Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys like the idea of having sex with a virgin?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justsmileandsing
Msg: 1
Why do guys like the idea of having sex with a virgin?Page 1 of 1    
Says it all in the question really ^

Would this put you off someone or would you like this more. I have heard guys do like taking a girls virginity.

Is inexperience a turn off or a turn on?

Is it different for younger guys in comparison to older men?
 andy8691
Msg: 2
Why do guys like the idea of having sex with a virgin?
Posted: 10/27/2011 4:25:47 AM
Really does not appeal to all of us. had one experience and it was my first time as well, after that never happened or wanted to. I know in some cultures its important some African tribes believe it can cure disease.

Personally I think guys who actively want virgins have a problem. It's not just a kink, and I find the links to youth disturbing for older guys...

but thats just me - give me experience and openness every time - much more fun!
 abelian
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/27/2011 4:34:06 AM

Would this put you off someone or would you like this more. I have heard guys do like taking a girls virginity.

I've done it twice, but didn't really think about it either way apart from ensuring that was what she wanted to do and giving time to think about it before going through with it. I wouldn't want it to happen in the heat of the moment and have her regret it.

Neither. I haven't found a correlation between experience and being good in bed.

It's different in the sense that, at my age, I'd have some serious reservations about a woman who was old enough to date me, but still a virgin.
 redfox21
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/27/2011 4:39:32 AM
I guess it wouldn't be a huge issue. Some guys might be uncomfortable.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:04:40 AM
Because most men have been socially conditioned to take the lead in relationships, and thus teaching intimacy is openly embraced by most men.
 unclezeus
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:10:59 AM

We don't really. Some guys don't like to compete with another mans penis, his pleasuring skills, thats about what it, essentially.

If a guy has sex with a virgin, pops it, she kinda tends to turn into lint, and stick around, thats the down side. Why?

Because she needs more experience. She should never stay with her "First". The same for boys, he should never stay with his "First".
For guys, its more difficult to get popped, younger than 19. Luckily there are older women, and hookers are a realistic option , too.

Would this put you off someone or would you like this more.

Most healthy heterosexual men are not going to be put off.

I have heard guys do like taking a girls virginity.

Good. You've heard correctly. But the younger the man is , usually, the more naive he is about doing it with virgin, ....the side affects of his actions. Some old guys are just as naive.
Some boys turn all clingy, and want to hold onto the woman. The mature male would let her go and get more experience.

The turn on, is that its Poon. The turn off, is that she says, "No".
Doesn't really matter if you're virgin or not.
And as I said, some guys might get excited because they don't need to compete with another mans penis skills.

Only if the older guy isn't a dumbass.
The younger guy doesn't quite understand the side affects of what he is about to do. While the older guy , should understand what will happen, and what he needs to do, after he takes the cherry.

I suppose you could say, "Immature male vs the mature experienced male", on the matter. That might make more sense than "Younger and older".
LOL.. but your average 14 to 28 yo guy doesn't have a clue whats in store for him if he eats her cherry.
 JP1111
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:45:33 AM
This will vary from guy to guy. To me, it put me off unless we were dating. It would because the first time is something you will treasure and remember so, it should be something special and not just a roll in the hay.

Inexperience can be seen as a turn off as now the focus becomes her loosing it and not just having great sex.

Younger guys won't put as much emphasis or importance on this simnply because they will have less experiencre.
 McReel13
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:50:44 AM
ya i agree i honistly dont want a virgin id feel like im taking avantage of her she would not no what to do i would not no how she would react an for the guys that do want virgens i would say they must suck at sex an need someone that has never had it or they just have probs
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:14:44 AM
A virgin at my age - do any of them exist? I have no interest in dating a virgin my age or any age for that matter.

When I was in my teens and early 20's it was assumed that if I met a girl my age or slightly younger she might be a virgin. A my age I assume she would have a significant amount of experience. From what I hear the average age kids lose thier virginity is significantly lower than it was when I was a teenager.

I have only slept with girl ( she was 18 ) who said she was a virgin - I can't say I would have know she was if she did not tell me ( I would have assumed she was just shy ). Being a virgin does not necessarily mean that a girls hymen is still intact or that either male or female have not practiced on themselves many times before.

When two people have sex for the first time together there is always a period of learning each others bodies and what works best for the both of them. Being with someone who knows how thier own equipment works and has more than a learners permit to operate mine is a bonus.
 m_church
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:41:48 AM

I have heard guys do like taking a girls virginity.

I've been with a few virgins when I was much younger. If the guy cares and isn't just after getting his own rocks off, then it can be a great experience for both. However too many men literally can't be bothered and just want quick sex.

Too much experience can be as bad as too little. I've met some women who no longer 'enjoy' sex because to them it's a 'been there done that - got the T Shirt' type of thing for them...
I've met enthusuastic women with little or no experience who were great lovers because they still were having fun...
And all ranges in between....
 DoctorMatt
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:45:55 PM
Doesn't do it for me. I like some prior experience. But that's just me.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:49:55 PM
Men have egos and aspirations. We can be dichotemies. As much as some like to smack every labia they possibly can they are also probably a bit like Captain Kirk: "To go where no man has gone before."
 That_girl*
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/27/2011 1:02:01 PM
perhaps for a few reasons..maybe for some its the whole i was the first to conquer it this is my untouched land nobody has touched it or been here..

also for the older ones who always like "em young" "ekkk chills down spine" they may have a i will teach her what i like an how i like it an she will learn to satisfy me an only me because she hasn't experienced anybody eles fantasy..

or religious reasons some see a woman as filthy if she is not a virgin which i find ridiculous because the man whos on a religious conquer mission for virgins has probably slept with more women an or men then the average joe but if a woman has been already "touched" shes used goods an dirty..double standard "rolls eyes"

or it could be that the guy is such a bad lover in bed that being with somebody who has little to no experience wouldnt know the differance of good sex an passionate intimacy an foreplay vs. 4 pump chump climb on top an do their business an leave they may come to think that this is the norm for sex until they run into somebody who knows what their doing then the windows will come flying open!
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:28:04 PM
Ugh. Because they probably have not tried it. I did once. Not interested. The other reason is insecurity in my opinion. Not wanting to be thought of as less skilled or smaller than another lover.
 ack001
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:08:20 PM
There is nothing overly appealing about it to me.
 HappyDip
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:43:56 PM

IMO the only guys that like the idea of having sex with a virgin are pretty much sex addicts where sex is the primary focus of their life.
Like they've become sex sommelier and the virgin is a rare chablis or something.

Or they are middle eastern. I hear they love virgins. The more the merrier.

Would this put you off someone or would you like this more

Being a virgin puts me off, but I'm not 18 anymore.
Someone that thinks a virgin is something to be proud of (depending on the reasons why they are a virgin, but I've never met anyone that was a virgin for either religious or mental/emotional issues affecting how they viewed sex) rather than just a meaningless state of being like "I've never eaten broccoli before, I've never pee'd in public, I've never had a prostate exam."

Neither. It's attitudes and views (and subsequent consistency of behavior) of sex that turn me on and off.

Not sure what you mean by the question.
Is sex different for younger guys in comparison to older men? From an objective 3rd party position, not really.
Subjectively, yes.
Do young people generally have stupid views regarding sex? Yes.
Do older people generally have stupid views regarding sex? Sort of. Maybe. No. Yes.
They have experience to back up their beliefs, or denial when they don't want to listen to their experience, or they've never grown up, or it's comparing apples to oranges.
 m_church
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:03:50 PM

IMO the only guys that like the idea of having sex with a virgin are pretty much sex addicts where sex is the primary focus of their life

I guess in my opinion many guys hate to have sex with virgins because they feel at least one of them should know what to do.... That's why they look for an experienced woman....
 Laha Math
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:05:53 PM
Some guys like to be first. It's unique. Untouched. Fresh blood. I remember my first girl was quite pleased to know she was my first. Something nobody else would ever be. Some silly romantic notion on her part. It's never been important to me but I do fondly recall introducing one girlfriend to all the varied aspects of sex. I also taught her how to drive a car. She got her driving licence in my car. Double play.
 GreatGuyATX
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:13:11 PM
Just an FYI (IMO) the guys you're hearing about - that like virgins - are probably not the best choices to be around. They most likely just want to pop the you-know-what and move on.

Most normal guys are either indifferent (meaning it isn't an important factor) or are concerned with it being a girl's first time. Some might be concerned that she might not be experienced - but not all virgins are 'inexperienced.'
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:47:51 PM
You may as well ask why people want to be first in line to buy concert tickets, tennis shoes or smart phones --- WTF advantage does that give you over the next 10 people?

Some people just want to feel special and this is one way of doing it. Others may buy limited edition collectibles that are the first "100" or so -- they feel special by having the first products off an assembly line, just as some folk want the newest model car just off the transport truck. "Oh, you can't buy one, this is next year's model - I'm special because I have it and you don't."

There are endless variations of this on the high end or the low end....heck, look at the kid who always wants to be first to swing at the piƱata, the first to pass "Go" in Monopoly, etc. People can get obsessed about being first.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys like the idea of having sex with a virgin?