Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > White collar.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Terramay
Msg: 1
White collar.Page 1 of 1    
Recently a friend brought to my attention that I've been seeing another "white collar guy". Apparently the term covers doctors, lawyers, and basically men in general who are in power.

I like dominant men, so maybe thats a factor. But my question is:

What kind of women attract quality guys?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 2
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:46:29 AM
Quality women with substance I would think some would say ,and some would say one with a nice rack , depends on the guy
 CynM
Msg: 3
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:52:55 AM
A man's job status (white, blue, or pink collar) nor his education level equate to quality. Unless you equate earning POTENTIAL with quality.

A quality woman attracts a quality man.
 TDH49
Msg: 4
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:55:46 AM
"white collar guy
You friend might have been having a little joke at your expense since they know about your dislike for African American men and you only wanting to date white men.

Apparently the term covers doctors, lawyers, and basically men in general who are in power.
Only partly true actually. The term covers all job that does NOT include any kind of manual labor. So a guy working in a boiler room selling crap over the phone is still viewed as "White collar".
 abelian
Msg: 5
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:57:33 AM

What kind of women attract quality guys?

Quality women. But if what you really mean are

basically men in general who are in power.

then it's probably women they can think of as conquests.
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:07:32 AM
well op, if you're dating ACTUAL doctors, lawyers or the like at your age, you may find your goal of a storybook lifetime commitment elusive. because in answer to your question, quality men (and women, of course) choose partners who bring as much to the table as they do, and unless you are beyond exceptional at age 19, you don't do that.

these people will all be significantly older than you and will probably have accomplished far more than you, to succeed in their rigorous professions. that gives them experience and perspective that you don't share, and these are important factors in determining long-term compatibility.

you're young and cute, of course, and that's sufficient to attract a high-status man, but seldom enough to keep him.

long-term relationships are work, and the only way to learn to maintain them is through experience. knowing yourself, knowing how to communicate and handle conflict, knowing how to set boundaries with people you love, knowing how to take responsibility for your own happiness, and so forth. don't expect to learn all this from a few high school and college boyfriends.

when you can bring all these skills to the table, you'll be a suitable match for someone equally accomplished. until then, you won't be. so focus on what it takes for YOU to be an excellent prospect, even as you look for one among the men you date.
 JP1111
Msg: 7
view profile
History
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:09:55 AM
Ouch, now that's a very loadeed and bias question.

To as about “quality guys” is asking about the better guys than the others. Every person is perfect just the way they are and it's not because someone else believes them to be better than another that means they are.
 Laha Math
Msg: 8
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:27:30 AM
white collar = office worker
blue collar = factory worker

"What kind of women attract quality guys?" Well, you've come to the right place, but.... we don't refer to ourselves as "guys". You're going to have to work on that vocabulary.

Quality men are attracted to quiet, self-possessed, confident women of superior breeding and training. She will be a gracious hostess, if not raised to it then taught it at charm school. She has excellent posture. She locks her kneees and walks from the hip. She knows how to pick out a wool suit and silk blouse. She's always appropriately and conservatively dressed. She's thin. She knows how to apply makeup so it doesn't show. Her kids are polite and under her control. She sets a mood of serenity in the home. She doesn't collapse under pressure. She never lets herself be intimidated.

That'll get you started.
 Arc_Eire
Msg: 9
view profile
History
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:34:39 AM
Christ on a Crutch preaches the truth.

What kind of women attract successful men?:
1. Cute attractive women - Who such men use as playtoys for a while.

2. Successful women in their own right - Who such men marry.

You're cute and thats fun sure, but I would suggest that the reason you are dating "another" white collar guy is because these "powerful" men get want they want and then keep on going.

Just like christ mentioned, it won't be until you are bringing something to the table as well that you manage to hold onto one of them, until then you'll just be a little playtoy for them.

HalftimeDad
Msg: 10
view profile
History
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:35:38 AM
It depends on your definition of a "quality guy."

I think a quality guy is looking for an equal - not someone he can dominate. He would also be all the usual things - bright, funny, ambitious, has his life on the right track, yada, yada.

The thing is, 19 year old guys aren't there yet. And older quality guys don't date teenagers - that whole "equal partner" thing. So you can date decent guys your age who are going to be doofuses at times, or pervy older guys.
 AsianCupidGirl
Msg: 11
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:45:15 AM
CONFIDENCE.100%.

And a woman who is not hard to please, who is always pleasant to be around. Men like women who are fun. Someone who has a life and can easily leave him if he treats her like crap.

Good quality men want good quality women.

As for me, I don't usually care for white collar workers. Up here in Canada where I live- men in the trades can make just as much money as a doctor. I don't see white collar men as having power and if society thinks they do,screw that. White collar men bore the crap out of me and I hold just as much education as some of them.
 Landra2
Msg: 12
view profile
History
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:48:45 AM
Be worthy of the type of man you want to attract.
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:51:39 AM

The term white-collar worker refers to a salaried professional or an educated worker who performs semi-professional office, administrative, and sales coordination tasks, as opposed to a blue-collar worker, whose job requires manual labor. "White-collar work" is an informal term, defined in contrast to "blue-collar work".

I can't see where the term "men in power" comes into play.

And how on earth does this equate to dominant men?

White collar worker is just as it states above.

Then we move on to what kind of women attract quality guys?

You are all over the map with this one.
What is it that you are trying to say?

Do you think because your friend says that you are seeing another "white collar guy",
you want to know if you are the right type of woman to attract them?

At your age, you may attract older men (who have obtained their degree and working in their field of practice), but you are not what they would be looking for, for long term.

I would think it to be more of a liking for younger women.
And then I would question their mentality level for dating someone that young and immature.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 12:49:22 PM
It is likely are you are attracted to "dominant" men because you are 19 and/or have daddy issues. It is obvious you don't have much life experience, as would be expected at your age because white collar refers to professionals, and has nothing to do with men in power. It sounds like you may be thinking of someone who has staff who work for them, again it isn't exclusively professionals.

Not to worry, you'll most likely figure it out with some more life experience. The only thing I see of concern, on a motherly type basis would be the dominance. It would be highly recommended you deal with any daddy issues and/or self esteem issues before you become seriously involved or (God forbid) become a parent. You have lots of living to do.
 SoBayNative
Msg: 15
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 1:37:20 PM
I thought you dated celebs and musicians. I can't keep up with you. I hope you're getting an education and socking money away in a secret account because I've seen the fallout over the years (community I grew up and my hometown in general) of "men in general who are in power" and date and marry young women and trophy wives. When the woman gets older and/or less attractive, the man moves on and the woman usually has no marketable skills and tends to get pretty screwed in the divorce (men in power can afford very good lawyers) and it's not a fun thing.
 getanet
Msg: 16
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:21:16 PM
It's an old term that used to only differentiate between manual and non-manual labor, essentially. Any man in a "position of power" or "quality man" would likely appreciate a woman who knew this basic term and what it meant, and had enough self-awareness to formulate her own opinion of what it meant to her.

unclezeus
Msg: 17
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:58:43 PM
What kind of women attract quality guys

No particular kind.

The man just needs to be, primarily, physically attracted to the woman, how she thinks or what she does for income is a secondary concern, if that.

What a woman does for a job/career has no bearing on the kind of man she will attract.

A White Collar guy can be attracted by female sweeping the sidewalks, and he would marry her.

Women don't do that, and probably never will. A woman, working in a White Collar position would typically never marry a sidewalk sweeper.

A quality woman attracts a quality man.

That is false. A quality man will be attracted to any woman he finds himself most attracted, regardless of her quality. However, not so, the other way around. The man needs to have a good income for a quality woman to be interested in him, for anything long term.
And a woman of quality, mostly equates to a woman of good , to really great looks.
 candlelight and roses
Msg: 18
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 3:36:14 PM
this would depend on the bloke in question.
just because he is in a fancy pen pushing or desk job, he can still be a night stalker or weekend biker with his tatoos hiden under a business suit monday to Friday showing.
 Eli087
Msg: 19
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:09:30 PM
I agree with unclezeus. Beutiful women attract quality men. despite the preachings of jealous, overweight, older, and unattractive women, the most important thing men are attracted to is of course beauty. dominant, wealthy men are the equivalent of beautiful women in terms of the dating food chain, so you have to be pretty good looking to catch one.

However, one true part to the jealous warnings above; older men may abuse your youthful naivety. They will use you, and then end up with a more experianced woman. You just might do well to date people closer to your age so you dont get a harsh dose of reality.

Im going backwards here but the first part of my answer is most important.

Apparently the term covers doctors, lawyers, and basically men in general who are in power.

"White collar men": These are "proffesionals". business managers, engineers, accountants are all white collar. doctors and lawyers are at the top of group and very high on the food chain. people with low level desk jobs are still blue collar.

I like dominant men, so maybe thats a factor

No shit. all women do

P.S. In case you are wondering why you are getting flamed, your post sounds very arrogant indeed.
 unclezeus
Msg: 20
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:43:43 PM

older men may abuse your youthful naivety. They will use you, and then end up with a more experianced woman.

There is some truth to that statement, but "Older men" is whom you should be looking for , if your dream is to have a family by age 30.

Since you're only 19, quite honestly you don't need to worry about committed relationships until you're at least 24 or 25. Meet and Date guys for now. But don't expect males your age to stay around very long, even though they will throw a line BS at you about wanting you forever. He has no clue what he wants yet.

So you should begin now, looking for males 5 to 10 years older. Not the males your age.

While it is true that the older man and younger woman with 10 or more years difference in age, is just mostly about the sex, so are any dating interactions with the male predicated on sexual attraction. So you need to be fully aware of what is going on. And the attraction to you, is never about love, its always going to be about infatuation, to begin with. The males desire to be close to you. Once upon a time this was known best as the desire to mate with you. Thats all it is.
Over time, you may bond closer to each other, although, overtime you may pull apart.

"Attraction" and how far you follow it, is a 100% risk. No promises.
 CynM
Msg: 21
White collar.
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:56:03 PM

Beutiful women attract quality men. despite the preachings of jealous, overweight, older, and unattractive women, the most important thing men are attracted to is of course beauty. dominant, wealthy men are the equivalent of beautiful women in terms of the dating food chain, so you have to be pretty good looking to catch one.

dozens and dozens of forum threads would disagree with you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > White collar.