Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Love its 50 mile radius      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrGotti
Msg: 1
Love its 50 mile radiusPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I been trying out dating sites for a while now and have been on several dates. But why is it that everyone thinks they're going to meet their soulmate within 50 miles of where they live and work??

I'm in Atlanta and let's just say that it takes a long time to get around because or sheer size of the place and due to lots of traffic depending on what time of day it is. And I've been told by a couple of women that I could've been the one if I didn't live so far away from where they live.

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard a woman say. Buy fortunately for me, they weren't the one for me anyway but if I thought that they could've been the one I don't think i'd care how far away she resided from me. I would find a way to find out if she really was my soulmate.

So, my question is do you really think your soulmates is within a 50 mike radius of where you live?
 MrGotti
Msg: 2
Love and its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/25/2011 12:18:29 PM
Sorry for the typos. I type really fast and they don't let you edit.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/25/2011 12:58:54 PM
They let you edit.

Some people don't want to drive for hours and meet someone, just to drive back the same amount of hours (especially if it's a one day visit).
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:04:11 PM
It's not a matter of believing that a "soulmate " actually exists, nor that they WILL be within 50 miles. It's more that a LOT of people have found that when someone is fairly far away in time, that no matter how charming they are, the relationship doesn't work due to the inability to get together often enough.

Be as romantic as you like in your beliefs. If you DO have the easy ability to move to a new place, or to date regularly at greater distances, you go right ahead. There's certainly no one stopping you.
 D_Fun
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:11:02 PM
i wouldn't walk 500 miles, and i wouldn't walk 500 more, coz to be the man that walks a 100 miles... Drop dead at your doooooooor

la laa la, no no no WAY
:)
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:31:16 PM
^^^
You one of the Proclaimers?

It's different for everyone OP.
What may be acceptable for you
may not be for another.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:56:53 PM
I don't believe in soulmates, I think that's Walt Disney crap.

I do believe however that the right guy for me will live within a half hour (though I'd not want him living a block away either) - cause I'm not traveling beyond that to date someone unless he wants to do the driving. So if it ain't local, it's not right for me - and that's my thing.

There are many reasons for this, not the least of which is that I want to be able to make plans with some spontaneity as the relationship progresses, and that I'm not a fan of sleepovers, so when ending a night I don't want anyone to drive real far to get home/send someone else home.

I live in a state where that's reasonable, though.

Although in Atlanta (my mom lived there) isn't there a pretty dense population where you'd meet a ton of people in a 50 mile radius?
 D_Fun
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 2:02:57 PM
@U make it entertaining.... no i'm actually the bear from Bo-selecta :P

& honestly, i had a GF who lived in london, it used to cost me £90 just to visit her... It was why it never last long, even if she was a lovely girl, it wasn't ever going to work! I meet amazing girls fairly often........................ Shame i'm me though isn't it lol
 HappyDip
Msg: 9
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/25/2011 3:43:14 PM

But why is it that everyone thinks they're going to meet their soulmate within 50 miles of where they live and work??

Many people don't have the time, money, temperament, personality, lifestyle, etc., to handle anything more than a 30 minute drive.

It's like saying "why is it some people exclude prisons and prisoners from their soul mate search? Why do people think their soulmate is not a prisoner?" I mean there are about 7 million people in prison, jail, or parole in the U.S.. That's a lot of people to exclude.

IMO it's just one of many exclusions people have to make their lives easier.

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard a woman say.

At one time I think there was the excuse "I can't go out with you Saturday, that's the night I'm washing my hair."

Buy fortunately for me, they weren't the one for me anyway

Sooooo...you're saying the distance restriction actually helped identify those that weren't the one?

my question is do you really think your soulmates is within a 50 mike radius of where you live?

Yes. If I have a soul, then a higher power created it. If a higher power is responsible for my life or in control of it and what happens, then that higher power is going to place that soulmate where an opportunity can be taken. Otherwise, why create a soulmate in the first place.
I can't believe any higher power is going to look down on my soul and say "Ha ha, he has a restriction on distance. I know, I'm going to place his soulmate in CHINA. I'm hilarious."

Or a higher power is going to go through the thought process of "Hmmmm...I created this guys soul to be a certain way. So he's going to become a certain person (and being omniscient, well, I know already), so I am going to play this trick and make sure to keep his soulmate as far away from him as possible."
 want to travel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:25:29 AM
I agree with the op
windsor is across the river from Detroit, in order for me to visit my sister I have to go about 50 miles!!!
50 miles is nothing, a heck of a lot of people commute more than that every day!!!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:23:47 PM
Well, to those that dont mind having to drive almost an hour, seek the members of the opposite sex who agree with you and take it from there.

My 'dream man' will be easily accessable for lunch dates and quick meetings after work and such.

To each thier own.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 12
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:08:24 PM
I'm open to meeting someone who is an hour's drive away, but there's a lot to be said for someone who is close by. I dated someone where I recently moved from and he lived 15 minutes away. It encouraged us to call at the drop of a hat and say, "would you like to meet for dinner or go to a movie", etc.
I'm seeking a relationship. At some point in dating the one I'll be seeing for a while, it will get to the point when I'd like to invite him over to hang out and watch a movie or go hang out with friends in an impromptu setting, and that's not easy being an hour or more away.
It takes some of the fun out of it if everything has to be planned for a week or more away-
 valenciacityx
Msg: 13
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/26/2011 4:58:31 PM
The only way I get anyone to match in 50 miles.... is if I go to Canada.
Domestically, I am apparently asking for the moon for a woman to be my age (+/-7 years) , not married, no kids, not divorced, doesn't smoke and not wanting kids.
the answer was Importing the girl, or Exporting myself.
Happier Abroad.
(for the right girl, I would fly around the world, relocate to a new country and learn a new language )
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 14
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 12:58:53 AM
To say you live too far away can just be an excuse as they are basically not that interested. I think an hour distance is fine and any more than that can be a problem.
I know a guy who doesnt want to travel further say 15ks but he is still on the sites I notice.... Cant afford to be that fussy... He says he is busy and he really didnt have much time for a relationship with work and all but can play golf two days a week I noticed. I kicked him to the kerb.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 15
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 1:01:45 AM
Totally agree, for the right person you would go anywhere on the globe.
Relocate and so on... Yes I agree to expect a woman not to want kids, not have any or not even be divorced can narrow the field for sure...
 LukeT77
Msg: 16
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 2:10:25 AM
Totally agree, for the right person you would go anywhere on the globe.
Relocate and so on... Yes I agree to expect a woman not to want kids, not have any or not even be divorced can narrow the field for sure...

Long distance does add a certain financial/time strain to any relationship. My sister and her boyfriend have been together for over 5 years and they only see each other on weekends, or sometimes a couple of weeks at a time. It's tough on them sometimes, but they make it work. They met at university, so the long distance element came in after their relationship was already established.

Love knows no boundaries, but long distance will certainly put some strain on a fledgling relationship where the couple want to see each other more regularly.
 sans_titre
Msg: 17
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 12:03:40 PM
Well, I don't do more than a 30 mile radius. With time available between two people and the cost of gas, I just think its being pratical. If I am seeing someone I want to be able to actually see them.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 18
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 5:55:03 PM
I know a guy who doesnt want to travel further say 15ks but he is still on the sites I notice.... Cant afford to be that fussy... He says he is busy and he really didnt have much time for a relationship with work and all but can play golf two days a week I noticed. I kicked him to the kerb. ... femaleandflirty

Actually ... it sounds like he wasn't that much into you.

Personalty, I don't mind the hour drive.
It's nice to get away from home and do a sleepover.
But then, I'm not set to a strict schedule,
Working for yourself allows you that option.
 SweetLady95
Msg: 19
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:06:42 PM
Yeah.. 50 mile radius is perfect for me. I don't do long distance relationship. I like to be able to see the person that I'm with. You would probably only get to see them on the weekends and that would also make reserving all of your weekends for that person. Not for me.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:51:57 AM

It's like saying "why is it some people exclude prisons and prisoners from their soul mate search? Why do people think their soulmate is not a prisoner?" I mean there are about 7 million people in prison, jail, or parole in the U.S.. That's a lot of people to exclude.

lol. Yes !

Few people have a soulmate in mind that is in low paid work, lives in a third world country with 6 ex partners and 14 children, is under 5 foot 7, ugly, disabled, fat, have a lisp and a stammer, bald, bad breath and cheesy feet !
 virVerus
Msg: 21
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:30:24 PM
I don't think I'm going to meet my "soulmate" within 50 miles of where I live unless it's a single foreign woman fresh off the plane or boat who hasn't become a female chauvinist yet or refusing to even meet a guy unless he's at least 5'10" or otherwise attractive. Well, I live in the DFW area and it's happened before. Circumstances.
 virVerus
Msg: 22
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:35:16 PM

The only way I get anyone to match in 50 miles.... is if I go to Canada.
Domestically, I am apparently asking for the moon for a woman to be my age (+/-7 years) , not married, no kids, not divorced, doesn't smoke and not wanting kids.
the answer was Importing the girl, or Exporting myself.
Happier Abroad.
(for the right girl, I would fly around the world, relocate to a new country and learn a new language )

In most cases if you're a guy under 5'10" foreign is the way to go!
 rossv1968
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 10/7/2011 4:34:53 AM
I'll stick my "two cents" worth in from a realist point of view.

I own my home. If a female does not live close to my home, we are not going out.

Would I spend my last dime to drive 50 miles for someone I care about? Yes
Would I finance my home for the "chance" of true love? No
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 24
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 10/7/2011 12:40:58 PM
I'm too "needy" to date someone who lives further than a 20-30 minute drive.

At least I'm honest :)

I also don't believe in soul mates.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Love its 50 mile radius
Posted: 10/7/2011 1:56:46 PM
~OT~ I've been in the same room with someone and been worlds apart, yet I've been 3000 miles in between my man and myself and have never been closer to someone. Geography? That's easy to remedy ~ trains, planes and automobiles make anything possible. Distance between two hearts? There's just no cure for that. I'd take geographical distance over heart-distance any day. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Love its 50 mile radius