Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how to introduce myself      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bcaesar720
Msg: 1
how to introduce myselfPage 1 of 1    
i was wondering what is a good way to introduce myself, like its alot of guys on here fronting and looking for one night stands.. so its hard to stand out from the pack.. cause im genuinely looking for love. any idea ladies??
 unclezeus
Msg: 2
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:51:52 AM

what is a good way to introduce myself,

You can start with your name. Women usually want to refer to you sometimes in the formal.

like its alot of guys on here fronting and looking for one night stands..

Gee, does that ruin your game?

so its hard to stand out from the pack.

Even harder when they don't know your name.

cause im genuinely looking for love.

You're too young for that kind of commitment. Look for passion and ride that wave for a few months.
When you're 25, then you can tell women that line, you're genuinely looking for love.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 3
view profile
History
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:47:31 AM
"im 22
going to school for nursing
listen to all music from hip hop to techno
big basketball and video game fan
love to have fun, and im very confident in myself..
i love God"

This isn't helping you stand out.

God ? Come on man this is the 21st not the 1st Century.
 1bellanella
Msg: 4
view profile
History
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:28:15 AM
Ughhh.. Put a shirt on already.
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:08:19 AM

God ? Come on man this is the 21st not the 1st Century.
He's American, they say things like that. There's a very popular English YouTube person who happened to mention once that he's an atheist, and he got dozens if not hundreds of comments saying things like "I can't watch your videos now I know you're an atheist, I'm so upset".

Anyway, that's another discussion entirely. My point is while "I love God" would send most people running for the hills in this country, that's not necessarily true in other cultures (and the US is a different culture, despite the common language).

Hopefully you can get some useful tips, Bcaesar720, but there's no one right way to make a first approach. Tastes vary too widely. Some love to be paid compliments on their appearance right off the bat, while others find that creepy. Some like to sent a goofily humorous message, while others find that frivolous.
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:34:00 AM
Hand to God (Yeah, I'm an AMERICAN I wrote GOD), complete sentences with proper punctuation will go a long way.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:48:59 AM

i was wondering what is a good way to introduce myself,

Your profile introduces you on here. Pics are a key. Put on a shirt and hopefully find a friend to take some pics NOT in a bathroom mirror for starters.

Learn how to do a thread search in the forums. Try first contact or first message.

Cowboy
how to introduce myself
Posted: 9/29/2011 11:34:31 AM

Use like three periods at the end of it... Like you are waiting for their reply...

Or don't... Female friend on here finds that really creepy... For some reason...
 astheruinsfall
Msg: 9
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:10:35 AM
I see what you did there...
 Fishinin32
Msg: 10
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:11:08 AM
I like your profile and alluring and concise nice work.
Its key that you send out many messages just for practice so to speak so it will become less awkward for you to talk to women.
I would say pick your top three and then send messages to 20-50 other people and once you are more comfortable writing and responding to people go after your favorites =)

Have fun and talk to them like they are your best friend in your messages which comes with time and writing a lot.

One of the best responses I ever got from sending at a string of random messages was at this time my first date section said "I am into having sex before the first date."

This cute woman had a profile that ended "If you are a fun, nice guy who is in no way creepy shoot me a message."

I responded "I read your profile and I seem to meet all your qualifications except for one...I am a mild to moderatly creepy."

She responded back "Oh that is too bad as this is probably my biggest one but its OK because I'm also into sex before the first date."

I responded back "I was just joking about that I am a man of integrity!."

She said "I wasn't..."

lol I started to question how much i really wanted to meet someone who was willing to have sex so soon but I ended up blowing it accusing her of dating a sworn enemy. She was cute but I am happy with the way it turned out.

Oh and never add a person to your "favorites list". It sends them a message and it can be incredibly offensive to think you are one of someone's favorites.

Good luck!
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 11
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 12:56:55 PM
Mention something in her profile to show you have read it. Put the focus on her.
 agoldenknight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 4:12:29 PM
prove to me for this to be true my lady . for us all to pick something out a girl like or has done . BEEN THERE DO THAT AND THEY DONT GET BACK be nice i do show respect i do . talk on what she likes i do but they dont get back . some of the girl on here have been o here along time and they have not found a guy so what are they o here for if they dont get back to guy who just like to chat on who they are and like
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 13
view profile
History
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 6:57:13 PM

like its alot of guys on here fronting and looking for one night stands.. so its hard to stand out from the pack.. cause im genuinely looking for love.

Changing the intention on your profile might help... .... ...

Intent Bcaesar720 wants to date but nothing serious.

Love is serious stuff
 4evablessed
Msg: 14
how to introduce myself
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:45:25 PM
Yes...just be yourself. You don't have to introduce yourself until there are a couple emails goin back and forth...a simple hello...how are you? I really liked ur profile. If your interested in talking to me, hit me back...short, simple, and to the point. If a girl likes your pic & profile, you can pretty much say anything...just no mini novels please.

LL
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how to introduce myself