Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when a guy holds a womans face when kissing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 misslinz2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
when a guy holds a womans face when kissingPage 1 of 1    
Just curious guys,but does it mean anything when you men hold/stroke touch a womans face when kissing her?
I think when a man kisses you like that it can feel very passionate and am curious as whether or not a guy is sending out any messages in the way he kisses,or whether it is just a moment of passion only,all opinions are much appreciated and thanks :-)
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 2
when a guy holds a womans face when kissing
Posted: 10/3/2011 3:59:43 PM
Im not a man.. but wow... that conjures up wonderful images.. Look forward to the men's replys.
:)
 TeeToTheEyeToTheEm
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:02:17 PM
When a guy holds and/or strokes a woman's face while kissing he is sending a signal that this is more than just your everyday kiss. Its kind of like saying the entire world is blocked out besides you at that moment.
 BenClayIII
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:02:30 PM
well from experience I have done it to make it more passionate and to help express that in the kiss.
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:04:52 PM
misslinz,

The face is considered to be an erogenous zone, and rightly so. It has an incredible number of nerve endings. A guy that is aware of this is likely to touch a woman's face when kissing to increase her pleasure, absolutely! Even if not aware of the erogenous nature of the act, he may do it simply to display his feelings of tenderness. Many men would consider it a very special kiss. Excellent question!

SpringsDiver
 misslinz2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:06:35 PM
I love it when a guy you are into kisses you that way and would like to think it does actually mean something more to a guy than *just a kiss* x
 abelian
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:09:46 PM
I do whatever seems like the thing to do at the time. There's nothing particularly meaningful about any specific thing. It's all part of the entire picture. It wouldn't mean much as part of the whole if I actually thought about doing X now, and Y a little later instead of doing what comes naturally.
 Revilors
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:11:52 PM
I'm checking for whiskers and adam's apples.
 misslinz2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:13:48 PM
"I'm checking for whiskers and adam's apples." Hahahaha love it!
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:39:12 PM
I just touch stuff...
Face, butt, boobs, legs, mid-section, collarbone, whatever...

It is what it is.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:14:17 PM
sometimes I do it cuz she is an overzealous kisser and I am trying to teach her how I likes it.

sometimes I realize her breath is awful and I am trying to get away from her beak...

sometimes its cuz i am just really impassioned at the moment and it struck me to do that.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:32:43 PM
I do it often. Feels passionate. I like passionate kissing. I don't just hold my hands there the whole time though, they move around the head and neck and back and such :)
 unclezeus
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:33:24 PM
Oh who knows... each guy is probably going to touch, hold , stroke, squeeze something. Touching is sensual, so he touches.
Maybe he puts his hands on your face to balance himself, maybe he figures if you try to run he can grab your hair faster from this location , probably really suck if his fingers smelled like finger food, nachos or buffalo wings or something. Or worse he didn't wash his hands after he used the toilet.
 steph_0929
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:44:36 PM
no idea but it's super hot. i'm a fan.
 HappyDip
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:16:17 PM

Just curious guys,but does it mean anything when you men hold/stroke touch a womans face when kissing her?

It means either:
A. He's seen too many romcom movies and thinks that's how he's supposed to do it in order to make it seem more romantic.
B. He is really concerned with self image, doesn't want to just stand there with his hands at his sides and his neck and lips stretched out looking stupid, and doesn't want to scare you away by grabbing tits or ass.
C. Just wants to touch the soft skin of your face, or just to touch you more in a loving and not dirty sexy way.

curious as whether or not a guy is sending out any messages in the way he kisses

Depends on the guy.
Some guys are just copying what they've seen in movies and shit.
IMO/IME the more you pay attention to who someone is you understand more of why they kiss the way they do.
 4x4fan
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:39:22 PM
It means nothing more than a kiss. The guy doing that probably knows that the lady he's kissing will want to, and try to read something more passionate or romantic into his actions.
 Ignoble
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:41:42 PM
Well... I'm not sure you'll get any definite answers on that. Depends on the guy I'd say. I have a friend who does that EVERY time because he read something about it in some magazine. For myself I find myself doing that when I have genuine feelings for a woman not just your regular boyfriend/girlfriends feelings. Someone I consider "special".
 Bradleyismenotyou
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:54:27 PM
There is one woman that has come into...and out of my life that I touched caressed her face before, during, and after kissing her and it was because I wanted her to feel as amazing in that moment as she made me feel from the second I woke up next to her until I fell asleep with my arms around her at night.

I can't speak for all guys but when I did it, it definitely was for a reason.
 m14shooter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 7:09:36 PM
I do that a lot as well as run my hand through her hair and up and down her neck. To me it means I love her and want to touch her.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 8:09:46 PM
I think it can be seen from all these answers that yes, SOMETHING is being communicated. But like EVERYTHING about love and friendship and relationships, when it comes to non-verbal stuff, ya just never know what the heck is going on.

Guys who are really good players will do it, KNOWING how impressive it can be, and how it can fool a woman into believing he's all about her, without his having to lie out loud. Other REAL guys, will do it spontaneously, in the grip of passion and lust.

Some are just wobbling too much owing to excessive drink or "other" activities, and for them, it's a targeting strategy.

So I would say, STOP with the analyzing of it, and just enjoy it.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/3/2011 8:10:23 PM
You can squeeze arms and waists and bottoms, but not a face. The face you touch delicately, attentively.

You can give the face the lightest touch, so light it wouldn’t even be felt by another body part. But the face feels it.

The face has delicate nerve-endings around eyes, nose, lips. You can pull her to you with the lightest touch. Show her your hunger for her.

Stroke a newborn’s face and it turns towards you, looking to suckle.

The face is the most personal part, the most unique part. It is the place of their identity. Touching the face conveys the gentle tenderness we feel for that person uniquely.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when a guy holds a womans face when kissing