card information you provide to bill you for goods and services. By registering for the Paid Memberships or Paid Features and providing your credit card details, you agree to be billed by us for your for-fee service in advance.

Automatic Renewal
Paid Memberships are subscriptions. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. [You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go your Account page and opt out of automatic renewal of your purchase. If you opt out of automatic renewal after your purchase, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. You won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. Paid Memberships cannot be transferred to any other account. By subscribing to the Paid Membership, you authorize Plentyoffish to bill the credit card you provided now and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. You also authorize Plentyoffish to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription payments.

Reaffirmation of Authorization
Your non-termination or continued use of the Paid Memberships reaffirms that Plentyoffish is authorized to charge the credit card information provided. Plentyoffish may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive Plentyoffish’s right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Paid Memberships.
 go1denheart
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/15/2013 4:40:23 PM
there is NO link on the accounts page to opt out of automatic billing
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2013 11:24:37 AM
Even if I wanted to upgrade I wouldn't just for this reason. Too much hasstle.
 florabunda
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/24/2013 6:22:14 PM
I agree. The is no link on the accounts page to opt out of automatic billing. Does anyone know how to find the link to unsubscribe?

Thanks.
 lightstar1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2013 12:36:12 AM
Many years ago in the UK, a firm using auto-renewal of contracts lost a court case brought by an unhappy customer.
I don't know what the score is with a Canadian company, but surely we have some tame legal eagles on board who might offer some advice?

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!